Smooth criminal The Lean

mano

Proud Member
Was the lean present on the tour? And maybe rehearsed??

I would have thought so, Plus at the Exhibition in London they had the shoes that were going to be used for TII. :)

^^^^^ you have no idea how much you have cheered me up and made me smile. Thank you Lorraine.
:ursofunny::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Yeah, Michael knew what a crucial part the Lean is in SC, he would never leave it out :D

I think the Lean was rehearsed after all it's MJ like glued to the stage or something like that , so it doesnt need that much effort except for balance , but in the movie at the part where he's supposed to lean they bring that short clip of the viginette where the alarm rings and the police are running after him , dunno why

I think the Lean was rehearsed after all it's MJ like glued to the stage or something like that , so it doesnt need that much effort except for balance , but in the movie at the part where he's supposed to lean they bring that short clip of the viginette where the alarm rings and the police are running after him , dunno why

Haha have you ever tried to do it? even if you had exceptional balance you would still have to rehearse it. The "not falling on your face during a concert" thing happens to leap to my mind.

I am sure they rehearsed it but in the movie the part was cut out. The part of the song was cut out.

Haha have you ever tried to do it? even if you had exceptional balance you would still have to rehearse it. The "not falling on your face during a concert" thing happens to leap to my mind.

Hahaha NO cause i dont have those shoes and the floor LOL , of course it has to be rehearsed, he nearly fell once during the HIStory your in Korea i think , but Mike did the move many times so i dont think it would have been much of a huge problem for him .:)

^^ Iam sure it would have been doing a couple of times in the dress rehearsals in London before the shows , i dont think they want anyone slipping LOL

Absolutely. I was waiting watching TII for them to practice that and they cut that part into the ending of the song. You can tell something was cut or it felt that way.

I am sure they rehearsed it but in the movie the part was cut out. The part of the song was cut out.

The video of him rehearsing is cut out, but the part in the song where he does the lean wasn't, instead of showing Michael rehearsing simpler moves or even the lean itself, they showed his stunt double jumping from roof to roof during that part.

The video of him rehearsing is cut out, but the part in the song where he does the lean wasn't, instead of showing Michael rehearsing simpler moves or even the lean itself, they showed his stunt double jumping from roof to roof during that part.

That's right. Is it bad to say that I wanted to see footage of Michael doing simpler moves and the lean instead of his stunt double doing that? I love the lean part in Smooth Criminal. I loved it all that they showed us.

That's right. Is it bad to say that I wanted to see footage of Michael doing simpler moves and the lean instead of his stunt double doing that? I love the lean part in Smooth Criminal. I loved it all that they showed us.

It's not bad, I would've preferred seeing Michael doing anything than what they finally showed us.

It's not bad, I would've preferred seeing Michael doing anything than what they finally showed us.

I know people say we should be grateful for what we saw and I am but there were a few times when I wanted to see Michael they went to something else.

If the Lean was rehearsed, then I don't see why Sony/Kenny would cut it from the film. I don't think it was rehearsed yet on stage. Maybe backstage, it was practised a few times :)

If the Lean was rehearsed, then I don't see why Sony/Kenny would cut it from the film. I don't think it was rehearsed yet on stage. Maybe backstage, it was practised a few times :)

If they rehearsed it backstage, they would've used it I think.
They could've editted that in there.
there where more backstage shots used in the performances like in "drill" or J5 medley.
Kenny knowing how important the lean is for a smooth criminal performance, wouldn't have left it out.

Just my thought.

2 things:

- if he did it right they would edit it on the movie
- if they have dress rehearsels that means that they rehearsed everything right, so why not the lean?

The lean wasn't rehearsed...

vlcsnap-2010-03-14-21h20m29s222.png

NO special shoes :D

2 things:

- if he did it right they would edit it on the movie
- if they have dress rehearsels that means that they rehearsed everything right, so why not the lean?

The lean requires special pegs to come out of the floor of the stage and fit into special shoes with extra supports, so they probably didn't have the pegs in the stage floor at the Staples Center. Maybe it was too much trouble to modify the stage before they got to London.

I don't think they would put the lean in the movie because it gives away the illusion. Most people don't know how MJ did that move and it should be left that way.

I don't think they would put the lean in the movie because it gives away the illusion. Most people don't know how MJ did that move and it should be left that way.

:ninja: Sorry, I just gave away the illusion...........

Hahaha NO cause i dont have those shoes and the floor LOL , of course it has to be rehearsed, he nearly fell once during the HIStory your in Korea i think , but Mike did the move many times so i dont think it would have been much of a huge problem for him .:)

It's not just the floor and the special shoes. You must have very strong muscles on your legs to be able to hold in that position and not fall on your face.

:ninja: Sorry, I just gave away the illusion...........

LOL

at my work these heavy pallets have these holes in them that are just the right size for a person's feet. I was bored so I got the idea and stuck my feet in there to try and do the lean. My feet were completely held down to the ground by the pallets so it was the equivalent of if you were to try and do it using the shoes and stage hooks MJ uses.

It's very difficult to do. It would take practice. You have to balance yourself just right and it takes strong calves and ankles. I wasn't actually able to do it, because I only tried a couple times but I got a feel for it. If I could keep practicing I'd probably be able to do it after a while.

Back