Someone Put Your Hand Out..(Underrated MJ track)

dabuzz4o8

Proud Member
been listening to this song for a while now and IMO it is MJ's most interesting songs. I remember when i 1st heard it i didn't know it was him singing it until i heard the last line of the bridge. I was surprised MJ had it in him to make a sothing R&B track like that. What are yall thoughts on this MJ track?

I really like this song. It's beautifully sung, has a lovely melody and the lyrics are melancholic and poignant. It seems rather autobiographical as well.

I do love it. Many MJ tracks are underrated. Basically, everything except two albums OTW and Thriller. I am surprised than One Day In Your Life isn't such a famous song. Poor Michael reduced into one album thanks to the media.

God, that song One Day In Your Life always makes me cry -- to me it's almost spiritual! I don't know why I think that way -- so aesthetic !

i dont know why SPYHO was not on an album or released..it is definitely a classic and i love it, especially that bridge!!

My lord! I've heard the beginning instrumental in Mikey's concerts but I never heard the actual song! Incredible song! Wow!

he even managed to do jazz with this track.
(jazz? right?)

I love love love this track. One of my top 5, it always appears on my mp3 on shuffle when I am waiting for the bus at night,alone. I kinda feel for him in this track. Amazing.

How could you not feel for him in this song?

The emotion he puts in the lyrics is just excruciating.
"A heart that needs your love" :( Like he just gasps them out through gritted teeth at one point in the song. It just tears at me. So much emotion and pain.

I was thinking about this topic this morning at school and then I thought that I should listen this, once again. This is very beautiful! And yeah, underrated. But still great! :)

been listening to this song for a while now and IMO it is MJ's most interesting songs. I remember when i 1st heard it i didn't know it was him singing it until i heard the last line of the bridge. I was surprised MJ had it in him to make a sothing R&B track like that. What are yall thoughts on this MJ track?

Yes! This is absolute one of my favorites. I remember first hearing just the instrumental on the Dangerous tour, but I was blown away when I heard the whole song. I can't believe that didn't make it on the Dangerous CD. I have to say though that I am in no way surprised that MJ could make a soothing R&B track. MJ is a true R&B artist before anything else.

Yep, I love it too. Definitely underrated and truly written from the heart. It's only really the fans that know it though because it didn't make it to the Dangerous album... Which I guess is kind of nice in a way - like it's just for us :)

Also, I always have a stupid debate with myself (in my head, not out loud) about whether Streetwalker should have gone on the Bad album or not. I love it sooo much but can never decide on any song that it should have been there instead of because I love every single one of them! :D

Last edited:
I love Someone Put Your Hand Out, it's such a beautiful and heartbreaking song. I cried when I heard it, I just wanted to reach out to Michael! I love the lyrics 'I'll be your story hero, I'll serenade in rhyme' :wub:

I love this song! It is amazing and so beautiful; there are lots of people who don’t know anything about it.

I esspecially love the begining... him talking.... or w.e he was doing makes me melt everytime.

have this on my ipod too.

serenade me :'(

i love how he sang the part...
"When you say we will dance til the light of day
It's just like the children in earth's joy
We pray will you promise me you'll always stay
It's because I'm needing that someone"

I love, love LOVE this song.
It's beautiful and I was just listening to it about 10 minutes ago. I wish it was a more known song. It's amazing.

One of my favs. As far as MJ songs, This song, Stranger in Moscow, Smile, and Will You Be There got me through many lonely days while away at school.

Sometimes I just relax to this song too. That sax is beautiful.

its been on repeat on my ipod for the past 5 days!! its so amazing! esp when hes talkin in the beginning.. makes me melt!! aaah!! :heart:

Yep, I love it too. Definitely underrated and truly written from the heart. It's only really the fans that know it though because it didn't make it to the Dangerous album... Which I guess is kind of nice in a way - like it's just for us :)

Also, I always have a stupid debate with myself (in my head, not out loud) about whether Streetwalker should have gone on the Bad album or not. I love it sooo much but can never decide on any song that it should have been there instead of because I love every single one of them! :D

I would have replaced "Just Good Friends" with Streetwalker ...I like JGF, but Streetwalker is so much better!

Was this the track that Ludacris sampled for "One More Drink"? Some people say it's "Heaven Can Wait" from Invincible.

Back