Something amazing just crossed my mind

platinumpapi

Proud Member
I am a huge fan of both price & michael jackson, but obliviously michael is my god, and is my favorite, but something has just crossed my mind.

People still talk about mj vs price, many times nowadays people say wow, prince is still doing his thing, is still making incredible music, seems like prince is the winner. Thats alot of the talk that has happend and that is happening now, in many places, whether communities or the media, that prince has won the mj vs prince battle... Now i really dont like to compare them, but for some reason i guess i just naturally have too, but not really. Let me just say that, what made me start to get into the thought of them competing are the 02 shows. I bealive prince did 21 sold out nights at the 02........... Now our man michael, is going to do 50 something sold out shows at the 02!!!!!!!! now, tell me thats not competitive? So when mikes completes those concerts and they turn out very well, what will they say then? I bet, mike is saying to himself, well, prince did 21 sold out concerts im going to do 50 sold out concerts, now what!!!! haha

And i love them both but, this is one of the perfect ways to look at it, Prince impressd with his 02 , now mike is going to try and beat that, and show the world that prince played at the 02 but mike owns it!

Has typos price = Prince :lol:

I like em both - never really understood why people compare them (except the obvious) but they have such individual styles. I just assume not set em against each other.

Has typos price = Prince :lol:

I like em both - never really understood why people compare them (except the obvious) but they have such individual styles. I just assume not set em against each other.
I second that.

I am a huge fan of both price & michael jackson, but obliviously michael is my god, and is my favorite, but something has just crossed my mind.

People still talk about mj vs price, many times nowadays people say wow, prince is still doing his thing, is still making incredible music, seems like prince is the winner. Thats alot of the talk that has happend and that is happening now, in many places, whether communities or the media, that prince has won the mj vs prince battle... Now i really dont like to compare them, but for some reason i guess i just naturally have too, but not really. Let me just say that, what made me start to get into the thought of them competing are the 02 shows. I bealive prince did 21 sold out nights at the 02........... Now our man michael, is going to do 50 something sold out shows at the 02!!!!!!!! now, tell me thats not competitive? So when mikes completes those concerts and they turn out very well, what will they say then? I bet, mike is saying to himself, well, prince did 21 sold out concerts im going to do 50 sold out concerts, now what!!!! haha

And i love them both but, this is one of the perfect ways to look at it, Prince impressd with his 02 , now mike is going to try and beat that, and show the world that prince played at the 02 but mike owns it!

and...?

the 21 shows were not sold out though .

i didnt even know that people compare them :lol:
prince has nothing in common with michael, does he? o_O

The only reason why people compare Prince and MJ is because they were the biggest male artists of the 80's and they were huge at the same time. They each have their own styles, and the only thing they have in common musically really is that they were both influenced by James Brown.

They're both fantastic, and I hate the whole comparison thing.
What I fund funny is MJ fans hate the media and the stories they come up with and create, yet it's a lot of MJ fans themselves who continue to play along with the MJ vs. Prince nonsense!

They're both fantastic, and I hate the whole comparison thing.
What I fund funny is MJ fans hate the media and the stories they come up with and create, yet it's a lot of MJ fans themselves who continue to play along with the MJ vs. Prince nonsense!
I think you got it wrong. It is more like the other way round. lol
I dont get the comparison thing either.
i didnt even know prince was huge in the 80s and I didnt even know that he existslol and gets compared to MJ until I read some of the comments on youtube and the articles by the internet-media probably written by some prince fans.
MJ gets compared to almost everyone, i think he is the most compared artist, it's weird. lol
mj vs madonna
mj vs elvis presley
mj vs justin timberlake
mj vs chris brown
and so on.

You know what? Prince is nothing compared to MJ. I live in a country there MJ isn't that popular IMHO, but people know MJ and have heard some of his songs, but nobody knows about Prince, nor do I! First time I heard about Prince was these MJ related boards...
MJ is worldwide superstar and Prince is local American star I think, there are no much people outside USA, who know Prince, I believe... but I may be wrong. :)

I think you got it wrong. It is more like the other way round. lol
I dont get the comparison thing either.
i didnt even know prince was huge in the 80s and I didnt even know that he existslol and gets compared to MJ until I read some of the comments on youtube and the articles by the internet-media probably written by some prince fans.
MJ gets compared to almost everyone, i think he is the most compared artist, it's weird. lol
mj vs madonna
mj vs elvis presley
mj vs justin timberlake
mj vs chris brown
and so on.
Haha really? Well, I guess I mean I see a lot of HATE coming from Michael fans when it comes to Prince, like the "Prince sucks compared to MJ" type of thing - it's like they can't take MJ being compared to someone very talented, so they take to bashing Prince instead of seeing him as another artist with talent.

But yeah, I'm sure Prince fans are equally as guilty!

You know what? Prince is nothing compared to MJ. I live in a country there MJ isn't that popular IMHO, but people know MJ and have heard some of his songs, but nobody knows about Prince, nor do I! First time I heard about Prince was these MJ related boards...
MJ is worldwide superstar and Prince is local American star I think, there are no much people outside USA, who know Prince, I believe... but I may be wrong. :)
You are right. :)

Haha really? Well, I guess I mean I see a lot of HATE coming from Michael fans when it comes to Prince, like the "Prince sucks compared to MJ" type of thing - it's like they can't take MJ being compared to someone very talented, so they take to bashing Prince instead of seeing him as another artist with talent.

But yeah, I'm sure Prince fans are equally as guilty!
hmmm...did I sound like I hate prince? and did I bash prince? I've already been very careful that I didnt say anything that offend some prince fans on here. I think I better not say much and just simply agree with you or else it's always the same thing from some fans. But I genuinely think he sucks compared to MJ. I guess it's just because his music is not my type. MJ's music has more global appeal.

I think people compare Prince and MJ because they were born in the same summer in the same region(mid-west.)

no, im an open minded mj fan, and since i also like price, i must say that they are compared because , even if prince music may not sooth you or do u good, prince is also a perfectionist, and is also considered to be a musical genius.

i don't think we know if MJ thinks about Prince or not.

that's just fans doing the comparing, with a lot of threads. and really, if MJ doesn't have to do anything for his name to be brought up, that says a lot for MJ.

people compared them cuz they themselves, caused it. remember mj wanting prince to sing onbad w/ him but then prince said he didn't like the opening line? lol they made it a competition and honestly,i think it's cute

i remember when mj and chris (tucker) went to see him play at the rio before his residency ended. it was when all star weekend was in vegas....the feud looked like it was purely for media purposes and at the end of the day, both respected each other's abilities and accomplishments

hmmm...did I sound like I hate prince? and did I bash prince? I've already been very careful that I didnt say anything that offend some prince fans on here. I think I better not say much and just simply agree with you or else it's always the same thing from some fans. But I genuinely think he sucks compared to MJ. I guess it's just because his music is not my type. MJ's music has more global appeal.

Noo, I wasn't talking about you, lol, I was talking about MJ fans I've seen in the past who call Prince "crap" or something just because he's being compared to Michael :yes:. You don't like his music, which is fine, that's your opinion. I'm talking about MJ fans who just hate Prince BECAUSE he's being compared to Michael.

Prince and Michael Jackson are the best of different worlds.. You can NOT compare them..

I actually don`t mind the comparison between these two artists, because in my opinion they are more alike then different. They are both very creative, energetic and entertaining.

Prince even had a little battle with Madonna in the early 90's on who could be the most naughty one. Prince had some videos and songs that were very very naughty indeed, lol

But look at it from this perspective. In the 80`s it was Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince and Bruce Springsteen. Today, these guys still have the biggest fan base.

They all sell out shows and sell alot of albums.

After all this time, all these new artists, these guys still are at the top.

Michael is still number one. Nobody comes close to him. I remember the media loved writing about this rivalry in the 90's. I remember one newspaper saying that the only one that was close to Michael was Madonna. Close as in popularity. Back then the media gave MJ credit for his talent, and they were graceful enough to remind people who was the most talented.

I guess the talent department was the main battle between MJ and Prince. I think Michael is more talented then Prince, but Prince is not far off. Purple Rain is still a masterpiece to this date, and anyone who has not seen the movie, should check it out.

Ok so I am a closet Prince fan also, but don`t worry, lol! I don`t own a single Prince record.

I`ve downloaded them all, muahahaha!!!

I never download MJ stuff that is released.

I don't see the point in comparing anyone to anyone. Every artist is great in their own right. That is the same with Prince and with Michael. They may have similar sounds and work ethics, but Prince is Prince and Michael Jackson is Michael Jackson.

Noo, I wasn't talking about you, lol, I was talking about MJ fans I've seen in the past who call Prince "crap" or something just because he's being compared to Michael :yes:. You don't like his music, which is fine, that's your opinion. I'm talking about MJ fans who just hate Prince BECAUSE he's being compared to Michael.

And what about some Prince fans who just hate MJ for every god almighty thing!?!?:doh:....it works both ways, lets be real here....

This whole MJ fans versus Prince fans is just plain ridiculous and just serves to make the person doing the attacking pleased with themselves!:smilerolleyes:

And I'm sure this thread belongs elsewhere....

well..lol..there are new MJ fans coming into this site, just about every day, and they're gunna make it so that a lot of subjects will be constantly revisited. it's the nature of the thing, i guess...lol

You are right. :)

No you're wrong :lol: (no offense)

Did you miss the part where Prince sold out 21 dates in the UNITED KINGDOM!? lol

well..lol..there are new MJ fans coming into this site, just about every day, and they're gunna make it so that a lot of subjects will be constantly revisited. it's the nature of the thing, i guess...lol

And that's one of the first things that concerns them? Us older fans should let them know it ain't no thang. :lol:

why am i not surprised? :rolleyes:

I think they are both geniuses. and both sides should just respect that, IMO. I use to just like him for his controversial ways...and his image. but i have his new album now and some of his music is fantastic. the vocoals...gah! wonderful!

but well..they arnt as breathtaking as mikes and Prince cant dance worth crap lol.

Well...all i know about prince is a scarry looking guy who sing with a girl voice. i thought he is a drag queen or something like that...lol
and what's his name exactly?prince?or that strange looking symbols?

There is no point comparing them, MJ is hugeeeee all over the world while prince?not really.try Asia...my home town Indonesia...will be reallly difficult to explain who's prince

Back