Sheryl Crow Learned A Lot From MJ

I'm not quite sure what she meant with that broadway thing... I think the title of the thread says more than she did:smilerolleyes:

Sounded to me like she low key shaded him with that and the whole "same things every night" non sense. Such a spiteful little creature.

HakaVelli;3440950 said:
Blender magazine readers submitted questions to Sheryl Crow and one asked about the period where she was a backup singer for Michael Jackson, and if she felt he was a bit odd. “Uh, hello?,” Crow responded. “Yeah. There was plenty of weirdness going on. For one, he barely spoke to me in 18 months, and that’s weird, because I’m fascinating, and I can’t believe that he didn’t want to speak to me. But the chimp was out on the road, and the Pepsi kid was around. It was like a weird circus. You sensed that this guy really had no sense of reality at all. It probably wasn’t even his fault. It’s so sad. He told me that his purpose on the planet was to save the children. From what, I don’t know.”
This makes me inclined to believe the story that after touring with her for half a year Michael still did not remember her name and called her "Shirley" by mistake. :rollin: She sounds so ridiculously bitter, instead of being thankful for getting her first big shot by Michael, and for getting the opportunity to share the stage with him.

The arrogance is annoying as well. Instead of worrying about hanging out with Mike off-stage she could have focused on doing a better job on-stage. She nearly managed to take the magic out of Billie Jean thanks to her skillful imitation of a dying feline (meow). Even worse were here vocals at the end of I Just Can't Stop Loving You (argh). I recently said to a friend that she seems to think she is 'taking it to church', but damn, she is taking it to the cat asylum instead.

This makes me inclined to believe the story that after touring with her for half a year Michael still did not remember her name and called her "Shirley" by mistake. :rollin: She sounds so ridiculously bitter, instead of being thankful for getting her first big shot by Michael, and for getting the opportunity to share the stage with him.

The arrogance is annoying as well. Instead of worrying about hanging out with Mike off-stage she could have focused on doing a better job on-stage. She nearly managed to take the magic out of Billie Jean thanks to her skillful imitation of a dying feline (meow). Even worse were here vocals at the end of I Just Can't Stop Loving You (argh). I recently said to a friend that she seems to think she is 'taking it to church', but damn, she is taking it to the cat asylum instead.

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

Bubbles is way more fascinating then Sheryl, Sorry lady! lol

I mean damn he was ur boss, why she wanted him to be that close to her I don't know? lol He had enough with Tatiana on tour, how nice to know Sheryl was just as desperate for his attention too! WOW! SMDH

But, it's all MJ's fault for being to sexy on that tour, how dare he! lmao

Last edited:
Bubbles is way more fascinating then Sheryl, Sorry lady! lol

I mean damn he was ur boss, why she wanted him to be that close to her I don't know? lol He had enough with Tatiana on tour, how nice to know Sheryl was just as desperate for his attention too! WOW! SMDH

But, it's all MJ's fault for being to sexy on that tour, I dare he! lmao

You have said it--too sexy for his own good. Now Crow should simply admit it and move on.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So true. So true. Sheryl Crow sounded and looked painful at the end of IJCSLY.

I always think the live renditions of IJCSLY are ruined by Michael's femal counterpart, except Judith Hill. She sounded great with Michael.

^^^Sometimes the backups think they are the main artist on stage.

^^^Sometimes the backups think they are the main artist on stage.

I don't know why Sheryl sounds so bitter.

I really don't like Sheryl's comments about how Michael's shows look the same every time. She seems to insinuate that Michael's shows were robotic or too choreographed.

In my opinion, her remark is not an accurate account. Today, due to the heatwave, I stayed home all day and had a Dangerous Tour marathon. I watched all the footages of the Dangerous Tour I downloaded. The performances I watched are from Munich, Werchter, Hamburg, London, Barcelona, Madrid, Oviedo, Dublin, London, Leeds, Paris, Tokyo, Tel Aviv and Mexico City. I watched Jam and WBSS countless times today. And, not two performances are the same. Michael actually improvised a lot. Vocally, I believe he tried to stay close to the record. But, he interpreted the music differently. Yes, he sticked with the choreography with the backup dancers. However, he put his own spins whenever he can. I can watch Jam 10 times non-stop and am not bored.

Of course Michael had off days. I can tell he's not physcially well during the 1993 tour dates. Even during his off days, the genius gave his all and still managed to inspire his audiences. He's just simply amazing to watch.

Sheryl can only dream to be a performer like Michael. Not to put her down, in all honesty, she didn't seem to learn much from Michael because of her bitter attitude.

I think Sheryl should be very upset because she was not much more than a backup singer for Michael :p ... you know.... :naughty:

Poor girl. :sigh: I hope she'll get over it one day... the same goes for Tatiana and all the other girls. :fear:

Just one of a number of girls who wanted to get close to Michael and who never did. I don't get Sheryl Crow-she flips between making nice comments then mean comments. Make up your mind FFS.

. She nearly managed to take the magic out of Billie Jean thanks to her skillful imitation of a dying feline (meow). Even worse were here vocals at the end of I Just Can't Stop Loving You (argh). I recently said to a friend that she seems to think she is 'taking it to church', but damn, she is taking it to the cat asylum instead.

DEAD! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes sure she may of had one good song "all i wanna do (is have some fun)'' but the woman cant sing for the life of her!

Bitter replies to be honest. She can have ambigious feelings, positive and negative about her time with Michael, I don't see what's so bad about it. And she is right that there was very little room for sponteneous performances and bits in Michael's show and that's not her thing, she can say that without being called a bitch and ridiculed for some supposed lack of success. Sometimes I feel like MJ fans are a bit overdefensive, and don't mind being mean in the process. Not MJ's style at all.

^^If your native language is English, you can see that there is a negative element in the comment. It is subtle to some, but obvious to others. Many of us can say "this is not my style" without there being a negative connotation to it. With Crow that is not the case. Further, people are aware of her comments from the past. If you think those are positive, then, of course, that is OK. To each his own.

^Yes, I see she is not entirely positive about Michael, but she doesn't have to be. If she does not have a 100% positive opinion about Michael she should be allowed without us ripping her apart over it. Not everyone will love Michael as much as we do, but if they don't intentionally hurt him or inflict distress on him, like Bashir or Nancy Grace, I think we should be a little more tolerant towards other opinions. Pick your battles.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"&#922;&#945;&#957;&#959;&#957;&#953;&#954;&#972;&#962; &#960;&#943;&#957;&#945;&#954;&#945;&#962;"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Well, even if Michael's performance was similar every night, why is that wrong? The man not only had to sing, he had also to dance. He had complicate routines and lightings ect. How much can you improvise in that? By the way, did Mr. Crow ever thought that Michael might wanted the shows to be the same every night because he wanted every audience to see the same show and no one got something more that the other?

love is magical

I don't know why Sheryl sounds so bitter.

It&#8217;s because of the hair.

^^Exactly. He chose to have his shows a certain way because he wanted to, and there is nothing wrong with that. However, Crow makes it sound like there was something wrong with that, and that is the point that most of us are against. I love Broadway shows; I will attend the Immortal Show and expect it to be structured as well, does that mean that there is something wrong with this type of concert? NO. It seems some people learned more from Michael than Crow did, and since many learned from him, we could pass on one negative Crow.

I think it's fine is she says that his style is not her style. They are two different people. But it comes across like a little dig at Michael there and I don't think that is necessary. I read the statement and think okay but then I also think something ain't right about it. I don't get why people have to do that with Michael or anyone for that matter. It's not necessary.

DEAD! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

247.gif
:lol:

I guess she is trying to make up for being a complete loser!!!!!

Back