Rihanna new album is Thriller inspired

I love RiRi, she is very beautiful and i think Michael liked her a lot, and i really like her to be THE QUEEN OF POP, cause she is real, not fake like Gaga or Aguilera or Madonna or Beyonce (Beyonce has talent though, in her voice i mean...) and as Janet is like she seems to not care about music, well, you know, im with Rihanna all the way, she's cool

Michael Jackson is the KING and Rihanna should be the Queen :) (even though Rihanna (well madonna is not talented as Michael at all and she is the called the queen:smilerolleyes: i mean...) is not as talented as Michael but i mean noone is talented like Michael (im just stating the obvious here:) , ;D and Rihanna is a woman so, ;) )

Go RiRi GO! :yes: :cheeky:

I wish people would stop comparing themselves to the greats and thinking that they are something special!!!!!!

Did Michael ever say "I'm gonna be bigger the Elvis and the Beatles"......NO he just got on with the job!!!!!!!

I love RiRi, she is very beautiful and i think Michael liked her a lot, and i really like her to be THE QUEEN OF POP, cause she is real, not fake like Gaga or Aguilera or Madonna or Beyonce (Beyonce has talent though, in her voice i mean...) and as Janet is like she seems to not care about music, well, you know, im with Rihanna all the way, she's cool

Michael Jackson is the KING and Rihanna should be the Queen :) (even though Rihanna (well madonna is not talented as Michael at all and she is the called the queen:smilerolleyes: i mean...) is not as talented as Michael but i mean noone is talented like Michael (im just stating the obvious here:) , ;D and Rihanna is a woman so, ;) )

Go RiRi GO! :yes: :cheeky:

I don't understand how a person who has seen talent like Michael Jackson can compare it with Rihanna.

I completely agree with what mostly anyone else is saying. Michael was a one of a kind performer and a musical genius. He had it all! He danced amazingly, he sang wondefully, he was an amazing composer! He was intimately involved with the production of his albums and he knew what he was doing every step of the way.

But that's probably not the only reason he came as far as he did. He was known already as a wonderful performer ever since his childhood and people felt comfortable with him. He was someone they had known and loved for a long time. So when Thriller was released he already had both feet well planted inside of the business.

Also, he was a barrier breaker. He was an inovator. He was extremely visual when it came to his work and he knew which buttons to push to drive people crazy. He introduced some amazing dance moves and some amazing sounds and people loved it all.

Things are not the same anymore. First off, lots of people don't buy records anymore. They download it. So, even if an album (Rihanna's or anyone else's) became just as popular as Thriller did in the 80's, I highly doubt it would sell as well as Thriller or Bad.

Now, for Rihanna's new album being Thriller inspired... my goodness! How many albums during the last almost three decades haven't been?

I don't doubt it will be a good album. But as good as Thriller? That's hard. As popular as Thriller? Even harder, I say.

i think this just works like a great advertisement. When this new record come out, everybody will want to know if it is that good. Clever. maybe not :unsure:

i think this just works like a great advertisement. When this new record come out, everybody will want to know if it is that good. Clever. maybe not :unsure:

But a scheme like that that could end up being a EPIC FAIL because everyone is peed off that it is not as good as Thriller!!!!!

Michael was already a Living Legend and a veteran in the business before he even started work on Thriller.......

Rihanna hasn't even been around that long and apart from "Umbrella", she hasn't done anything extraordinary.

I'm not an Rihanna hater and I do enjoy some of her music but come on.....nobody even buys music any more and almost all of today's biggest hits quickly become stale and are forgotten in no time at all!!!!!!!...........

Aiming to get the success of Thriller in today's society is wishful thinking at best!!!!!

I agree with you. And I wasn't defending her, I was just saying that this works like an advertisement, that's all.
I said it was clever but now I realize that actually it's kinda stupid :lol: Everyone is gonna compare the album with Thriller and I don't think that's a good thing for her. Unless the album is extremely good, which i highly doubt :)

I don't understand how a person who has seen talent like Michael Jackson can compare it with Rihanna.
Im never said she was talented like Michael, come ON! i thought it was OBVIOUS by this time, NOONE would be as TALENTED AS MICHAEL JACKSONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!, HE WAS GENIUS CALIBER!!!! i mean i thought i didnt have to clearfy the obvious... :)

Im just stating I like her more then the other females, not the artist (well she is not a "real artist", she is just a media "diva" like gaga, aguilera, madonna, spears, etc, etc) but at least she is cool :lol: thats all im saying

I wish people would stop comparing themselves to the greats and thinking that they are something special!!!!!!

Did Michael ever say "I'm gonna be bigger the Elvis and the Beatles"......NO he just got on with the job!!!!!!!

Just had to say I love this quote lol It's so true.
Artists of today should stop trying to live up to the greats and just try and become as great as they can be. Maybe they will become greater that way.

I don't think her album will be as big as thriller but I liked her last album so I'm curious as to what the album will sound like.

Haha... No one can break the record of the album Thriller..
Well.. Good luck to Rihanna.. I'm excited to see how it will be :)

Just had to say I love this quote lol It's so true.
Artists of today should stop trying to live up to the greats and just try and become as great as they can be. Maybe they will become greater that way.

I don't think her album will be as big as thriller but I liked her last album so I'm curious as to what the album will sound like.

see? this marketing estrategy is working :bugeyed

:p

lol..no it's not. we're just commenting. i don't plan on getting the album. you're more likely to get my attention if you're original.

lol. you're really funny lol

Most people wouldn't buy an album without listening to the singles first (YouTube, TV, Radio or illegal download)..........

......if they aren't up to the standard of Thriller.....the album FAILS!!!!!

Well, I like some of her songs, especially the earlier ones. Obviously this album will never reach the level of Thriller in the era we are living in right now.

Back