Some interesting facts about Michael Jackson

^^ I think it is the longer version of the "Extended Version with the false fade out".
For that version they probably cut out some parts after the false fade out. And i think the fade out at the end is shortened.

Last edited:
It could be that they recorded the whole 20 minutes or so but only used a small part of it when actually putting the song together.

This is a bit off topic but did any here get to hear this 9 minute version of 'Bad'?
No, Brad Sundberg confirmed that the full version was around 9 minutes. Almost all tracks recorded for Bad were way longer than the versions that ended up on the album. They just recorded long so that they would have everything they might need later on. He said this was not really the case for Dangerous and HIStory, so although we know they of course had to cut those songs down to fit them on the album too, I guess we should not expect massively longer extended mixes for songs from those albums.

No, Brad Sundberg confirmed that the full version was around 9 minutes. Almost all tracks recorded for Bad were way longer than the versions that ended up on the album. They just recorded long so that they would have everything they might need later on. He said this was not really the case for Dangerous and HIStory, so although we know they of course had to cut those songs down to fit them on the album too, I guess we should not expect massively longer extended mixes for songs from those albums.

I meant the organ solo itself could have been around 20 minutes but only a small part of it was used in the 9 minute version. If they did record Jimmy Smiths playing for 20 minutes, it probably wasn't with the intention of using the whole bit but to see what part they would use when they started to form the 9 minute version of "Bad".

I meant the organ solo itself could have been around 20 minutes but only a small part of it was used in the 9 minute version. If they did record Jimmy Smiths playing for 20 minutes, it probably wasn't with the intention of using the whole bit but to see what part they would use when they started to form the 9 minute version of "Bad".
Ah sorry, I see what you mean now. I guess that's possible, although I find it hard to imagine he would have played a 20 minute solo. Perhaps they just let him jam out a couple of ideas over a loop until they got something they liked. Would be interesting to find out for sure!

Ah sorry, I see what you mean now. I guess that's possible, although I find it hard to imagine he would have played a 20 minute solo. Perhaps they just let him jam out a couple of ideas over a loop until they got something they liked. Would be interesting to find out for sure!

That would be nice. :)

Didn't the guitar player from Dirty Diana said on the Bad 25 Documentary that the backing track of Dirty Diana was 6 minutes long?

Didn't the guitar player from Dirty Diana said on the Bad 25 Documentary that the backing track of Dirty Diana was 6 minutes long?
He said it was about 8 minutes long in the Bad 25 docu.

Steve Stevens (great guitarist, btw) also talks about his experience recording Dirty Diana in this interview (from 9.30 onwards):

-He mentions how after the key parts of the song, there was about a 3 minute groove where he got to play what he wanted, and that he did 2 takes.
-The entire session took only 2.5 hours.
-Funny how he mentions that he spoke to Eddie van Halen shortly after the recording session, and Eddie asked him if Michael had told Steve that he likes the high notes, which indeed he did. Reminded me of the scene at the end of Black or White in This Is It with Orianthi. :)

Steve Stevens might've said either 6-8 minutes of "Dirty Diana" backing track.

Michael wore 2 different pants during the 2nd leg of the Bad Tour, the first pants with belt buckles and badges were use throughout the US shows until June 5th in Rotterdam and uses the 2nd pants with bolted straps throughout rest of the tour.

^^ You guys should check out Nick's remix for Dirty Diana that he made. He uses some unheared/ unused guitar riffs from the multitracks. They sound bloody awesome!

I got one just recently this morning.

In the the fall of 1988, in the middle of rehearsals in Liverpool of for the European finale of the Bad Tour, Michael told his band crew to take a break by cloud watching with him.

Another fact re. Liverpool 88' concert.

Michael requested the band to play instrumental versions of "The Beatles" songs like "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "Yellow Submarine" during the Bad Groove Interlude as Michael's tribute to the popular band during the 60's who resides in Liverpool.

Thought I'll share some facts I found in an old magazine that I noted down a while back, I freakin' love them haha.

Michael loves having long telephone conversations with special ladies.
A soft, sexy scent will make Michael turn his attention to you.
He loves singing romantic songs more than any other kind.
Michael loves the feeling of soft wool against his skin.
When Michael is in a playful mood, he will pick you up and spin you around and around and around!

and my favourite.......
Michael has long, soft eyelashes just perfect for a butterfly kiss.

I'm dying...
:cheeky::wub::blushing::love::shades::in_love::heat::give_heart::girl_love::girl_in_love:

The uptempo tracks recorded for the “Bad” album were originally around nine minutes in length and required some major trimming for the album. Once trimmed, the edits were sped up by 6% before being made public. As a result Michael’s voice sounded ever so slightly higher on the final album versions

^^ why does this make me mad? arghh i'm all for hearing the accurate tone of his voice. not a fan of 2000 watts for that reason...

the title of You are my Life wasn't changed at the last minute. Babyface submitted the song under the name "You Are My World", Michael loved it, but immediately changed the title to "You Are My Life". The title of the song wasn't changed at the last minute, but the song itself was just finished 6 weeks before the release and had replaced Shout at the last minute.

Last edited:
In reality, this song was originally called "You Are My World" (no one can deny that)
Now, what really happened (regarding the recording process and the title modification) during the 2 months' period prior to the album's release no one will ever find it.
Regarding "Shout", you are right because it was included in the track list that MJ presented to SONY executives at Hit Factory Studio (June 2001), but we cannot be sure if "Shout" was replaced by that particular song
thanks for your remarks

Back