Sing! Thriller Netflix special

For those who have seen this, think about it this way…forget everything you know about Michael Jackson. Watch this from the perspective of the new generation. And then ask yourself, ‘what indication at ALL in this short shows you the degree to which Michael Jackson made Thriller what it is?’ ‘Where do I even see Michael Jackson in this?’ You will be hard pressed to think he had any involvement at all, when the entire concept, execution, dominance, and lasting legacy of this film is because of him, his art, and his work. Credit Temperton? Absolutely. But to credit Michael Jackson as a mere adjective? Disgusting.
I appreciate your passion for Michael and his recognition, but I believe Netflix has a good legal team to ensure the credits are correct. Otherwise, the Estate would sue them asap (hopefully lol).

I watched it tonight.

It's quite good, but yeah, it has been heavily resequenced.

I watched it. I'm pissed.

While the special itself was great, and a modern fun twist on the film, it is overshadowed for me by the completely respectful end credits that BARELY credit Michael Jackson.
To be honest, this isn't a valid complaint.

It's a loose remake of "Michael Jackson's Thriller", of course MJ isn't being ignored, wtf. And even if he was, it doesn't matter. Everybody knows it's based on MJ except really young kids, and fir them, saying it's MJ won't mean anything to them anyway.

But now his legacy is increasingly under threat. Perhaps now more than ever. And to passively allow or be okay with things like this slowly chip away at his greatness and importance. Wake up and join the fight…not a passenger of this machine.
I dunno what to say to you. Long ago I stopped caring about this sort of stuff. I like the music I like, so I listen to it. I really couldn't give a shit what other people like or listen to.

I'm not about to "join the fight", that's just silly. It doesn't make MJ any less of a talent just because some people don't like him, I'm gonna carry on listening regardless.

Leave people alone. They don't need to be brainwashed to have exactly the same taste as you.

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to say - Netflix don't actually show the credits... for anything.

They're obsessed with shrinking the credits roll down to a tiny square in the corner of the screen, and then abruptly moving on to something else if you don't click your remote within 5 seconds.

It shows a lack of respect to both the cast and the viewer, it's frustrating and I hate it, and it will probably be the reason I cancel my subscription.

I watched it tonight. I don't understand the complaints about credits. It clearly says 'Based on Michael Jackson's Thriller'. And yes, then Rod Temperton is credited for writing the song, which he did. They didn't use the original recording by Michael, and to be honest: the story is a very loose adaptation of Thriller. A screenplay credit for Michael would be weird.

And to be honest: I am kind of glad there is no actual responsibility of Michael Jackson suggested. To me, this adaptation is pointless. Thriller is all about being scary and funny at the same time; that was Michael's intention. Now these Sing-people decided to take the scary stuff out of a scary movie, use non-funny jokes, and replace the best singer in the world with a mediocre ensemble. What's the point? In what way is this better than Thriller?

Would you guys give it a rest with trying to complain about something that's not even made for you?? If you're not 11 years old, quit talking about it so hard already. Just go watch Thriller, and better yet, better save this energy for playing Thriller so it can go Number 1 in a weeks time.

Would you guys give it a rest with trying to complain about something that's not even made for you?? If you're not 11 years old, quit talking about it so hard already. Just go watch Thriller, and better yet, better save this energy for playing Thriller so it can go Number 1 in a weeks time.

I think I was 11 or 12 when I first saw Thriller. Loved it. Didn't need a cartoon version.

Back