Remembering Frank Dileo on 1 year anniversary of death / Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away

Re: Update: Frank has been moved out of ICU / Frank Dileo Hospitalized Fighting For His Life

I'd like to know how Frank is doing as well. Maybe someone can check with his niece on twitter?

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2011/08/12/778119.aspx?id=

This seems to be a recent post about someone he is managing........(which implies he is well enough to be working....which is very good news)

Getting To Know Manika

Posted on Friday August 12, 2011 at 05:01 PM 1 |
To get a glimpse of how budding artists climb the showbiz ladder to success in the new millennium, Pollstar talked with Manika, who’s only 18 but already has a world of experience under her belt.

Following in the steps of Britney Spears and Justin Bieber, Manika has been making plenty of new fans on this year's “Shop Til You Rock” mall tour. However, Manika’s journey to success started before playing next to food courts across the land. She won the “Outstanding Performance Award” three years in a row at the National Performing Arts Festival in New York City and published her first children’s novel, “The Exciting Adventures Of Boo,” when she was only 15.

She also has several of the music industry’s major players firmly in her corner with former Michael Jackson manager Frank DiLeo co-managing her with U.K. “Pop Idol” vocal coach CeCe Sammy.

On the songwriting side, she’s working on several tracks for her upcoming album with Tearce Kizzo and Francci, whose credits include Keyshia Cole, Patti Labelle, Adina Howard and Jo Jo. The duo also wrote Manika’s “Just Can’t Let You Go,” which includes a guest performance by Lil Twist.

Pollstar recently caught up with Manika while she was at Disneyland celebrating her 18th birthday. She’s smart, friendly, bursting with enthusiasm and ready to conquer the world through her music.

How did it all begin?

I’ve always been singing, songwriting and working at it. Finally, a friend kept telling CeCe that she had to meet this girl. So she introduced me to CeCe and we really clicked. We started working together and she introduced me to Frank DiLeo. Now they’re both managing me. It’s so surreal. I’m working with the same people who worked with Michael Jackson. Like Travis Payne, the choreographer for the “This Is It” tour. A person can be really intimidated because these people worked with one of my favorite idols. They’re really great people and they’re super-talented.

Does DiLeo tell you stories about working with Michael back in the day?
Yes, all the time. I recorded some of my songs in the same studio Michael recorded Bad. It was really cool. He was telling me all the stories there. They had a room for [Jackson’s chimpanzee] Bubbles in the studio.

Re: Update: Frank has been moved out of ICU / Frank Dileo Hospitalized Fighting For His Life

^I hope that means he's ok :)

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2011/08/12/778119.aspx?id=

This seems to be a recent post about someone he is managing........(which implies he is well enough to be working....which is very good news)

I don't think he's out of the hospital. His cousin on her facebook says that she goes to visit him at the hospital. and this is one of her latest tweets

annamariex0 Anna Marie Drago
I miss my uncle so much :'( can't wait till he pulls through this! #pray ?
20 Aug

I don't think he's out of the hospital. His cousin on her facebook says that she goes to visit him at the hospital. and this is one of her latest tweets

20 Aug

*Sending up more prayers for Frank*

20 Aug

:(

Prayers for him. :angel:

20 Aug

I'm really sorry to hear that...I had hoped the article meant that he was on the mend....Sending prayers and good wishes for a full recovery.

Praying for Frank. T his has been such a long time
he must be very ill :( I hope he recovers

I hope he pulls through as well. I think he cared for Michael, although a little bossy at times.

God speed for Frank. He needs plenty of rest i'm sure.

Oh, boy. I hope Frank is getting better every day. Wish we had some more info.

1314206094-065d_2354951.t-1.jpg
Longtime music industry veteran Frank Dileo, who managed Michael Jackson for much of his ’80s heyday and again during the last months of Jackson's life, died at his home in eastern Ohio at age 63, after a long illness. We just heard the news from a family friend, who said she thinks Dileo passed this morning, though the exact time hasn't been verified. Dileo was the subject of a November 2007 Scene cover piece outlining his storied career. And we mean storied. He worked his way up from the bottom of the music industry to become one of the most powerful men in the biz. During his tenure at Epic Records, he was instrumental in signing or developing the careers of Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper, REO Speedwagon, Quiet Riot, The Clash and of course Jackson. Dileo lived in Nashville briefly in the ’70s and then moved here in January 2007 to start a management business, though he spent much of the last three years in Los Angeles after returning as Jackson's manager, and then handling issues with the late pop singer's estate. His larger-than-life persona landed him a couple of movie roles, most famously as Tuddy Cicero in Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas. Not only did he play the brother to Mafia boss Paulie Cicero, but he was responsible for one of the most legendary mob hits in cinema history, putting a bullet in the back of Joe Pesci's head in the film's climactic scene. An excerpt from the Scene story, about Dileo's ever-present cigar:
There’s speculation that when he emerged from the womb, 60 years ago last month, Frank Dileo already had a cigar in his mouth. Look at the pictures on his office walls and in his photo albums, and more often than not he’s either holding or chomping on a fat, unlit stogie. As a mystique-building accessory, those cigars have long since earned their keep. On the wall of Dileo’s Music Row apartment hangs a framed cartoon by the renowned late cartoonist for the London Evening Standard, Raymond Allen Jackson (known as Jak). An enormous lit cigar, so big that four men are holding it, is coming through the front doors of the Mayfair Hotel. The smoker is not yet visible. The caption reads, “I don’t know about Michael Jackson—but here comes his manager.” Add to the cigar his gold watch, pinkie ring, manicured hands and Music Row-casual attire, and Dileo could be the poster boy for National Dress the Part Week. At 5-foot-2, he looks like he stepped out of Central Casting’s Music Biz Dealmaker file. And whether or not such visual signifiers are essential to success in the music industry, Dileo’s track record—by 21 he was RCA’s national singles director, by 35 one of the most powerful men in the business—proves they certainly don’t hurt. http://www.nashvillescene.com/pitw/archives/2011/08/24/music-industry-veteran-frank-dileo-dead-at-63 :unsure:

Re: Update: Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away / Frank Dileo Hospitalized Fighting For His Life

Deleted - Duplicate post

Re: Update: Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away / Frank Dileo Hospitalized Fighting For His Life

Just read it on Facebook and Twitter. The news just broke.

RIP Frank.

Re: Update *Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away Post 377* / Frank Dileo Hospitalized Fighting For His Life

This is so sad. :sigh:

Re: Update *Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away Post 377* / Frank Dileo Hospitalized Fighting For His Life

RIP Frank

Not really the time to say this, but Frank was going to write a book and tell all.......

RIP Frank, thank you, thank you for everything and most of all for 'loving that kid'

Aw, R.I.P :(

RIP Frank, sad news...

This is really sad news, I thought he was doing better.
R.i.p Frank.

RIP Frank

Oh, no! I just emailed sisterella last night asking to send our love. So, so sad :(

[h=6]rip frank dileo thank you for everything you have done for michael and all the love you have given him throughout the years. We love you so much please protect michael up there!!!![/h]

Back