Slave to the Rhythm appreciation thread

Re: Slave To The Rythym, needs to be released SOON!

just heared the full version! oh my god the bridge and 2nd verse are super hot! they must release it

Do you guys think Sony would even know about this song? Is it possible they don't even have it in their possesion? I mean its crazy why they didn't put it on the album, but perhaps they didn't even know about it?

edit: just a thought, anyone have teddy rileys twitter, maybe someone can ask him about the song?

Send the song to SONY - make them release it.

Do you guys think Sony would even know about this song? Is it possible they don't even have it in their possesion? I mean its crazy why they didn't put it on the album, but perhaps they didn't even know about it?

edit: just a thought, anyone have teddy rileys twitter, maybe someone can ask him about the song?

Yes, they do. They removed my Youtube upload pretty fast.

"Sony Music Entertainment".

I am going to move this thread to the Let's Talk About MJ Forum.

Can't we have a thread about this in the Immortal Experience thread? We need as many people to know about this song as possible.

I talked to Dj Stolen...

looks bad,the version without Shouts maybe wont leak
cause he hasnt the clean version anymore its in the hands of the police

he says
the track is from 2002 prod. by Tricky Stewart & written by mj

he had even more mj tracks, like about 50 MJ Tracks

Here's his list:
Shes Not a Girl (Demo- made at encino) - MJ
You aint gonna change nothin - MJ
Lucy is in Love with Linus- MJ
Who is the girl with her hair down- MJ
Lonly Man - MJ
Going To Rio (Before Off The Wall) - MJ
Tomboy (Bad Album) - MJ
Buffolo Bill (written after Thriller album) -MJ
Al Copone (witten after Thriller) - MJ
Michael Mcellar - MJ
Thank You For Life (written before off the wall- 1973/1974) - MJ
Much Too Soon - MJ
What A Lonely Way To Go (written before Off The Wall) - MJ
Who Do You Know - MJ
You Are a Liar _ MJ
Cry - MJ
Make a Wish [?]
Crack Kills - MJ
Free - MJ
Fly Away - MJ
Childrens Hour - MJ
Baby Smiles - MJ
Sister Sue - MJ
Little Susie - MJ
Tragedy of a Chearleader - MJ
Get Around - MJ
Little Girls - MJ
In The Vally - MJ
Red Eye - MJ
I Forgive You - MJ
Why Shy - MJ
I Have This Love of Me - MJ
Llama Lola - MJ
California Grass - MJ
Kentucky (197?) - MJ
Someone Put Your Hand Down [out] (Released through a pepsi contest - 1992) w/ Teddy Riley - not origionaly.
Do You Know Where You Children Are - MJ
Bad Girl - MJ
Lonely Bird - MJ
P.Y.T. - w/ Greg Philengannes
Cheater - MJ (co-written)
People Have To Make Some Kind of Joke - MJ (possibley co-written w/ brother)
Love Never felt so good - Mj (possible co-written w/ Pual Anka)
Alright Now - (possible co-written w/ brother)
Scared of the moon - co-written w/ buz cohan
Neverland Landing - cowritten
We are the ones - MJ
Whats You Life - w/ Jermaine
Fantasy - co-writtenw/ brother
Sky's Limit - co-written w/ brother(s)
Saved By The Bell - co-written w/ brother
Chicago 1945- co-written
Make or break- co-written
Turning me off - co-written
Sunset Driver - co-written
Far Far Away - MJ

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cyY2TnRxq0c" frameborder="0"></iframe>

True, but then it might end up like Hold My Hand. "Leaked years ago" single is not what we want again.

But seriously, if this was on Michael and as first single, the whole situation would be different. It's out of this world.
i agree :yes: its a proper MJ song :yes::punk:
Well, it wouldn't be a leaked song but a number one hit single officially released.

Many artists release standalone singles that end up on albums later on (sometimes years later).

The track is leaked, make the most of it and put it out.
yes this would hit number one :yes:
thank you :yes: someone said that it was not on youtube but its good that it is for everybody to hear :yes:

The entire song is amazing, especially the ending with the adlibs. With a little production, this song could easily be a #1 dance hit all over the world.

Wow - awesome version!! They should have just cleaned up the production a bit and put this on "Michael"!

Last edited:
I talked to Dj Stolen...

looks bad,the version without Shouts maybe wont leak
cause he hasnt the clean version anymore its in the hands of the police

he says
the track is from 2002 prod. by Tricky Stewart & written by mj

he had even more mj tracks, like about 50 MJ Tracks

Here's his list:

He had all of these songs?! Did he tell you anything about them?

Club banger full of soul and wisdom, which is too rare. Sounds very mixed and overproduced, though, (maybe this DJ Stolen added his flavor, that's what happened with album 'Michael', afterall), but the wit in the lyrics is magic, they're carefully used so as to both make sense and sound right. When he repeats 'A slave to the rhythm of (the rhythm of love) (the rhythm of love)' in the chorus, the ear gets affected and hurts at hearing those voice vibrations. It's teasing the ear and heart a lot, combined with the background sounds rolling in billows like bowels churning. The manipulative atmosphere the song creates fits the dangerous, risky and empty life of the woman, a puppet used for sex and fun only. Michael's sincere emphasis on the dramatic story from this song, coupled with his empathetic tonality, the richness of the voice filling its depth.. Pure brilliance.

Money is louder than reason, for I can't see why these great pieces aren't released on an album, not to mention why they weren't included on 'Michael' instead those more than questionable 3's, who caused such an uproar.

*smh*
Enjoyed reading your take, esp. the part in bold.

The music is just ok, the lyrics is brilliant. The lyrics deserves the Lyrics of The Year award, if there was one. He was a true poet. I love literature and the lyrics of this song reminds me of other great poets like Tupac Shakur or William Blake. All 3 of them had a lot of love for the underprivileged and showed the struggles realistically and poignantly.

Don't you think it's a genius use of irony to use the dancing metaphor to describe this woman's ordeal? I feel she doesn't even know or simply tries to ignore the fact that she's being abused. Hence, she just dances constantly as "a slave to the rhythm (of her hard-knock life)." Or she endures it all by imagining herself dancing cuz she got kids and she gotta do what she gotta do as their mother. Any way you slice it, it's a tragic story.

Enjoyed reading your take, esp. the part in bold.

The music is just ok, the lyrics is brilliant. The lyrics deserves the Lyrics of The Year award, if there was one. He was a true poet. I love literature and the lyrics of this song reminds me of other great poets like Tupac Shakur or William Blake. All 3 of them had a lot of love for the underprivileged and showed the struggles realistically and poignantly.

Don't you think it's a genius use of irony to use the dancing metaphor to describe this woman's ordeal? I feel she doesn't even know or simply tries to ignore the fact that she's being abused. Hence, she just dances constantly as "a slave to the rhythm (of her hard-knock life)." Or she endures it all by imagining herself dancing cuz she got kids and she gotta do what she gotta do as their mother. Any way you slice it, it's a tragic story.

yes,i do like that:yes:

I LOVE 'Slave to the Rhythm'. I wish we could hear a hq of the full song w/ all the lyrics (regarding to the fan made version) and w/o DJ Stolen very soon. I just love it :heart:

I just hope SONY / Estate are saving the best till last...Slave to the Rhythm, Blue Gansta, DYKWTCA and Place with no Name all on one album will be just pure magic.

I just hope SONY / Estate are saving the best till last...Slave to the Rhythm, Blue Gansta, DYKWTCA and Place with no Name all on one album will be just pure magic.

Blue gangsta is ok, but for DYKWYCA and STTR the production needs some work, how i hear them in my head, they are f*cking amazing sons. DYWYCA needs some of it's pads turning up a little, and a bit of simple bass added in the bridge and guitar solo, just very simple, to add the lower frequence and make it more classic MJ, even in dangerous the bass hardly does anything, but adds so much to the song, it's that kinda thing. And STTR just needs a full on modern dance production, his vocals are off the chain on this one :D

Did you ever think Michael could have meant La Toya in this song? After all, she experience such a slavery in her "marriage"...

Back