Should Michael's Album Tell A Story???

Producers have been trying to get Mike to do a concept album for years but he won't do it. The closes he ever came to it was Bad where Quincy wanted him to write ALL the songs on the album. He wrote MOST of them but not all. Mike has said he is just interested in getting good songs onto his albums. What can we say?

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST
The songs on Bad have nothing to do with each other, it's a very long way from a concept album, lol.

Last edited:
I like Invincible album in relation to this kind of topic.

Unbreakable was a fun, cool dancy song, told a story, but wasnt depressing to listen to. Got the message across.

Privacy was a fun song. Simple. I love that song. Also gets the point across.

Could have fantastic video concepts too.

But the Invincible album wasnt all about "poor me"... it was fun, new, great music. I think Mike can fit a few songs about his life and feelings, within an album prodominently "feel-good" based album:)

Michael should do whatever he want's with his music. That's my only want, for him to do what HE wants. If that entails him writing and composing what are often generalized as "angry" songs, then so be it. They'll still be the work of a musical genius. If he wants to write and compose songs that are more uplifting or less serious, then that's fine too. Whatever he wants, that's what he should do. It doesn't matter if it isn't what the fans want. You are either a fan of Michael Jackson or a fan of a particular type of music. If you're a fan of Michael, then you should be a fan of the work he produces in general, with little to no regard for which catagory any particular song may fall under. Because you'll be a fan of HIS sound and his style and him overall, not the fact that he does pop, rock, classical, R&B or what have you. Any music from Michael is great music, no matter what the tempo, genre or emotion.

Last edited:
Nobody really makes concept albums anymore, that was mostly 1970s prog rock groups that did that.
Jay-Z's last album was a concept album based on American Gangster and it did very well critically and commercially. but as i said before, i don't see concept albums working for Mike.

You are either a fan of Michael Jackson or a fan of a particular type of music.
in essence, most of us are fans of that ever-present MJ-touch. but since i'm not an avid fan of every single Michael recording/particular direction, i'd say you can be both of the above and more.
f_winkeye.gif

Honestly don't care, as long as it's great music with a blend of stuff like he usually does (R&B, pop, dance, etc.).

All of his albums have sort of had a cohesive feel, and as long it does that it'll be fine.

I think it'd be great if it told a story but not about himself, there are so many unexplored themes out there to use. A concept album would be great as long as the songs work standalone.

in essence, most of us are fans of that ever-present MJ-touch. but since i'm not an avid fan of every single Michael recording/particular direction, i'd say you can be both of the above and more.
f_winkeye.gif

Well yeah. I just meant that I'm a fan of Michael's sound within any particular genre or any tempo of song, whether the subject matter is serious or light hearted. I'm not a fan of every single track of his either, but that never really has anything to do with whether it's a dance track, an R&B track, a standard, etc... It'll usually just be because I don't like the song, lol. But the way Michael takes on any particular genre or mood of music, that's what I'm a fan of. I'm a fan of his sound, lol.

Last edited:
therapeutic for him to record but i dont know if thats what the public want to hear maybe 1 or 2 songs if it relating to the trial

Or maybe he want's to talk about it. If he does, I don't think it would right for anyone to complain, especially since he doesn't even have to make any more music for us if he doesn't want to. Whatever he want's to do, or needs to do, that's what he should do.

It should be a story - a torrid love story involving him and some blond bimbo with big heeled, HOT PINK PLATFORM shoes!! LOL!!

*summer wearing a tight baby pink "Blonde... and proughd off it" t-shirt* :lmao: Hey now...What's wrong with blonde bimbos???!!!! *flips hair* :zformation: :lmao: :hysterical:

I don't really care if the album tells a story or not. If it's natural...sure, why not. But it doesn't have to. Whatever MJ thinks is gonna work the best is fine with me. :yes:

Michael should just go back to writing what he's good at - writing songs from his heart and soul. I think the guy has the ability to make another album like Thriller. He just needs a clear head and not be bothered by anyone; let his music do the talking.

Here's hoping he can pull it off.

I don't know...I really think he's trying to forget what happened in 2005, and go on with his life. I know that he had to put down a lot of dreams, like directing movies, acting, producing, lots of things. It probably makes him sad thinking about what he couldn't do and can't do now because of the trial.

If he does sing about the trial incognito, like say, Scream or D.S., he would do it brilliantly. But I definitely know he won't straight out make it obvious should he sing about the trial. It would be a little corny...like "I was finally acquited...those scums admitted...they lied" :D ...Super cheesy lol :D

ya'll mean like "Trapped In The Closet" chapters 1-54? :huh:

bahahahahah...I can just imagine if Michael ever dd anything like that... lol... MADtv would have something to spoof again. :D

Last edited:
We already have HIStory. I wouldn't want him to release any songs about the trial. It's the best to be forgotten.

Partly and in a subtle way. Something complex and mysterious would be good.

Partly and in a subtle way. Something complex and mysterious would be good.

all his work is autobiographical, and some songs show that without beeing explicit like those on HIStory:

Jam, Anothe part of me, Heaven can Wait, BOTDF

i want a concept album, not something that is all over the place like invincible
just needs a coherent theme, a commentary, doesn't have to about trial
don't try to appeal to the kids
from the heart, not soulless like hold my hand

Back