Sheryl Crow Learned A Lot From MJ

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...-a-lot-from-mj&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82
(17-7-2011) Singer and Songwriter Sheryl Crow, who sang backup for Michael Jackson on his BAD Tour, recently featured a cover of the Jackson 5's 'I Want You Back' on her album 100 Miles from Memphis. In a recent interview, she was asked about what she learned while on tour with Michael Jackson. She replied,
"I learned a lot just by observing him, watching him perform every night. There were things I could apply to what I wanted to do and things I could look at and say, “This would definitely not work for me.” His show every single night was exactly the same, like it was a Broadway show, which was great and worked for him, but I couldn’t do that."

Click Herehttp://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/327212/group/Life to read the full interview.

Source: MJFC / inforum.com

yeh....didnt see like diss him not too long ago??..

ha I thought Sheryl said MJ is quite a diva before and dislike him. It's quite interesting to see people changing tunes. She is another hypocrite to me.

I reall don't like what she says here for some reason. I am sure it was a different feeling in the different cities and countries Michael toured. I have never seen a broadway show but Michael's show never gave me a broadway feel. Maybe I am being dumb here but it comes across like a compliment but not really. Their styles are different.

I reall don't like what she says here for some reason. I am sure it was a different feeling in the different cities and countries Michael toured. I have never seen a broadway show but Michael's show never gave me a broadway feel. Maybe I am being dumb here but it comes across like a compliment but not really. Their styles are different.

I had the same thought about the bolded also.

To each his own I guess but I don't see a real BIG problem with what she said. Especially when you look at how her career has spanned out. She's a country/rock artist who attracts a completely different crowd. People who don't give a shit what you look like as long as you play good. And others, of course.

But she isn't lying to us with this comment. She said she learned a lot. Took many things she liked from him to the stage, and discarded what she knew wasn't her style. And compared to Sheryl Crowe's shows or any country or rock show, YES MJ's shows are very strict and the same each night like a Broadway show. He had musical and dance cues that needed to happen at a certain time EACH NIGHT, no matter what. Sheryl's fans are less worried about that and are more interested in seeing what she'll do different to her music each night. And she's right, she couldn't pull off a Broadway style show every night.

A lot of people wouldn't recognize the changes we fans see in Mike's shows every other night. Keep this in mind.

I see your point. I guess when I read it this odd feeling came over me. Like he was being put down. I don't know how much it helped her career being on his tour but I hope she treasures that experience because not everyone got to be on tour with Michael.

Yes, you put it very well. I had the same feeling. I personally prefer to keep the words that people would say about MJ before he died. His death though revealed a lot of hypocricy.

I concur with what you wrote in bold, its one of those backhanded type of compliments.

Yes, you put it very well. I had the same feeling. I personally prefer to keep the words that people would say about MJ before he died. His death though revealed a lot of hypocricy.

Yup, it sure did!

Bill Bottrell a music producer was asked in an interview why he never bought Sheryl and Michael together to work on anything seeing how he worked with the both of them. He said Michael had been hurt by some of the things Crow had said about him and he thought it best he did not even bring it up. Like I said before whatever Crow

What I get from everything she has said about Mike through the years is ambivalence. She admires the man for his talent and genius but seems to harbor some kind of resentment (which could have started during the Bad tour) and comes out as personal digs and back-handed compliments.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing betsey!

IvoryKeys' post was good as well.

She rubs me the wrong way. I think she had hopes of becoming all chummy with Mike, and was disappointed when their professional relationship didn't advance into anything more. Bitter much?

She can act all sweet about Michael all she wants, but still I don't trust her at all, she calls him a "freak show", well I call her a "Frickin' traitor" and a "Cancer to Lance Armstrong", I'm not dissing Armstrong btw.

Bill Bottrell a music producer was asked in an interview why he never bought Sheryl and Michael together to work on anything seeing how he worked with the both of them. He said Michael had been hurt by some of the things Crow had said about him and he thought it best he did not even bring it up. Like I said before whatever Crow

That makes me sad. There are others who did the same. He never treated other artists the way some treated him.

She is full of it she said in a interview she never forgave Michael for cancelling a concert in St Louis because Michael had cold, But then went on to say how when the were in Disneyland Tokyo he came up to her and Jennifer Batten and chatted with them.
Give up trying to understand her.

I'm not quite sure what she meant with that broadway thing... I think the title of the thread says more than she did:smilerolleyes:

What I get from everything she has said about Mike through the years is ambivalence. She admires the man for his talent and genius but seems to harbor some kind of resentment (which could have started during the Bad tour) and comes out as personal digs and back-handed compliments.

That is my feeling about her too. I think that she wanted something more from Michael and did not get it. She is like a scorned woman, always with the sneaky bad comments.

She is full of it she said in a interview she never forgave Michael for cancelling a concert in St Louis because Michael had cold,

:eek: She said that? omg what a :censored:

God what michael wasnt "allowed" to have a cold at all????? :rolleyes:

She is full of it she said in a interview she never forgave Michael for cancelling a concert in St Louis because Michael had cold, But then went on to say how when the were in Disneyland Tokyo he came up to her and Jennifer Batten and chatted with them.
Give up trying to understand her.

She is really not that hard to figure out when she hit big it was popular to speak highly of Michael. So she made it her business to make sure she never did. ESP with the rock magazines and news shows she made it her business to diss Michael. Nothing Michael did she was just showing what a coward she was. Heaven forbid that she spoke well of Michael I mean gosh that was just to much to ask. She rather speak well of him now that he is gone and can't hear it. So like I said whatever

8701girl;3437905 said:
yeh....didnt see like diss him not too long ago??..

Blender magazine readers submitted questions to Sheryl Crow and one asked about the period where she was a backup singer for Michael Jackson, and if she felt he was a bit odd. “Uh, hello?,” Crow responded. “Yeah. There was plenty of weirdness going on. For one, he barely spoke to me in 18 months, and that’s weird, because I’m fascinating, and I can’t believe that he didn’t want to speak to me. But the chimp was out on the road, and the Pepsi kid was around. It was like a weird circus. You sensed that this guy really had no sense of reality at all. It probably wasn’t even his fault. It’s so sad. He told me that his purpose on the planet was to save the children. From what, I don’t know.”

Fuck Sheryl Cow.

^^So she is mad he did not talk to her for 18 months. In hindsight he was smart, because look at what she said about him. She is supposed to be so interesting and he prefers the company of an animal than her company--that should tell her a great deal about herself. Artist like Cheryl should understand that they are on stage because the great Michael Jackson is having a phenomenal show and they are paid to sing backup. They are not his peers. It is like anyone working for a boss. Take the check and go home at the end of the day. That statement of hers just gives proof to our remarks that she wanted more from Michael. Imagine being jealous of a child and a little chimp.

She said she is fascinating and why wouldn't he talk to her? I guess someone is full of herself. It sounds like she wanted something more from him and didn't get it and just trashed talked him and joined the bandwagon of lets bash Michael. He understood the world and people. That's why he was able to connect with so many people.

Back