Selena was a big Michael Jackson fan :)

Graf

Proud Member
Not sure if this was posted before, but Selena, an up and coming(and VERY talented American-Mexican star was a big Michael Jackson fan :). Sadly she was killed in 1995 before she was able to hit it big with an English audience :( .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWJnqD1bniU

Mention of Michael while at her 1995 Houston concerts.(IN SPANISH)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5y25QWfBWc

Short clip of Selena dancing to Smooth Criminal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrDhq8qCaHs

Selena's Brother, A.B. Quintanilla talking about Selena and live performances. (Michael reference :) )

wow. I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing :)

But then, who isn't a Michael Jackson fan?

Very true :) but I had no idea Selena was such a big one:D...there's even rumors she had performed Billie Jean on stage :)

Interesting that you mention this now as the film Selena was on TV just last night & this morning.

Exactly. Especially contemporary singers and dancers. That's why when the uninformed say something insane like he was only great in the 80's, my mouth drops open. His influence is pervasive today and will be forever.

Interesting that you mention this now as the film Selena was on TV just last night & this morning.

Yeah, I've seen the movie 2-3 times myself..it's good but of course has a very sad ending :(

I never knew that. Thanks for sharing that. I just love that one song of hers Dreaming of You. She was such a good singer its a shame that she was murdered. And I never even heard of her until my mother read about her death in a newspaper back then.

At first I thought you was talking about Selena Gomez...:bugeyed

I love Selena, big fan here :) I have her on tape on a Spanish award show singing a song and she does a good moonwalk on stage wearing her leather boots lol

At first I thought you was talking about Selena Gomez...:bugeyed

No offense to Gomez, but Selena Quintanilla was 1000x times more talented!:)

I love Selena, big fan here :) I have her on tape on a Spanish award show singing a song and she does a good moonwalk on stage wearing her leather boots lol

Awesome! I just started to get into Selena myself, I never knew much about her (was only 6 when she died). Could you tell me what the Spanish award show she did that is called ?:)

Aw! Can someone please translate what she said? I love Selena (I posted a thread about her in the Music section) and never knew she was an MJ fan. Awesome.

She is missed.

I just love that one song of hers Dreaming of You. She was such a good singer its a shame that she was murdered. And I never even heard of her until my mother read about her death in a newspaper back then.

I love her song "I Could Fall" also. I remember watching a segment one of the entertainment shows did about her when she was still up and coming. Then not long after that, she was gone - too soon like so many others...

her english song, the title which i forget..where she sings the line 'don't want to fall in love'..i think that's the line..anyway, where she sings about giving into her lover..the song released on the american charts, after her death..that's a beautiful ballad.

anyway..i'm so used to having heard negative stuff about Michael, in the nineties..it took that wiki article to remind me, that HIStory still debuted at no. 1 in america, despite the height of negativity against him, including rumours of child molestation, the first time..

that's a hell of a feat, considering the barbaric nature of those claimed rumours against him. certainly a testament to the greatness of his music.

and, Selena is right behind him, in that debut..and that's not long after her death.

nothing can stop great music. absolutely, nothing at all.

and sadly enough..apparently, nothing can stop people from being jealous of someone else's success...to the point of killing them, because they were jealous of them.

and yes..in that youtube vid, she seems so enthralled over Michael..even though i don't understand the language, you can tell she wasn't thinking of the nasty rumours, the media claimed against him...she was enthralled with him and his talent, alone.

her english song, the title which i forget..where she sings the line 'don't want to fall in love'..i think that's the line..anyway, where she sings about giving into her lover..the song released on the american charts, after her death..that's a beautiful ballad.

I absolutely adore that song. It's called "I Could Fall In Love".
Listen to it here! http://popup.lala.com/popup/576742265972512827
Man, it totally broke my heart when she was shot and killed by her former manager/agent (i believe that's what that lady was to Selena).

She was a potentially very powerful musical icon amongst latin/mexican fans and beyond. But she got killed before she really reached her peak in being noticed by all.
I wonder where she'd be today if she was alive.

Selena. Sigh.

BTW, The movie which starred JLO as Selena is probably the only movie I felt JLO did a great job as an actress.
The film sort of reminds me of La Bamba.

Tragic films of super talented people with more to offer than just talent.

Actually she was killed by her Fan Club President Yolanda Saldivar is her name! She was accused of embezzling money from the club! Something she was accused of before at an old job of hers but, the case was settled out of court so the family didn't know about it when they checked her background. When she was confronted by Selena and her father she got scared, thought she might go to jail! So she bought a gun!

A day before Selena was killed Yolanda called Selena to meet her at a hotel to give her business documents Selena was asking her for but, she only gave Selena some not all of what Selena was asking for. So the next day Selena went back to the hotel only to find Yolanda saying she was attacked by to guys and they had rape her! Selena took her to a hospital but, the nurse said that she was not raped. Yolanda was lying to Selena trying to by time because Selena wanted those documents that were gonna prove she was stealing money!

Once back in the hotel room they argued and when Selena tried to leave the room Yolanda shot her, Selena ran and made it to the hotel lobby and bleed to death on the floor. But before she died she said Yolandas name to the lady that was trying to help her and calling 911 and the room number Yolanda was in she also said to "close the door cause she'll shoot me again!"

This was all according to the trial transcripts! Their is also a book that was suppose to be written by Selena defense lawyer about the trial and there's a E! True Hollywood story base on the court transcript that is very good considering it was that E! channel!

Selena always reminded me of MJ a bit cause of how her and her family became famous! Her father wanted to be a musician just like Mike father Joe! Both men were in a group Joe was in a group called The Falcons and Selena Father had The Dinos! Later their children became the famous ones! Selena was trusting of people and kind to everyone loved children and animals just like Michael! Selena treated that women who murdered her as family, she was like her best friend! People around Selena warned her about Yolanda about how obsessed or possessing she was acting towards Selena not letting others near Selena like other business partners and friends! Kinda sound familiar right? Crazy...:(

Actually she was killed by her Fan Club President Yolanda Saldivar is her name! She was accused of embezzling money from the club! Something she was accused of before at an old job of hers but, the case was settled out of court so the family didn't know about it when they checked her background. When she was confronted by Selena and her father she got scared, thought she might go to jail! So she bought a gun!

A day before Selena was killed Yolanda called Selena to meet her at a hotel to give her business documents Selena was asking her for but, she only gave Selena some not all of what Selena was asking for. So the next day Selena went back to the hotel only to find Yolanda saying she was attacked by to guys and they had rape her! Selena took her to a hospital but, the nurse said that she was not raped. Yolanda was lying to Selena trying to by time because Selena wanted those documents that were gonna prove she was stealing money!

Once back in the hotel room they argued and when Selena tried to leave the room Yolanda shot her, Selena ran and made it to the hotel lobby and bleed to death on the floor. But before she died she said Yolandas name to the lady that was trying to help her and calling 911 and the room number Yolanda was in she also said to "close the door cause she'll shoot me again!"

This was all according to the trial transcripts! Their is also a book that was suppose to be written by Selena defense lawyer about the trial and there's a E! True Hollywood story base on the court transcript that is very good considering it was that E! channel!

Selena always reminded me of MJ a bit cause of how her and her family became famous! Her father wanted to be a musician just like Mike father Joe! Both men were in a group Joe was in a group called The Falcons and Selena Father had The Dinos! Later their children became the famous ones! Selena was trusting of people and kind to everyone loved children and animals just like Michael! Selena treated that women who murdered her as family, she was like her best friend! People around Selena warned her about Yolanda about how obsessed or possessing she was acting towards Selena not letting others near Selena like other business partners and friends! Kinda sound familiar right? Crazy...:(

wow, thanks for the info!
That's really sad. Didn't Yolanda kill herself at some point? Or am I confusing her with someone else...:scratch:
I remember the movie, i was so upset at that woman's actions. My goodness. How sad. I don't even want to imagine what it must have looked like when Selena came down bleeding to death.
Stupid people suck. :mello:

Wow...that was some crazi twisted woman!...When I watched the movie "Selena", with JLo...she was shot while performing...so thats not how it happened then...Thank you for the info!

and yes, So much similarities...The good ones are always taken away from us. :(

L.O.V.E.
Romi

wow, thanks for the info!
That's really sad. Didn't Yolanda kill herself at some point? Or am I confusing her with someone else...:scratch:
I remember the movie, i was so upset at that woman's actions. My goodness. How sad. I don't even want to imagine what it must have looked like when Selena came down bleeding to death.
Stupid people suck. :mello:
After shooting Selena, Yolanda locked herself in her car and pointed a gun to her head. She was in there for hours, and was finally arrested. She went to jail and is still alive today.

Wow...that was some crazi twisted woman!...When I watched the movie "Selena", with JLo...she was shot while performing...so thats not how it happened then...Thank you for the info!

No, no, that's just the last scene of the movie. It's symbolizing her last performance. In the movie, I think they switch from the stage to the news about Selena's death.

After shooting Selena, Yolanda locked herself in her car and pointed a gun to her head. She was in there for hours, and was finally arrested. She went to jail and is still alive today.

No, no, that's just the last scene of the movie. It's symbolizing her last performance. In the movie, I think they switch from the stage to the news about Selena's death.

Ah ok, thanks for the info Dutchie!
Tragic loss.

Awww,Thats awesome that Selena was a big fan of Michael's.I am also a big huge fan of Michael's and Selena's.

Back