So Michael was gonna perform 'Best of joy' for us? :(

So the articles about how Michael was gonna perform new material too wasn't nonsense...he was gonna share this for the first time with his fans.....aw damn...

6. "Best of Joy"
One of the last songs that Jackson worked on before passing away, "Best of Joy"'s message of commitment takes on a new resonance in the wake of the singer's death: "I am forever," Jackson coos, adding, "We'll never part/Our love is from the heart." Feemster says that the track was completely finished before Jackson's death, and that it was meant to be unveiled during his "This Is It" tour. "You can't help but smile when you hear it," the producer says of the song.

http://www.billboard.com/song/micha...son-s-michael-track-by-track-1004133939.story

The biggest injustice done to this man were the horrible allegations, but the other injustice is no doubt that he was working his ass off to perform for his fans again, only to never even get the chance to share all this with his fans....just no words for how unfair that is, to say the least. He really didn't had the most of luck in his life, that's for sure...sigh :(

strangely on this one, shortly before his death, he sounds like always during the last 30 years, yet only in the cascio tracks his voice is different... hmm..

Oh dear god! Imagine Michael standing on the stage and saying "Now I'm gonna give you...", then he pause for a moment to laugh and says "My new song....I hope you like it!"

I don't think so... maybe they just want to release it then they said this to us...

I never thought this song was so recent...i hadn't really thought much about it but if i had to guess i'd thought it would be much much older.

I love the song. It's my favourite on the album and also one of my favourite songs of Michael at all.

strangely on this one, shortly before his death, he sounds like always during the last 30 years, yet only in the cascio tracks his voice is different... hmm..

This is a very good point, have to say i hadn't even realized that yet, but its definitely a good point. I find the song very Bee-Gees'ish, and thats why i thought it would be a much older song, maybe even a cover. Very surprised its so recent.

This is a very good point, have to say i hadn't even realized that yet, but its definitely a good point. I find the song very Bee-Gees'ish, and thats why i thought it would be a much older song, maybe even a cover. Very surprised its so recent.

just for your information, the vocals on wanna be starting 2008 were recorded at the cascio home studio. yet they sound completely different from the 3 cascio songs on michael. sorry but it's so obvious that something seriously stinks here.

is the source reliable? i mean we never heared anybody from the this is it crew about it. not a dancer not frank :S not travis payne????

Please don't go off topic...

I would've collapsed at the concert no doubt had he performed that. I'm in love with Best of Joy :heart: :weeping:

Feemster says that the track was completely finished
i thought the opposite. sounded quite rough like a demo. that there was xtra bits missing. still this song is one of a couple on the album that has me crying. the lyrics hit u so hard

i thought the opposite. sounded quite rough like a demo. that there was xtra bits missing. still this song is one of a couple on the album that has me crying. the lyrics hit u so hard

I get you about the lyrics, but in a way he is telling the truth. He definitely is forever, even if he's not around here anymore. His music will always live on, all his work will live on.:yes:

Best of Joy has become one of my absolute favourite MJ songs of all time....It's so special to me ....Gawd, I miss him :cry:

If he had performed this at the concert, my god I would have just burst into tears right there and there. I would have done already but gees, its so painful thinking about what could have been.

Yeah, i also read an article the other day saying he was gonna perform this on the very last show on London. The article also said there are another three or four songs he finished/semi-finished during "TII" that were supposed to be on a new album he wanted to do.

I'm not sure if all of this is true but still, we'll never know!

...unless Sony has footage of Mike singing "Best Of Joy" during rehearsals.

im just not buying it because the setlist was none for this is it and there was no best of joy.. would be lovely if he sang it though. but i dont buy it..

He would have performed it after the new year - 2nd leg of the concerts - if he would have.

Maybe at the very last concert he would do it to do something special.

I have wondered what new songs would he perform, cause Kenny said they were ready and that it would be a surprise for the fans.
I can"t stop thinking....what if only.....:( :(

So the articles about how Michael was gonna perform new material too wasn't nonsense...he was gonna share this for the first time with his fans.....aw damn...

6. "Best of Joy"
One of the last songs that Jackson worked on before passing away, "Best of Joy"'s message of commitment takes on a new resonance in the wake of the singer's death: "I am forever," Jackson coos, adding, "We'll never part/Our love is from the heart." Feemster says that the track was completely finished before Jackson's death, and that it was meant to be unveiled during his "This Is It" tour. "You can't help but smile when you hear it," the producer says of the song.

Wow, so my feeling didn't lie, it was really finished! Thanks for this
I always felt that either it was finished by Michael, or Neff-U must be really talanted to do it exactly like Michael would. It's production is far away from any of the songs on the album :)

Could someone please post up that pic of Kenny Ortega writting the This is it setlist?? you can see other songs that were not on the movie.. many of them anyway

just for your information, the vocals on wanna be starting 2008 were recorded at the cascio home studio. yet they sound completely different from the 3 cascio songs on michael. sorry but it's so obvious that something seriously stinks here.

thank u for the info , now i can say i believe the Cascios 100%...i knew that the person singing in the Cascios songs is MJ,,,and now i see that the quality is very much the same to Thriller 25...

it is strange that we see things differently , u call it stink ,,i call it clean !

I think that's a nice story, but not sure if I buy it. I'd love to know for real when Best of Joy was recorded, but in the end they could tell us anything that sounds touching. It would be so sweet to imagine this is what Michael had been working on last, with these lyrics and everything, of course. I wonder what the truth is.

Oh dear god! Imagine Michael standing on the stage and saying "Now I'm gonna give you...", then he pause for a moment to laugh and says "My new song....I hope you like it!"

OK.... this totally broke my heart.
Totally.
I haven't heard the whole song yet, but I know he was working on this during 2009, some other fans were around him by the time and had the priviledge to hear some bits of the song from a distance.

Yes... he was working so hard.

Please.... this is so difficult :cry:

Back