Something amazing just crossed my mind

I'm going to be blunt about this. The only reason Prince and MJ ever get compared is because they both have a very femine look! PERIOD! Lets face it, Prince and MJ, although they are both heterosexual, they don't have a very macho look.

The only reason why people compare Prince and MJ is because they were the biggest male artists of the 80's and they were huge at the same time. They each have their own styles, and the only thing they have in common musically really is that they were both influenced by James Brown.
You hit the nail on the head. Two very different type of artists.

Haha really? Well, I guess I mean I see a lot of HATE coming from Michael fans when it comes to Prince, like the "Prince sucks compared to MJ" type of thing - it's like they can't take MJ being compared to someone very talented, so they take to bashing Prince instead of seeing him as another artist with talent.

But yeah, I'm sure Prince fans are equally as guilty!

They are. I used to post on Prince.org and I had to stop. It seemed every single day there was a thread "Jackson does blah blah.." it became lame. There was so much bashing on there, and I remember there being a couple of fans on there (Benscarr as well if anyone remembers that name) and in the end it seems like they just went on there to defend his name as else it would just be all out war on there sometimes. It was pathetic.

I'm a big fan of Prince, and I went to see him at the o2 a couple of years back and I thought he was fab! But I am much more excited to see Michael as he is more my 'type' of music (just my personal opinion) and he has been my idol since as far back as I can remember.

I'm sure there are some absolutely wonderful hardcore Prince fans out there, but the majority of them it seems have absolutely no respect for Michael at all.. Though I think that the moderating on Prince boards are not as respectful/strict so the bashing comes across much stronger a lot more of the time.. At least on boards like this, you might not like Prince but you have to have some respect and are not allowed to insult him :yes:

They are both amazing in my eyes, saw prince 3 times at the 02 and he blew me away, but Michael will also blow everyone away. Their shows are completley different.

you can also say that about madonna though, her fans have been takeing the piss out of michael but they all have tix to see him. People are very fickle we live in that kind of world

I've never really understood the Prince v MJ comparison, both different musical styles in my opinion. Its difficult to compare Michael to most other artists because his achievements stand head and shoulders above the rest.

Prince isnt to my personal taste, with the exception of a couple of tracks. I dont own any of his albums but can appreciate he has a talent.

TBH I know nearly nothing about Prince. I was surprised to see he was doing 21 shows in the UK. He rarely gets mentioned here in the media or by anyone I've ever known, I dunno maybe I'm a bit secluded on the Prince front. I know 3 songs of his, Purple Rain, When Doves Cry and The Most Beautiful Girl In The World. Oh and 1999? I love all of those so will maybe take the time to listen to more of his stuff. As for this comparing lark, I don't see the point to be honest. The same as I don't with Elvis and any other artist people like to debate about. Just playing silly beggars if you ask me! :D

TBH 50 shows of MJ is not sold out too!! all these companies bought the tickets to sell it afterwards!!

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Rock-and-Pop/Michael-Jackson-Tickets

There are still 100s if not 1000s of tickets up for grabs but with high prices!!

PS don't like Prince!!

that cancels itself out, cus if those tickets were made available they would've been snapped up too. the quick amount of time which the sellout occurred, proves that. so MJ did sell out 50 shows. being a scab doesn't count. if someone charged you an arm and a leg, you'd be hesitant to go the hospital to get an operation, let alone go to a concert, too. and as time passes, if people have the budget, there will be those who will buy the expensive ones too.

Last edited:
And what about some Prince fans who just hate MJ for every god almighty thing!?!?:doh:....it works both ways, lets be real here....

Haha yeah, I know, like I said before - Prince fans are just as guilty!

Me, personally, I love them both, and I always say it was MJ and Prince who got me through my very horrible 9th grade year.

They're both fantastic, and I hate the whole comparison thing.
What I fund funny is MJ fans hate the media and the stories they come up with and create, yet it's a lot of MJ fans themselves who continue to play along with the MJ vs. Prince nonsense!

no i totally agree i think alot of it is by MJ fans they carry it on.
because their sooo defensive.
and they allways come out with the whole.
MJ's the biggest selling artist in the world.
and they get proper defensive over him.

i dont no why i am saying they (coz i do it myself) lol

but i think the reason they always say prince wins is because of the whole private life thing.
prince hasnt had the "scandels" MJ has.

but if you look at it musicly.

its obvious who wins.

Good old michael jackson.
BIGGEST SELLING ARTIST OFF ALL TIME.

nicee

:]

what is amazing is that people still write articles about michael vs prince, so my point is that for all the prince fan mj haters, watch whats coming 4 u, because not only was mike the bigger artist in the 80's but he will be the biggest artist of this decade, hit wise, sales wise, etc..

Also, i noticed they really do compete in a way, in a mental way. I was just watching a prince interview, and travis smiley told prince, that no one today is above his shoulders, creatively,musically , that he was mre then a perfectionist, so its like mike will come back and remind everyone who he is, because see the thing about prince is that no one, has ever lost respect for him, or has forgotten about his genius, but now mike will and forever will renew that respect for him musically.

:D I could care less about the crap about what other people think about who is better between Prince and Michael. What intrigues me most is the personal rival between the two. Remember Will I. Am talking about what happened when they went out with Chris Tucker to a Prince concert and Prince played his guitar in Mike's face and Mike was a little "perturbed" about it? That was funnier than all get out to me and waaayyyy more interesting.:rofl:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Mike cannot be compared with ANYONE.. Michael Jackson is a unique phenomenon!

:D I could care less about the crap about what other people think about who is better between Prince and Michael. What intrigues me most is the personal rival between the two. Remember Will I. Am talking about what happened when they went out with Chris Tucker to a Prince concert and Prince played his guitar in Mike's face and Mike was a little "perturbed" about it? That was funnier than all get out to me and waaayyyy more interesting.:rofl:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST
On the CD with Prince's 21 Nights book, he mentions Mike, that photographers always want to get a picture of them together.

Did MJ and Tucker really see Prince? I can't believe nobody snapped a cell phone pic or something.

Michael and Prince are musical geniuses in their own right and shouldnt be compared, and Prince is know well outside the US. In the UK he's very popular! I think alot of people also havent seen the full Prince and know the full Prince. I also don't think he gets the credit for alot of stuff he releases, and thats why people just think of the 80s Prince. When he was 17 he could play 28 intruments!!!!!

Back