Songs MJ Should Retire????

Having seen all of Michael's tours from 1988-1997, I totally agree that Michael needs to retire some songs or at least not play the same show set during almost every concert on each tour. I think Michael needs to relax his set list and play different songs each concert like Prince does, and I think this would make Michael's already amazing concerts even better as Michael has so many brilliant to choose from.

Wanna Be Startin Somethin is such a great songs to open his concerts during the Victory and Bad Tours, that I found Michael using it as the second song to perform on both the Dangerous and History Tours rather flat and lackluster. To that should be laid to rest unless he performs it as the opening song again.

Heal The World is a song I've never liked, so I'd love Michael to stop performing that. Dangerous was only performed on the History Tour (and I think on some of the 1993 leg of the Dangerous Tour ?) and Michael & Friends charity concerts in 1999 & the two 30th Anniversary concerts in 2001. But Michael has performed Dangerous too many time on tv from the AMA's in 1993 right up to American Bandstand in 2002, so that song needs to be laid to rest.

The Jackson 5 Medley is the most boring, "Let's sing the old songs, the old fashion way". Michael's been saying that on tour since the mid late 1970's when he introduces the medley and he's been performing that medley since 1973. I think Michael needs to add some Jacksons songs like Can You Feel It, Shake Your Body (To The Ground) and Blame It On The Boogie to the medley, as well as Jackson 5 songs like Dancing Machine, Never Can Say Goodbye and some solo songs like Got To Be There etc.

Michael laid Rock With You to rest after the Bad Tour, and Working Day & Night after the Dangerous Tour which were great concert songs. I can think of a number of things Michael should change in his concerts because his tours have stuck more a less to the same format as the 1988 leg Bad Tour with a few songs removed and some new songs from his current album.

Even though I say I'd hate to see Michael perform the same standard set again, fans including myself would be so excited to see Michael on tour again after 11yrs, that the same old repetitive set would look fresh again. Even though Michael needs to revamp his tours to really impress longtime fans and the media.

Last edited:
I suppose "Heal The World" goes into the "cheesy" category for some, that's why it isn't liked. It may seem too soft or boring. Not to diss anybody.

That's actually sad, I can't understand how songs like "The Lost Children", "Heal The World", "We Are The World" and others can't be liked. When they have those great harmonies and create enhancing feelings. Not to mention incredible messages that aren't really listened to and taken into consideration anyway. While others dislike when he sings angrier songs. Or songs he doesn't compose (entirely) by himself..

Complicated. I wonder when he will be appreciated at his true value.

Last edited:
I like "We Are The World" actually. I also love "Man In The Mirror", "We've Had Enough" and "Will U Be There" because not only are they great songs but they have a powerful message. Now "Heal The World" is a positive song as well and I get what Michael was trying to do with it, but I just find it to be incredibly corny lol. I do admit that it's very catchy though.

Last edited:
Retire beat it? Wbss,Billie jean, Beat it and thriller..its like an unwritten rule that that have 2 be n the show lol. Man in the mirror cancels out heal the world lol..um earth song isnt needed with man in the mirror....The only song that i dont care 4 live is heal the world so id be fine if h retired that song. But everything else must stay with YRMMY CRY and unbreakable and butterflies and dont walk away added aswell as new songs lol

Don't really care BUT one song that should remain forever is Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

Not Billie Jean :cry: I :love: when he adds somethin new to the dance routine, if he'd add somethin new to WBSS, Thriller, Beat It, Heal The World, etc it'd be awesome ;)

Having seen all of Michael's tours from 1988-1997, I totally agree that Michael needs to retire some songs or at least not play the same show set during almost every concert on each tour. I think Michael needs to relax his set list and play different songs each concert like Prince does, and I think this would make Michael's already amazing concerts even better as Michael has so many brilliant to choose from.

Wanna Be Startin Somethin is such a great songs to open his concerts during the Victory and Bad Tours, that I found Michael using it as the second song to perform on both the Dangerous and History Tours rather flat and lackluster. To that should be laid to rest unless he performs it as the opening song again.

Heal The World is a song I've never liked, so I'd love Michael to stop performing that. Dangerous was only performed on the History Tour (and I think on some of the 1993 leg of the Dangerous Tour ?) and Michael & Friends charity concerts in 1999 & the two 30th Anniversary concerts in 2001. But Michael has performed Dangerous too many time on tv from the AMA's in 1993 right up to American Bandstand in 2002, so that song needs to be laid to rest.

The Jackson 5 Medley is the most boring, "Let's sing the old songs, the old fashion way". Michael's been saying that on tour since the mid late 1970's when he introduces the medley and he's been performing that medley since 1973. I think Michael needs to add some Jacksons songs like Can You Feel It, Shake Your Body (To The Ground) and Blame It On The Boogie to the medley, as well as Jackson 5 songs like Dancing Machine, Never Can Say Goodbye and some solo songs like Got To Be There etc.

Michael laid Rock With You to rest after the Bad Tour, and Working Day & Night after the Dangerous Tour which were great concert songs. I can think of a number of things Michael should change in his concerts because his tours have stuck more a less to the same format as the 1988 leg Bad Tour with a few songs removed and some new songs from his current album.

Even though I say I'd hate to see Michael perform the same standard set again, fans including myself would be so excited to see Michael on tour again after 11yrs, that the same old repetitive set would look fresh again. Even though Michael needs to revamp his tours to really impress longtime fans and the media.

DANGEROUS WASNT PERFORMED @ MSG WHAT R U TALKIN ABOUT?

DANGEROUS WASNT PERFORMED @ MSG WHAT R U TALKIN ABOUT?

Your right !!! ............. I made mistake in what I wrote, as didn't mean to say Michael performed Dangerous on 2 of the MGS concerts but at both of the Michael & Friends concert.

Last edited:
I agree with the J5 middle 'n Wanna Be Startin Somethin (the coreography reminds me the macarena) :lol:

LOL!

Yeah I would like him to drop this one as well. The only one is this one.
No Heal The World? Come on,guyz, don't be silly. That is the song Michael is most proud of. And I can tell why, I mean, it is beautiful. He shouldn't have dropped Human Nature, that song is a killer.

Back