Seth Riggs (Vocal Coach) on the generosity of Michael Jackson

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Thank you. This is what people need to hear about Michael. He helped so many people and did so many good things. People don't realize it.

If only more people could view this and listen, see, feel, and believe the authenticity of this man's words----

Okay, I see many are requesting for Seth Riggs' interview transcript, so here it is:

“Michael was a very – as everyone knows, a very phenomenal performer. If they have as good a voice as Michael and can accomplish 3 and a half octaves, actually, 3 octaves and a minor C, and with all that dancing, 21, 22 songs of full of dancing and maybe a couple of ballads…I used to vocalize him on tour three times a day. […] [I started coaching him’ 32 years ago…32 years ago. […] [The] first meeting [we had]…we were gonna go up the front door, and the carpenters said, ‘No, we’re putting new stairs’. See, we had to go up the roof. I said, ‘What?”, and we had to go up the roof and there was a ladder, we crawled up the ladder, […], and a couple of stairs up there was a door. So I walked over, knocked on the door and this voice says, ‘Hello!”, I said, ‘Is that you, Michael?’, ‘Yeah…Come on in’. So I came in and there he was, holding a chimpanzee by both bare feet, and with a wash cloth he was clening up his butt and put a diaper on it. That was my first meeting with Michael. […] And I taught him in his bedroom all the time, because he was very comfortable there, and he had all of his toys and things like that around him. He had…there was a two-story bedroom and he had mannequins in there, a little girl in a too-too and a boy in a tuxedo and they’re leaning on the top balcony looking down at him. Pinocchio was hanging on the stairway up to the balcony, and as you hit him, he would bounce up and down. And I’d be in there vocalizing Michael on the piano and the chimpanzee would hit Michael in the shoulder and then push Pinocchio, who would go up and down, and then he would clip me on the shoulder, [and] Michael thought that was so funny. And so, our lessons were always punctuated by animals moving in, moving out. And his heart was on his sleeve. Whenever he heard there was somebody in distress, he went to rescue them. When a young boy was put in a room and set on fire by his father – he was burned very badly, Michael read about it. And immediately, he flew up..and the young man was all banished in the hospital […] and his head was in massive bandages. And [the boy] said, ‘I don’t know what I’m gonna do’, and Michael said, ‘Don’t worry…I’ll take care of you for the rest of your life.’ And he did. He always had something for the (inaudible).
[…] There are so many [memories I have of Michael]. Mostly, they had to do with his heart. He had a great heart. He went everywhere that somebody was in trouble. He went and shelled out money to buy what they needed or to fix their lives…And when that little boy, Ryan White, was given a transfusion – [he had] a bad blood, he got AIDS, he went and buried a young baby that was drowned because her mother threw her off, because her father had walked away, no way to feed her, so that baby was thrown in the river, or whatever, off the bridge, and her little brother was thrown off the bridge and the woman jumped in. But somebody managed to get the mother and the other child, but the baby was drowned. Michael read about it and, immediately, he went down a long beach and he was waiting for the funeral. And the father had come back […] and he heard of his son’s death or whatever, and someone said, ‘Why hasn’t this funeral started?’ He said, ‘The person paying for it hasn’t got here yet’. About that time, up came a limo, and who stepped out?...Michael…And I remember we were…we were in Liverpool, and Michael read the paper that, as they do every once in a while, a young person brought up by wolves, and immediately, [Michael began to cry], and he said, ‘How terrible!...We’ve got to give a fundraiser for that little fellow.’…You know?...And people would constantly try to get money out of him, he was accused by a young boy of molestation, and the trial was over, he was acquitted, and later on, the boy admitted that his father had talked him into that […]. I’m gonna say that, and that it wasn’t true, and then later, his father committed suicide. So, there are a lot of things that people don’t understand about Michael. He would never, never upset a child in any way. He may have given them too much popcorn, too much ice cream. Over the ranch, there were these great big of hagelnuts (?) ice cream all over the place!...Out of the parking lot, in the southern farm, I used to go out there early with no breakfast, just to go to the soda fountain and have a big dish of hagenuts for breakfast. And every year, we would take all the kids and their parents up to Neverland Ranch. And the parents would come over to me – I’d be sitting and watching it, ‘cause I’d been through all that and I’ve known it for a long time. I was with him when he bought that place. And they would come up with tears in their eyes and say, ‘Where have you taken us?’, and I said, ‘I have taken you to your childhood…taken you to Neverland. This is where Peter Pan is.’”

In case somebody may want the transcripts for 2 of Dr. Patrick Treacy's interviews on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xL7zvkwdHk

“[…] When we look at Michael, this is somebody who in 1983, took the total proceeds of his Victory tour and gave them to the people of Africa. In 1984, we see him when he co-wrote We Are The World with Lionel Richie that sold 22 million copies, one of the biggest selling things of all time, and he gave it to the starving people of Africa. He turned around in 1993 at the end of the Dangerous tour – this was 67 concerts, it was 18-months work and he gave every single penny of it away again to the Heal The World Foundation. In 1999, [on occasion of a benefit gig in South Africa], he turned around once again and gave all of that work to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund. In, I suppose, my lifetime – and I’ve lived nearly a half a century, there are 5 people I can count on one hand that would have achieved this level of enlightment: John Lennon, Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, Bono, probably, I’d put there as well, and Michael Jackson. The difference with Michael Jackson was, you know, as a double messenger, not only did he do what the rest of them did, but he went and involved himself in things outside this – you know, poverty, racism, and it’s just phenomenal the goodness of his person.

[…] He put out his hand to me and he says to me, ‘I want to thank you for helping the people of Africa’, and then he turned around and he said to me – he pulled out an old, you know, certain thing […], but a magazine…When I left Irak in 1990, and […] I made my way down through Africa, and I wrote quite a long sort of thing called ‘The Silence In The Savannah’, and in many ways it was [about] watching the villages where HIV was picking up and devastated, and this is what he read out to me, he says, “Later, we passed many empty villages, abandoned stores and vacant huts that are a testiment to the destructive power of the plague whose path we follow. There’s an eeriness about those deserted hamlets and in the restless winds that stir the blue savannas’ glasses. I listen expectantly to hear the noise of barking dogs or the distance under children playing, and no sound comes.” And he turned around and said, you know, I cried when he read that, and then, he turned around and he threw his arms around me, he says, ‘We must do something for the people of Africa together’.

[…] I think, in some ways, that Michael was a creation of the media and, often, the media didn’t even want to hear this truth about Michael. Now, I’m in a situation at the moment where the media are chasing me from both America and the U.K., and in many ways they want me to, you know, to put around some dirt at Michael or whatever and, you know, it doesn’t really exist. And, in many ways, we even look at the trial in Santa Maria […], I mean, the media wanted to pay the jurors to write certain things that didn’t even exist […] Aphrodite Jones, […] and Aphrodite was one of the media persons who was against it, and she wanted me to appear in a show in New York where she’s totally convinced now that it was a total set-up […]

[…] I know for a fact […] that Michael wouldn’t involve himself in any of the drugs mentioned without the presence of an anesthesist. […] I don’t think he did it himself at all, absolutely not. Michael was not the sort of person who would in any way [do that]. […]

[…] There’s many happy memories [I have of him]. I remember when Michael used to come at the clinic all the time – we have a big glassroom in the clinic, and Michael used to fill all his pockets up with all our most expensive, you know, cosmeceuticals, and I’d catch him, you know, he wasn’t stealing, he was so rich, it was part of the way he did it, you know? And I’d sort of stop him and say, ‘Okay, leave this bag, keep this bag, put this bag’, and then one night, we were sort of down his house and I had a nice jacket that my mother got me, and Blanket had got it and fallen asleep in the sofa and put it over himself. And I turned around and was looking for my jacket, couldn’t figure it out where it was, you know, and then Michael came out sheepishly and he says, ‘Patrick, he takes after his father’ [laughs].”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3rfFQZJzqg&feature=related

“Over a period of time, I got to know Michael and I must say I found him to be an absolutely wonderful and honest person. I knew him at the level of sort of staying in his house to an extent as well, I…[…] not in Neverland, this is when he was in Ireland, […] and I suppose the first thing is that the case against him regarding the kids was…I would have to have to listen to his side of the story, I find it very very hard to believe. During that period and also, at the same time, the Murmary children were petrol-bombed and the gang land that was going on in Limerick… He wanted to come to the hospital and see the children and he wanted me to go in, which I did, and sort of gave him an update…He was very very genuinely interested in children from a loving point of view, and as on [his] kids, he’d get really well with them, they really loved him as well and, you know, sort of the way they responded to him was moreso that I’ve seen in any sort of, you know, father-daughter or son relationship. […]

Often, sort of, you know, when we chatted, we chatted about things like humanitarianism, he had a great love of Africa, for HIV there was a major contributory on the side of many many charities…And one day, […] he turned around and he says, ‘I’ve somebody to talk to you on the telephone’ and I turn around, he says, ‘It’s Mandeba!’, he says, ‘Mandeba!...Grandfather...’, you know, I turn around and it was Nelson Mandela, the three of us had a chat […]

[…] He certainly became very paranoid of the media after that period [of trial], and I know he had said things to me, like, ‘Patrick, one thing I don’t want is to be another peniless (?) black man when I die, you know, being ripped off by white, you know, sort of managers’, […] and he always had this fear that…I mean…and he mentioned, you know, sort of, many of his friends, sort of we would know who would have died, you know, sort of, in the previous 20 to 30 years, that would have been black musical artists that sort of died penniless, so he certainly had a fear of that. Michael was very humorous, very comical [though], very intelligent and, you know, he’d be looking through a book, he’d be looking at, maybe a bird and a book and he would turn around and say, ‘Oh, that’s Labidocromis genero’ or something, you know? He had a deep interest in things medical, as well…I must say, one or more medical texts were sort of missing afterwards… [laughs]

[…] I think the press can give a very very hard time and, unfortunately, a very very…maybe hard time for the wrong reasons. When we’re looking at the incidents in Berlin [in 2002] where he had his child who was Blanket, at the time after Blanket was born, and, I mean, it wasn’t so much of an incident, so much that it was really around the world within two hours, […] but, probably, if Arnold Schwarzeneger had done it, you know, the response would be, ‘Oh, what a big, strong man with a child!’, it was only because everybody had this persona of Michael they thought that he was gonna, you know, sort of drop his kid over the balcony or something. Why would he do that? You know?...

[…] Certainly, I think he was misinterpreted by the media, I don’t think that he was guilty of any of the things [he was accused of] in California, […] when I listened to his side of the story – and he had no reason to tell me, but he often…you know, we sat […] sort of chatting at one stage…I would think, of all his actions, I would have thought that he was a loving person that, certainly, the world didn’t get to know well enough during his brief sort of period here […].”

-- from mine and my friends' site: http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/ --

Last edited:
:cry: what a beautiful soul Michael had.
Thank you, Seth Riggs for talking so beautifully about Michael and simply just telling the truth about him..about what kind a person he really was, we lost an angel.

Oh this is sooo touching- I filled up with tears. If only the world knew how beautiful and loving Michael is and was. I truly believe he was an earth angel, and yes he was too good for this ungrateful world. Thank you so much for posting and thank you Seth for your love of Michael and sharing your beautiful memories of him.

Really nice things he had to say about MJ.

I wish more people would see this so they could know what kind of a person he really was, instead of just blindly believing the lies by the tabloids and certain media.
He was a very special soul with a big heart! Bless you Michael!

I watched some of it...but couldnt watch the rest...too heartbreaking :cry:

Okay, I see many are requesting for Seth Riggs' interview transcript, so here it is:

“Michael was a very – as everyone knows, a very phenomenal performer. If they have as good a voice as Michael and can accomplish 3 and a half octaves, actually, 3 octaves and a minor C, and with all that dancing, 21, 22 songs of full of dancing and maybe a couple of ballads…I used to vocalize him on tour three times a day. […] [I started coaching him’ 32 years ago…32 years ago. […] [The] first meeting [we had]…we were gonna go up the front door, and the carpenters said, ‘No, we’re putting new stairs’. See, we had to go up the roof. I said, ‘What?”, and we had to go up the roof and there was a ladder, we crawled up the ladder, […], and a couple of stairs up there was a door. So I walked over, knocked on the door and this voice says, ‘Hello!”, I said, ‘Is that you, Michael?’, ‘Yeah…Come on in’. So I came in and there he was, holding a chimpanzee by both bare feet, and with a wash cloth he was clening up his butt and put a diaper on it. That was my first meeting with Michael. […] And I taught him in his bedroom all the time, because he was very comfortable there, and he had all of his toys and things like that around him. He had…there was a two-story bedroom and he had mannequins in there, a little girl in a too-too and a boy in a tuxedo and they’re leaning on the top balcony looking down at him. Pinocchio was hanging on the stairway up to the balcony, and as you hit him, he would bounce up and down. And I’d be in there vocalizing Michael on the piano and the chimpanzee would hit Michael in the shoulder and then push Pinocchio, who would go up and down, and then he would clip me on the shoulder, [and] Michael thought that was so funny. And so, our lessons were always punctuated by animals moving in, moving out. And his heart was on his sleeve. Whenever he heard there was somebody in distress, he went to rescue them. When a young boy was put in a room and set on fire by his father – he was burned very badly, Michael read about it. And immediately, he flew up..and the young man was all banished in the hospital […] and his head was in massive bandages. And [the boy] said, ‘I don’t know what I’m gonna do’, and Michael said, ‘Don’t worry…I’ll take care of you for the rest of your life.’ And he did. He always had something for the (inaudible).
[…] There are so many [memories I have of Michael]. Mostly, they had to do with his heart. He had a great heart. He went everywhere that somebody was in trouble. He went and shelled out money to buy what they needed or to fix their lives…And when that little boy, Ryan White, was given a transfusion – [he had] a bad blood, he got AIDS, he went and buried a young baby that was drowned because her mother threw her off, because her father had walked away, no way to feed her, so that baby was thrown in the river, or whatever, off the bridge, and her little brother was thrown off the bridge and the woman jumped in. But somebody managed to get the mother and the other child, but the baby was drowned. Michael read about it and, immediately, he went down a long beach and he was waiting for the funeral. And the father had come back […] and he heard of his son’s death or whatever, and someone said, ‘Why hasn’t this funeral started?’ He said, ‘The person paying for it hasn’t got here yet’. About that time, up came a limo, and who stepped out?...Michael…And I remember we were…we were in Liverpool, and Michael read the paper that, as they do every once in a while, a young person brought up by wolves, and immediately, [Michael began to cry], and he said, ‘How terrible!...We’ve got to give a fundraiser for that little fellow.’…You know?...And people would constantly try to get money out of him, he was accused by a young boy of molestation, and the trial was over, he was acquitted, and later on, the boy admitted that his father had talked him into that […]. I’m gonna say that, and that it wasn’t true, and then later, his father committed suicide. So, there are a lot of things that people don’t understand about Michael. He would never, never upset a child in any way. He may have given them too much popcorn, too much ice cream. Over the ranch, there were these great big of hagelnuts (?) ice cream all over the place!...Out of the parking lot, in the southern farm, I used to go out there early with no breakfast, just to go to the soda fountain and have a big dish of hagenuts for breakfast. And every year, we would take all the kids and their parents up to Neverland Ranch. And the parents would come over to me – I’d be sitting and watching it, ‘cause I’d been through all that and I’ve known it for a long time. I was with him when he bought that place. And they would come up with tears in their eyes and say, ‘Where have you taken us?’, and I said, ‘I have taken you to your childhood…taken you to Neverland. This is where Peter Pan is.’”

THANKS A LOT for this.

I noticed also that there's a little bit missing.
At the beginning he says something like "I used to vocalize him 3 times per day, 12-1, 4-4.30 and 8-8.15 and...

beautiful.tears.
this makes me think of that line towards the beginning of moonwalker. something like " i have a heart the size of texas" or something. man he had a huge heart.
hey did anyone else click on the other links at the end of the video. the vocal warmup thingies are adorable!!!

Thanks a lot for this :wub:...all the people that ever got to know or work with Michael have nothing but kind words to say about him...all of them!!! All the haters out there are either ignorant or cold-hearted people...that formed their opinions by reading the tabloids.

Oh Michael and Bubbles :cry: i miss Michael,
Seth's so moved, thank you Seth, God bless you.

Michael was always for those who were in pain :cry: he didnt deserved all the bad things they did to him... :cry: Rest In Peace with the angels Michael :(

Back