Slave to the Rhythm appreciation thread

It should have been released on the album and played as the first single!

sttr.jpg

^^ Alec, I LOVE IT!!!

This song is the shit...I effing love it...The vocals are out of this world, and all I wanna do is dance!! this should have been on the album....wtf???

gotta love this song, the beats infectious!! maybe there leaving the best ones, for the next album or something...

The entire song is amazing, especially the ending with the adlibs. With a little production, this song could easily be a #1 dance hit all over the world.

This is how it feels when people hear a good Michael Jackson song. It feels GREAT!

Sigh... why hot songs like STTR and Blue Gangster are not on the album?

Love this song! Hope this will become an upcoming release!

Club banger full of soul and wisdom, which is too rare. Sounds very mixed and overproduced, though, (maybe this DJ Stolen added his flavor, that's what happened with album 'Michael', afterall), but the wit in the lyrics is magic, they're carefully used so as to both make sense and sound right. When he repeats 'A slave to the rhythm of (the rhythm of love) (the rhythm of love)' in the chorus, the ear gets affected and hurts at hearing those voice vibrations. It's teasing the ear and heart a lot, combined with the background sounds rolling in billows like bowels churning. The manipulative atmosphere the song creates fits the dangerous, risky and empty life of the woman, a puppet used for sex and fun only. Michael's sincere emphasis on the dramatic story from this song, coupled with his empathetic tonality, the richness of the voice filling its depth.. Pure brilliance.

Money is louder than reason, for I can't see why these great pieces aren't released on an album, not to mention why they weren't included on 'Michael' instead those more than questionable 3's, who caused such an uproar.

*smh*

It's an excellent club-song. Along with Blue Gangster, APWKN and 12 O'Clock (DYKWYCA), we can conclude that the best is yet to come. The reason why it wasn't included might be that it was from Vince and Another Day was the only outtak from that to make it. There where know Rodney Jerkins or Dr. Freeze songs on Michael. By the way STTR has a 90's feel to it. That might be reason why it was excluded from Vince. But the sound of the 80's (Synthesizer and so on) have had a revavel the last few years. So will the sound of the 90's.

Last edited:
Loved the ad-libbing at the end. My God, the power in his voice...

Sony is already removing the song from Youtube.

F*cking wankers.

I really love the AMAZING vocal performance on STTR, POWERFULL
i like the "the rhythm of my love, the rhythm of my love"

but i don't like the instru, it's poor, not good quality ....
I think it's a remix...ach, i can't believe he made an instru like that....
we can heard the true instrumental in the beggin, sounds like an a cappella...

Club banger full of soul and wisdom, which is too rare. Sounds very mixed and overproduced, though, (maybe this DJ Stolen added his flavor, that's what happened with album 'Michael', afterall), but the wit in the lyrics is magic, they're carefully used so as to both make sense and sound right. When he repeats 'A slave to the rhythm of (the rhythm of love) (the rhythm of love)' in the chorus, the ear gets affected and hurts at hearing those voice vibrations. It's teasing the ear and heart a lot, combined with the background sounds rolling in billows like bowels churning. The manipulative atmosphere the song creates fits the dangerous, risky and empty life of the woman, a puppet used for sex and fun only. Michael's sincere emphasis on the dramatic story from this song, coupled with his empathetic tonality, the richness of the voice filling its depth.. Pure brilliance.

Money is louder than reason, for I can't see why these great pieces aren't released on an album, not to mention why they weren't included on 'Michael' instead those more than questionable 3's, who caused such an uproar.

*smh*
i know that man doesnt do anything for Michael :no:
Loved the ad-libbing at the end. My God, the power in his voice...
i know its awesome :punk::punk:

Mwah, I think it's just ok to be honest. The music sounds a bit cheap, but the vocals are superb of course. I adore Blue Gangsta much more.

dangerous_88;3160344 said:
Amen! Why the hell is it not on the album, I am so angry!

I agree, this song is yet better than Behind the mask and Much too soon, Michael´s voice sounds realy like Michael - strongly and significantly! Maybe I´d buy the album if it was included.

*smh*
You described the song perfectly!
I so agree with this: "Club banger full of soul and wisdom, which is too rare". It's a very rare thing indeed.

Slave To The Rythym, needs to be released SOON!

After hearing the leak of the song Slave To The Rythym i think most will agree this NEEDS to be released SOON. It could be MJ's biggest hit in a long time. Its fresh and current and would be BIG in the clubs. Sony, somehow needs to release this song while its still 'new' and sounds current. Personally, i think they should release an entended version of MICHAEL with this song. Who else is with me? And how/and when do you think STTR should be released?

Re: Slave To The Rythym, needs to be released SOON!

Release it as a standalone single and include on a future album.
Move on from "Michael".

Release it as a standalone single and include on a future album.
Move on from "Michael".
True, but then it might end up like Hold My Hand. "Leaked years ago" single is not what we want again.

But seriously, if this was on Michael and as first single, the whole situation would be different. It's out of this world.

True, but then it might end up like Hold My Hand. "Leaked years ago" single is not what we want again.

But seriously, if this was on Michael and as first single, the whole situation would be different. It's out of this world.

Right back at ya. :timer:

Precisely. Is Sony really saving the song for the next release? By then, STTR will end up like HMH.

The excitement and impart will be gone by the time they officially release STRR and Blue Gangster.

Well, it wouldn't be a leaked song but a number one hit single officially released.

Many artists release standalone singles that end up on albums later on (sometimes years later).

The track is leaked, make the most of it and put it out.

Back