Removing R. Kelly?

What about removing YANA, OMC and Cry from MJs albums?
Ciara did it:
??? WTF? You Are Not Alone is one of the most beautiful songs EVER written and recorded. I love it! One More Chance is also great. I could live without Cry but removing songs from albums is just nonsense.

Just STOP with that western cancel culture propaganda bullshit. There are other countries other than US where cancel culture never existed and it never will. Just enjoy great music.

EDIT: This is the craziest thing I read in a while!

If I'm honest I've grown tired of the 3 collaborations.

The best bit of YANA is the last 2 minutes on the longer TUC version. Those adlibs are superb

Cry is just poor attempt at MITM, that never reaches the level of Keep The Faith.

I liked OMC when I first heard it on the radio in 2003, it sounds more like Michael than most of Invincible did. But I've gone off the song in general over the years, Mike's voice just sounds strained on it.

I'm not really a fan of removing songs, cancel culture in general is just a path down to madness.
If you can’t seperate the person from the art, just don't listen/watch it. It's quite that simple.

I find it funny that some of the weaker songs (in my opinion) in Michael's catalogue are songs he had no hand in writing. Says a lot about Michael's brilliant songwriting capabilities

??? WTF? You Are Not Alone is one of the most beautiful songs EVER written and recorded. I love it! One More Chance is also great. I could live without Cry but removing songs from albums is just nonsense.

Just STOP with that western cancel culture propaganda bullshit. There are other countries other than US where cancel culture never existed and it never will. Just enjoy great music.

EDIT: This is the craziest thing I read in a while!

This is the craziest thing I read in a while !
You are not alone is a bad song just like the video lmao

You can listen and like the song if you want but, in my opinion, I want to cancel Kelly and I'm frustrated that Michael worked with...

We need to worry more about people trying to remove Michael himself, not just some songs some guy wrote for him a long time ago.

The only place to remove R.Kelly from is society. And also, "I have this Dream".

You can listen and like the song if you want but, in my opinion, I want to cancel Kelly and I'm frustrated that Michael worked with...
You can cancel whoever you want. In my country, many other countries and in all countries 10 years ago that was called not buying someone's music or any other product. There was no need for idiotic campaigns to force your opinion of not buying someone's product to other people.

You Are Not Alone is beautiful song. The song that made history. Video is great with his beautiful wife (at the moment). It's one of the best MJ songs not written by MJ himself up there with Human Nature, Man In The Mirror and The Lady In My Life.

I Believe I Can Fly is also beautiful song, even better than You Are Not Alone. I listen to it frequently. On the other hand, I "cancelled" (which basically means that I don't listen to and don't buy any products from) any artist that disrespected MJ like Elton John, Sia, John Legend, 50 Cent, Drake...

Funny enough, they've already removed songs off an MJ album. The Casio stuff lol.
Songs not sung by MJ that shouldn't have been on the album in the first place. You Are Not Alone is the song MJ recorded and co-produced himself. And is million times better than any Cascio or Malachi track, but the quality is irrelevant. Cry is bad but it shouldn't be removed. Ever. That would be equivalent of Hitler burning books.

On the other hand, I "cancelled" (which basically means that I don't listen to and don't buy any products from) any artist that disrespected MJ like Elton John, Sia, John Legend, 50 Cent, Drake...
You sound contradictory here.

You advise people to just enjoy great music, while you stopped listening to many artists and you stopped buying any albums from them just because of their disrespectful stance towards Michael Jackson.

I loved the song but when i seen the video of him acting more fem than Lisa Marie it was odd. Also the R Kelly stuff now disgusts me

You can cancel whoever you want. In my country, many other countries and in all countries 10 years ago that was called not buying someone's music or any other product. There was no need for idiotic campaigns to force your opinion of not buying someone's product to other people.

You Are Not Alone is beautiful song. The song that made history. Video is great with his beautiful wife (at the moment). It's one of the best MJ songs not written by MJ himself up there with Human Nature, Man In The Mirror and The Lady In My Life.

I Believe I Can Fly is also beautiful songthereeven better than You Are Not Alone. I listen to it frequently. On the other hand, I "cancelled" (which basically means that I don't listen to and don't buy any products from) any artist that disrespected MJ like Elton John, Sia, John Legend, 50 Cent, Drake...
It is a nice song i agree, however the lack of live singing on concerts compared to Out of my life there is no comparison

There was no need for idiotic campaigns to force your opinion of not buying someone's product to other people.

The campaign against R. Kelly was certainly not "idiotic". Knowingly supporting a proven pedophile and rapist, however, is quite idiotic.

That said, "You Are Not Alone" shouldn't be removed lol. Song is simply too notable.

Last edited:
The campaign against R. Kelly was certainly not "idiotic". Knowingly supporting a proven pedophile and rapist, however, is quite idiotic.

That said, "You Are Not Alone" shouldn't be removed lol. Song is simply too notable.
Listen to it if you want. It's music. Maybe if it's music describing abhorrent morals, that's a different story.

If I'm honest I've grown tired of the 3 collaborations.

The best bit of YANA is the last 2 minutes on the longer TUC version. Those adlibs are superb

Cry is just poor attempt at MITM, that never reaches the level of Keep The Faith.

I liked OMC when I first heard it on the radio in 2003, it sounds more like Michael than most of Invincible did. But I've gone off the song in general over the years, Mike's voice just sounds strained on it.

I'm not really a fan of removing songs, cancel culture in general is just a path down to madness.
If you can’t seperate the person from the art, just don't listen/watch it. It's quite that simple.

I find it funny that some of the weaker songs (in my opinion) in Michael's catalogue are songs he had no hand in writing. Says a lot about Michael's brilliant songwriting capabilities
In my opinion the only R. Kelly collaboration that is a genuinely poor song is "Cry” due to its bland, uninsipring lyrics and mediocre vocal performance. I think "One More Chance" does have potential to be great; unfortunately, I believe the vocals downgrade the overall quality of the song.

You sound contradictory here.

You advise people to just enjoy great music, while you stopped listening to many artists and you stopped buying any albums from them just because of their disrespectful stance towards Michael Jackson.
I'm not. What I said is that it is OK to not listen to someone or not buy someone's product because you don't like it. That's how the world worked since the beginning of time. And how it still works in many countries (or all countries except US). What is idiotic is "cancel culture" which is basically forcing your opinion, your beliefs and your (musical) tastes on others by being very loud. Like this thread that shouldn't exist in the first place.

So what I meant was. Just enjoy great music and artists (that you like) and let others enjoy great music and artists (that they like).

I'm not. What I said is that it is OK to not listen to someone or not buy someone's product because you don't like it. That's how the world worked since the beginning of time. And how it still works in many countries (or all countries except US). What is idiotic is "cancel culture" which is basically forcing your opinion, your beliefs and your (musical) tastes on others by being very loud. Like this thread that shouldn't exist in the first place.

So what I meant was. Just enjoy great music and artists (that you like) and let others enjoy great music and artists (that they like).
Give it a rest bro. You are not special.

Nobody came to your country to take the music out your house did they? No one's violating your right, you'd crack like veneer if they even tried.

The thread is pretty unnecessary, I'll agree with that.

The concept of people trying to rewrite history really annoys me. You can’t change history. What has happened has happened. If people have an issue with the songs, simply don’t listen to them.

With the exception of YANA, I don’t ever listen to the other two R Kelly songs and that isn’t because of who wrote those songs, but because I think that One More Chance and Cry are truly bad songs.

But I wouldn’t really want those songs removed from Michael’s discography. They were songs that were approved of by Michael and it would be extremely disrespectful to him, if those songs are removed from his discography.

I unfortunately agree, I hated the song. I would however would have liked to seen it performed live. Remember She's Out of my life video was pretty dull as was the studio song. However when he sung it live especially on the Dangerous tour , it showed that he was one of the best vocalists of all time. However the video of YANA and the studio itself were just cringe. Though he could have improved that if he sung it live at least once.

Back