Some interesting facts about Michael Jackson

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Country
Greece
The song “You are my life” from Invincible was originally called “You are my world”, this change was done literally at the last minute

“Carousel” was replaced from “Human Nature” in the final track list selection (Thriller Album)

“Stranger In Moscow” was shooted entirely in Los Angeles

Monkey Business was originally for the Dangerous album, but they rejected it because it didn’t fit with the album concept.

“Why” with 3T and “Superfly Sister”were intended to be in the HIStory album.(“Superfly Sister” recorded much earlier than 1997)

MJ hated playback album sessions for the company executives, the one and only time he attended such a session was for the HIStory album.

The uptempo tracks recorded for the “Bad” album were originally around nine minutes in length and required some major trimming for the album. Once trimmed, the edits were sped up by 6% before being made public. As a result Michael’s voice sounded ever so slightly higher on the final album versions

For the spoken intro to “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” they built a microphone into the head of a mannequin To record the intro MJ hopped into a bed with the mannequin and spoke into its head The intro speech for “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” liked only to MJ. Therefore all the next releases of the song (Bad Special Edition 2001, The Ultimate Collection 2004 …) did not include it.

Cancelled shows from Dangerous World Tour included, among others, Puerto Rico & New Delhi

Really strange the fact that MJ wrote “Muscles” for Diana Ross.

Both “In The Closet” and “2000 Watts” have to do with orgasm. During “In The Closet” you can hear MJ emulating orgasm, during “2000 Watts” notice the lyrics (“how low you go Just enough to make your juices flow”)

There are three versions of “Streetwalker”. One was the version we know, from the 2001 “Bad” Special Edition and subsequent 2012 “Bad 25″ release. The other two were different, featuring an eerie ‘Wild West’ style intro and different ad libs.

The original cover of Invincible was a jacket made of diamonds and the words “King of Pop” written on the top

The Mystery woman you hear in the song “In the Closet” is Princess Stephanie of Monaco

During “Scream” in Sweden in 1997, the playback failed to play.

In Belgium (1997) MJ sang entirely live the “Dangerous” song due again to playback failure.

The HIStory statue arrived in each city that MJ had to perform before two days from the concert day

For the 2nd leg of HIStory Tour MJ asked for a special self-air conditioned jacket while performing

For the Invincible album MJ and R. Jerkins where in the Studio sometimes for 40 hours straight

During “Smooth Criminal” lean in Japan (1996) MJ falls.

MJ decided not to include the song 'Beat it' during the second part of his Dangerous Tour. That’s why he performed the song 'Black or White' from the cherry picker (instead of Beat it)

There is an unreleased song from Invincible Sessions called '”The Colour of my soul”

It took 6 months for Mark Ryden to complete the Dangerous album cover (which was inspired by the video clip “Leave me alone”)

There is a major recording error in the song “Give In To Me’ at 0:45 - 0:46 in ALL the available releases of that song.

Unreleased songs during Dangerous sessions: “If You Don’t Love Me”, “Serious Effect (with LL Cool J)”, “She Got It”

In Holland, Canada, Germany & France there are some editions of HIStory album with a quote from MJ saying that “I love my fans and I really looking forward to come and see you in […country]

One of the reason why Invincible took so long to complete was that MJ often got cold from his kids and was away from the recording process

There were 7 look-alike stages for the HIStory concerts in order everything to be ready

While MJ stayed in Monte Carlo (1996) for the World Music Awards, many celebrities (among them Celine Dion) who stayed in the same hotel with MJ complained to the hotel's manager that they couldn't sleep because of the MJ fans who had been screaming all night long

There were over of 90 different versions (mixes) of “Billie Jean” song . The final version for the Thriller was the No. 2

Unreleased song during Invincible sessions: “Do You Want Me” (with Sisqo)

Michael collapsed in studio in Neverland during dancing (June 1990)

It was revealed straight by MJ when he was in Gstaad in 1992, that during Bad Tour MJ was near to damage permanently his phonetic strings due to the fact that those days all of his songs where performed fully live

There is an unreleased video for “Just Good Friends”

At the ending of “Who Is It” is not MJ but a person who looks like him

The HIStory CD was initially a 3-disc set, but MJ in order to keep the price down edited & re-edited night and day in order to become a 2-disc set with a lower price for his fans

Is It Scary was about to be included in the HIStory Album but MJ thought that it didn’t fit with the mood of the album

According to MJ, the India History Concert (November 1996) was one of his best concerts ever

During the HIStory concerts MJ traveled with his own CD-Movies library

The HIStory Statue was inspired by a statue placed in Volgorant, Russia

“Money” from HIStory Album was inspired from 1993 allegations.

The reason why MJ puts tape on his fingers is to show that sympathizes with the kids who are being tortured in all around the world

Listen MJ clearing his voice on “Earth Song” just after the lyrics ?What about babies?

When MJ released the HIStory Album he asked from the authorities to change the trademark on the mountains of Los Angeles from HOLLYWOOD to HIStory, but they refused saying that such a thing would cause the death of workers, something that happened there in the past

Cancelled shows for HIStory Tour 1996 (1st Leg): Casamblanka and Cairo

In a studio placed in France (during 1999-2000), MJ had thousands of images in a computer in order to decide which one to take for the Invincible cover

Back in early 1990’s MJ was sued by a man who invented the recording technique called “olofonics” and claimed that MJ used it with the wrong way while recording the albums “Bad” & “Dangerous”

In Cape Town during HIStory Concert 1997, his parents where in the stadium watching him

In the astronaut scene on Man in the Mirror (Dangerous Tour) is not the real MJ who flies away but a stuntman.

When MJ knows that in the concert are some of his closest friends he gets a little shy while performing avoiding touching his crotch area (as he did in Oslo, 1992, when in the Dangerous concert was Liz Tayror)

When his favourite snake python died, he made a whole funeral ceremony for its death inside Neverland with many guests

MJ and Shaquille O’ Neal never met each other for the song “2 Bad”.

“Blood on the dance floor” is (among others) dedicated to Elton John because MJ felt very badly when he stayed in his house but forgot to thank him

In early 1990’s MJ visited Benny Hill in hospital and said that “Benny is probably the only one person that makes me still to laugh”

For the shooting of “They don’t care about us” video 1.500 policemen were asked to keep away the people from MJ

When the first pressing of the single “Scream” was released, a convoy of police cars followed the car with the single inside from the studio to place where it was supposed to be

During MJ’s stay in Mexiko for the Dangerous Tour there was vomit all over his presidential suite (due to his critical health and state of mind).

“We’ve had Enough”, “Fall Again”, “Beautiful Girl”, “The Way You Love Me” were left out from the Invincible final track list (you can hear them in “The Ultimate Collection 2004”)

Behind rap lyrics in “Black Or White” is Bill Botrell, the person who produced “Give In To Me’

The original cover image for Invincible was MJ’s face painted gold. Sony rejected it.

“You Rock My World” was the only song from Rodney Jerkins that MJ kept. All the rest that Jerkins gave him was in a style similar to the “Off The Wall” album. MJ wanted a futuristic melody and style for his songs in Invincible to gain new fans from the new millennium.

There is a non-revealed woman doing background vocals in the rap part of “This Time Around”.

40 tracks were recorded for “HIStory” album before 15 of them made the final track list.

Streetwalker was about to be included in the BAD album instead of Another Part Of Me (there was a strong disagreement over which one to choose)

One reason why HIStory Tour in Munich has never been released is that during Smooth Criminal lean one of the dancers reveals the secret

The final track list legth of HIStory album (new songs) was 7 minute longer than the capacity of a CD.

The original title for the unreleased Monkey Business is Too Much Monkey Business

Janet Jackson recorded her part of the Scream song in her studio in Minneapolis

MJ actually wanted a mixed version of the video clip They Don’t Care About Us that would included both shots from prison and brasilian neighbours.

Give In To Me was initially recorded as a dance song, later it was transformed into a rock one.

MJ and Prince met each other briefly and in private during a HIStory session.

MJ wears contact lenses on the BAD cover (in order to make his eyes look glossier)

There is a major recording error on the Bad song at 00:06 (Special Edition 2001)

MJ perfomed the Dangerous song during the second part of Dangerous Tour (1993) with the aim of looking more masculine in order to contradict the allegations (thus the sexy female silouette during the song)

The sounsd of cars and horns in the song She Drives Me Wild are not real, they are from a sample CD that Teddy Riley had brought with him.

There is a printing error on the Invincible booklet (missing second lines of the song Whatever happens)

Dangerous Special Edition (2001) has not any bonus material because -like the original- the songs cover the full capacity of a CD (howerer MJ and Matt Forger had unreleased tracks in their hands -Serious Effect, for example- in case there would be a second disc)

For the photoshoot of the Triller cover, MJ arrived to the studio without having a clue until then what to wear. He grabbed on the spur of the moment an abandoned white suite from a chair. That suite was about to be the most famous suite of all times.

During 30th Anniversary Celebration in Madison Square Garden (2001) Sony didn’t allow MJ to perform new songs from Invincible and no spot that would promote Invincible aired on TV during the show. MJ answered to that by not performing on the Cry video.

Cancelled HIStory concerts included shows in Slovenia and Barcelona,

During Jam in Russia (Dangerous Tour 1993) MJ could not dance and just walked carefully due to water that remained ot the stage from heavy rain

Rodney Jerkins played exclusively (as a dj) in a party in Harlem few days before its official release the song You Rock My World

MJ during Dangerous sessions had all the studios he recorded in hired and locked at the same time even though for time periods when they were not used in order to avoid tracks leakage.

In the royal concert in Brunei (1996) MJ sings the wrong lyrics in the second verse during Beat It.

Starlight was the original title for Thriller song

Little Susie has its roots back in 1978 when MJ recorded the song Susie

All the revenues from the concert in India (1996) were given to charity events

Another unreleased duet with LL Cool J (apart from Serious Effect) is The Truth On Youth

You Are a Liar is another unreleased song during Invincible sessions

Just before the start of Liberian Girl you can hear the Speed Demon ending because they thought back then that they fit perfectly together

The hardest songs in the HIStory album were Little Susie & They Don’t Care About Us (the vocals were recorded and re-recorded numerous times).

Minutes before his show in Vienna (1997) MJ had terrible pains in his stomach and the show was very close to cancellation.

During the show in Valladolid (1997) 3T attended the concert

The famous Billie Jean intro dance moves were inspired by MJ in his kitchen the night right before the Motown 25 performance (March 1983)

Prince rejected MJ’s offer to appear on the BAD video

MJ never really liked the song To Satisfy You that Bryan Loren produced for the Dangerous album so MJ gave it back to him to put it in his album called Music from The New World

Elton John inspired the title Blood On the dance floor

Teddy Riley was called to participate during the last sessions of Invincible project

Got The Hots, a song that was about to be included in the Thriller album, appears in the Thriller Special Edition (2001) but only on the Japanese version

Hot Fever was the original title for The Way You Make Me Feel

Face & Fear are unreleased songs from HIStory album

Much Too Soon was the original title for Gone Too Soon

In The Back was intended to be in the Blood On The Dance Floor album

Last edited:
WOW. Simply WOW. Very Interesting. I probably only knew 35% of that stuff.

Can i continue?

* The song BAD was incomplete during the shoot of the short film. Because of this, the song in the film had an different mix, it featured extra saxes/trumpets during the choruses/pre-chrorus. And there was an different organ solo in the dance break which wasn't included in the released version.

* Michael recorded demos in his studio during 1980-1982, but was sometimes too shy to present them to the producers. He thought they would criticize his demos, and wouldn't respect his creations. To his suprise, the producers were sometimes awed by his demos, one song of these demos was Beat It.

* They Don't Care About Us was already developed in 1989-1990.

* Michael Jackson and Rodney Jerkins worked on 30-40 finished songs until 2000, but those were "thrown" in the vault, and then they started working on completely new songs.

* Chris Tucker and Marlon Brando were originally supposed to be in the 18-minute Unbreakable short film, but they later were featured in the You Rock My World short film.

* The song was originally supposed to be titled "Rock My World". Rewatch "Private Home Videos", Michael still calls the song "Rock My World".

* It took over 800 multitracks to create the album "Bad".

* Bad was originally supposed to be already released in 1985-1986. However, the release was delayed several times, because the album was not "ready". Allegedly Epic Executives were so angry, that they set an deadline for the album's finalization in 1987. Although the album was then already released, Michael continued spending time to further perfection the record.

* Michael removed the whispered intro on IJCSLY HIMSELF, because he later thought it was too embarrassing.

* The Girl Is Mine, Say Say Say & The Man, were already recorded in 1981.

* Michael tried to hide his skin disease from Karen Faye.

* The first test pressing of "Thriller" was so badly mixed, Michael had to cry. Quincy Jones called it an "desaster".

Odd-Music-Details:

* Weird Breathing Sound from Michael on Leave Me Alone can be heard on the right speaker at 0:10-0:15.

Michael clearing his throat:

* TWYMMF - 0:16-0:17
* APOM - 1:09-1:10

Last edited:
mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
Some interesting facts about Michael Jackson

According to MJ, the India History Concert (November 1996) was one of his best concerts ever

The reason why MJ puts tape on his fingers is to show that sympathizes with the kids who are being tortured in all around the world

When MJ knows that in the concert are some of his closest friends he gets a little shy while performing avoiding touching his crotch area (as he did in Oslo, 1992, when in the Dangerous concert was Liz Tayror)

“Blood on the dance floor” is (among others) dedicated to Elton John because MJ felt very badly when he stayed in his house but forgot to thank him

Is that one (India) concert ever released on dvd? is it on you tube? or something ??
Me really like to see :)

I always wondered about the tape ..and really this would have been the last thing in my mind.

So happy "they" were not there every concert :D

Would love to know why he went to Elton John's home.

Thank you mj_frenzi for your great post ...some things really surprised me ...I learned a lot today :

Wow! This is great! Thanks for sharing :)

A few questions and comments:

* What's the error in "Give In To Me"? I can barely hear it. Is it just a blip?
* Any more info on the Sisqo collaboration? I'm kind of glad that didn't happen!
* Any more info on the "Just Good Friends" video? I kind of can't believe that happened. Maybe it was studio footage? Or footage from MJ and Stevie's performance in Brisbane?
* A 3 CD HIStory set would have been cool - but ultimately a bad idea in terms of sales!
* Any source for MJ saying HIStory concert Mumbai was one of his best ever?
* I thought that MJ put tape on his fingers to draw attention to his movements (similar reason to white socks and glove).
* Source for the HIStory Hollywood sign?
* As much as I love Invincible, it's sort of a shame MJ didn't go with Rodney's more 'Off The Wall' like songs. I can see where MJ was coming from - and can imagine him being excited about the new millelium, but it didn't work quite as well as I would have hoped (Pharell's submission would have worked better too!).

* I thought that MJ put tape on his fingers to draw attention to his movements (similar reason to white socks and glove).

You're right! The tape on his fingers was just to draw your attention to his movements. It was the armband that was for the children :)

Dear JEMFTV,

You are right. MJ never stopped to re-dit the BAD album since its official release in 1987, although he was touring at that time. That is the reason for the many different available releases of that disc.
As for the 800 multitracks you mentioned, they are actually only pieces of grooves, clicks with a few sounds, maybe some MJ vocalizing and that's all.
MJ wanted "Unbreakable" to be the first single. Also, the selection for "Butterflies" as a radio single was against him, because he considered it very similar to his songs in previous albums.
In my opinion, MJ was not ready at that time to release a new studio album ("You are my life" was recorded 3 weeks before the release of "Invincible", let alone to tour.

Also, the selection for "Butterflies" as a radio single was against him, because he considered it very similar to his songs in previous albums.

Thanks, didn't know that. (But i was aware of the Invincible single-debacle.)

Last edited:
I dont believe the part about a video of Just Good Friends. I think they meant the studio footage of Michael and Stevie recording the song.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
In Holland, Canada, Germany & France there are some editions of HIStory album with a quote from MJ saying that “I love my fans and I really looking forward to come and see you in […country]

I hate to say this, but in correction, but I have the HIStory album and they don't have Michael's quote on that album in Canada and besides he never toured in Canada since Victory Tour.

I have an interesting fact I came up with.

During the Kuala Lumpur concert for the HIStory, Michael made an error during the performance of "They Don't Care About Us" by showing the Canada flag instead of the Malaysia flag.

[/QUOTE]During MJ’s stay in Mexiko for the Dangerous Tour there was vomit all over his presidential suite (due to his critical health and state of mind).[/QUOTE]

My goodness, my poor baby... what happend??

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
At the ending of “Who Is It” is not MJ but a person who looks like him

The look alike in "Who Is It" is actually E'Casanova.

More facts:

In a meeting re. Bad video, Michael and Quincy Jones asked Prince to be on a duet with Michael in the video with as Quincy's idea of Michael and Prince kicking each other's butts which of course Prince declines and speculates the video will be a hit without him involved.

In late 1987, in lieu of cancelled shows in parts of Australia and New Zealand, Michael went to visit Hong Kong and the country side of China.

Thank you, great research. Some of the facts are really new to me.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
During MJ’s stay in Mexiko for the Dangerous Tour there was vomit all over his presidential suite (due to his critical health and state of mind).

Plus, this picture was taken at the concert he performed after hearing he'd been accused, you can see that his makeup is smudged from tears. I don't know how he performed after learning that, it was a truly selfless act.

15051324752_7b441cc206_o.jpg

Plus, this picture was taken at the concert he performed after hearing he'd been accused, you can see that his makeup is smudged from tears. I don't know how he performed after learning that, it was a truly selfless act.

I didn't notice it until now, he looks like he's trying his best notice to let the allegations bother him any further and he looked like he's crying inside.

Speaking of what happened in Mexico.

While touring in Mexico, Michael was supposed to visit Keiko (known as Willy in a Warner Bros film "Free Willy)who was ill, but unable to due to oral surgery, however Michael donated $50,000 for transportation and rehabilitation for Keiko.

Most of this is true and known, some of it is wrong and some is questionable. Here are most obvious red flags:

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
The original cover of Invincible was a jacket made of diamonds and the words “King of Pop” written on the top
The original cover image for Invincible was MJ’s face painted gold. Sony rejected it.

So which one is that? The second story is obviously likely given the reference to the classical work of art.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
Michael collapsed in studio in Neverland during dancing (June 1990)

No, he collapsed at his condo in Century City. It's mentioned either in La Toya or Jermaine's book.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
There is an unreleased video for “Just Good Friends”

Unlikely. There is a video from the recording session though.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
The HIStory CD was initially a 3-disc set, but MJ in order to keep the price down edited & re-edited night and day in order to become a 2-disc set with a lower price for his fans

Never heard this version. I read it was planned as a set of a greatest hits disk and a disk of new songs from very early on. It is known that new songs didn't fit on the CD, so MJ had to spend the night before mastering to trim them down.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
The HIStory Statue was inspired by a statue placed in Volgorant, Russia

Wrong. There is no statue to him in Volgograd (this is how you spell it properly). There is one in Ekaterinburg, and it looks completely different: http://www.etovidel.net/appended_files/big/4ff827710fdeb.jpg

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:

What?.. Someone from the Smooth Criminal set (I think it was Vince Patterson) said MJ told him it was to accentuate his fingers, which makes total sense.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
When MJ released the HIStory Album he asked from the authorities to change the trademark on the mountains of Los Angeles from HOLLYWOOD to HIStory, but they refused saying that such a thing would cause the death of workers, something that happened there in the past

That just sounds like a made up story. I can totally imagine that he would make such a request, but it's very unlikely that this was the actual reason for denial.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:

This is a tale from Taraborrelli's book. It was never confirmed by anyone. Furthermore, Frank Cascio claimed that he and his brother spent the night in Michael's room after he had been taken to the rehab - there was nothing wrong with the room.

mj_frenzy;4038836 said:
40 tracks were recorded for “HIStory” album before 15 of them made the final track list.

A lot of tracks were worked on, but vocal-wise not many more were recoded, as confirmed by engineers who worked on the album on gerarslutz board in 2009.

This photo is from October 12, 1993, Buenos Aires, according to Corbis. He learned that he was accused, I believe, in August of that year.

This is a very interesting thread. I like it. :) Here's one I just found out:

- According to a 1990 Chicago Sun Times article with Jimmy Smith, his organ solo featured in the song "Bad" was around 20 minutes when originally played. However, this solo was cut down to the length heard in the final song and, apparently, also processed through a number of synthesizers.

This is a very interesting thread. I like it. :) Here's one I just found out:

- According to a 1990 Chicago Sun Times article with Jimmy Smith, his organ solo featured in the song "Bad" was around 20 minutes when originally played. However, this solo was cut down to the length heard in the final song and, apparently, also processed through a number of synthesizers.
It's not true, though. The total song was around 9 minutes in its original state (as were most of the other songs on Bad).

* Any more info on the "Just Good Friends" video? I kind of can't believe that happened. Maybe it was studio footage? Or footage from MJ and Stevie's performance in Brisbane?
They never performed Just Good Friends. That's just a fan rumour that probably started because for a long time all we had from that concert were pictures showing MJ and Stevie on stage together. It was put to rest for good when an audio recording of the show leaked a few years ago: Stevie only joins MJ at the end of Bad and just sings a few ad-libs.

It's not true, though. The total song was around 9 minutes in its original state (as were most of the other songs on Bad).
Yeah, i was wondering what the hell he would've played for 20 minutes. I once played an improvisationally Synthesizer solo but lost it after 40 seconds. ^^

Yeah, i was wondering what the hell he would've played for 20 minutes. I once played an improvisationally Synthesizer solo but lost it after 40 seconds. ^^
:lol:

The real hero on Bad imo is David Williams. They double-tracked the rhythm guitar riff on Bad. So what you hear on the record are actually two guitar tracks. And since the approach for Bad was to play everything rather than just record a bit and loop it for the rest of the song (to preserve that organic feeling), David Williams not only had to play that guitar riff for 9 minutes straight once, but do it a second time, while trying to match the timing of the first take exactly. That takes insane skill. His timing was simply amazing.

(Story comes from Brad Sundberg btw)

It could be that they recorded the whole 20 minutes or so but only used a small part of it when actually putting the song together.

This is a bit off topic but did any here get to hear this 9 minute version of 'Bad'?

:lol:

The real hero on Bad imo is David Williams. They double-tracked the rhythm guitar riff on Bad. So what you hear on the record are actually two guitar tracks. And since the approach for Bad was to play everything rather than just record a bit and loop it for the rest of the song (to preserve that organic feeling), David Williams not only had to play that guitar riff for 9 minutes straight once, but do it a second time, while trying to match the timing of the first take exactly. That takes insane skill. His timing was simply amazing.

(Story comes from Brad Sundberg btw)

That is pretty talented on David Williams' part. :)

Last edited:
Back