Rolling Stone Magazine crowns Jay-Z as the new King of America

But since like I said above, commercial success means nothing if the music or talent isnt there it really isnt a big of deal unless someone is a person into hype and whats hot.
"Whats hot" can change in a matter of seconds and it doesnt take much I dont think that means a whole lot because it doesnt... its just once again for sell and for money. But if that is how you feel okay then. I feel that his "commercial success" really should not have to be acknowledge because its already a given that if a artist is popular its naturally going to be easier for them to be successful (as far as money and fame goes) whether there talented or not but most singers/ rappers of today are not talented .Thats how the industry works in todays market, lol it doesnt mean much and not that important to make a thread about.

Yes, "what's hot" can change in a heartbeat. And no, being commercially successful doesn't automatically make you good or even musically talented (though I do think Jay-Z is talented, personally). It does, however, make you popular, and that's when you get glamorized like this. Basically the only point I'm making. There's plenty of shit that's hot today that I can't stomach.

Marketiing is all this is and will continue to be. Of course fans are gonna come in here and say what they say, but it's quite entertaining though. :p

Yes, "what's hot" can change in a heartbeat. And no, being commercially successful doesn't automatically make you good or even musically talented (though I do think Jay-Z is talented, personally). It does, however, make you popular, and that's when you get glamorized like this. Basically the only point I'm making. There's plenty of shit that's hot today that I can't stomach.

And Ill end that by saying that, I agree with you even though Im not a Jay Z fan and I find him to be very average lol I think his older material was alot better though before he got mainstream. I find his rival Nas to be far more talented and should have the accolades he has because he exactly DESERVES it but Nas chose to stay true to his art and didnt sale out lol just telling the truth but im a old school girl I love my oldies lol I dont listen to a whole lot of rap/hiphop but when I do its mostly underground or from the 90's, 80's.

Back