Reissued INVINCIBLE?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
As most of us know that MJ being a perfectionist has changed some of his tracks on reissues. These tracks include:

OFF THE WALL:
Rock With You
Get On The Floor

BAD:
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal

HIStory:
They Don't Care About Us
This Time Around
HIStory

Well I have a reissued Invincible album and the intro to Unbreakable is different to the original. It has a bang that gets your attention. I brought this up on MJNO a few years back and what was weird was that no one else had heard it and its not a bootleg CD. Its is the only change on the whole album compared to the original release:
http://rapidshare.com/files/211695653/01_-_Unbreakable_-_Michael_Jackson.mp3.html

Really? How'd he change the tracks on the reissues?

Rock With You and Get On The Floor have just been mixed differently.

Bad has some of the trumpets taken out of later versions.

TWYMMF originally didnt have the adlib to fade.

IJCSLY has had the spoken intro removed.

Dirty Diana has been mixed differently and is a few seconds shorter.

Smooth Criminal doesnt have the heavy breathing at the beginning anymore. Plus there is a new bass slide towards the end of the track.

TDCAU has extra drum programming in it plus the obvious Jew & K*ke SFX added.

This Time Around has been reprogrammed to actually start at the beging of track 3 instead of at the end of track 2.

The original HIStory intro was a pre-recorded stock track. The reissued HIStory intro was an original recording which includes bells and is altogether more powerful than the original intro.

And now Unbreakable has a drum/bang sound in the first sec of the track.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the OTW and Bad changes were done on the 2001 versions. But I thought HIStory didn't get a 2001 reissue, so when was it reissued?

Can't download it, limit is 10 times. I really want to hear it.

I'm guessing the OTW and Bad changes were done on the 2001 versions. But I thought HIStory didn't get a 2001 reissue, so when was it reissued?

HIStory didn't get a 2001 issue but there were some changes made to the original album a few months after its release mostly because of the controversy over some of the lyrics in They Don't Care About Us which ended up being edited. The opening of HIStory itself was different on later prints of the album to the one on its original release.

I guess the changes to OTW & Bad were the 2001 Remasters...

I can tell the spoken intor in IJCSLY has been removed and also the heavy breathing on Smooth Crim.

So when were HIStory and Invincible re-released? I have 2 original HIStories, I think they may be the very first as it has they have the little merch leaflet inside. It's hard to know as they would have made the changes without changing the catalogue number and would just replace the initial pressings as a continuation.

I have a later pressing I bought in 2004 and they must be the edited version. I think it may be identifiable by the info stickers on the cover. The first has a Dangerous era pic on it and the later ones have one similar to the Earth Song cover or a smaller sticker with just the album details on it.

I don’t know how to tell about Invincible though, I got one original in 2001 and another copy in 2004 which was sealed and did not have the info sticker on the cover. I don’t have them with me here as they’re at home, and am at Uni… am curious to check though;) Lv x

Last edited:
yea I think this would be good, boost the sales of the album some more, introduce it to people who havent heard of it as it never received a great deal of promotion like the other albums.

Actually no.

OTW and Bad were changed a few months after their initial release respectively. Except Smooth Criminal where the changes were done in 2001. (Remove breathing and bass slide added)

Same with HIStory. HIStory was changed after the controversy of the They Don't Care About Us lyrics.

Unbreakable Intro (Reissue):
http://www.mediafire.com/?3bqs1bziloe

Wow.thanks for that! when i saw the title of this thread, i just about jumped out of my skin! any excuse to get another copy of Invincible. great intro! now if ony they would reissue it officially...:(

i havent heard it but i would like to hear it. i like it when michael does something a little different.

I think they should re issue Invincible and give it a proper promotion. Maybe redo some of the more unpopular tracks and replace them with something better.

I think they should re issue Invincible and give it a proper promotion. Maybe redo some of the more unpopular tracks and replace them with something better.

Invincible is 8 years in the past. Let it go and move on to the new album coming.

Agreed. I don't see what effect the new BOOM should do in the song. It's not that much of a difference, so what difference does it make on the listening experience?

The only explanation I can come up with is that listeners might be confused about the original intro, 'cus it was so low - so they would think the CD hadn't started properly - think it was broken, etc. Is that a possibility? It may not even be Michael's work, but Sony's?

The only explanation I can come up with is that listeners might be confused about the original intro, 'cus it was so low - so they would think the CD hadn't started properly - think it was broken, etc. Is that a possibility? It may not even be Michael's work, but Sony's?

Interesting theory. However I dont think Sony can touch MJs music with his authority.

Actually no.

OTW and Bad were changed a few months after their initial release respectively. Except Smooth Criminal where the changes were done in 2001. (Remove breathing and bass slide added)

Actually, The Smooth Criminal remix was definitely done prior to 2001. I have a pre-special edition copy of Bad from sometime in the 90's which does not contain the breathing sounds and the bass is different.

I outta check the four copies of Invincible I have to see if any of them have that bang thing.

I have a pre-special edition copy of Bad from sometime in the 90's which does not contain the breathing sounds and the bass is different.

You're right about pre-SE having the breathing removed.

Actually, The Smooth Criminal remix was definitely done prior to 2001. I have a pre-special edition copy of Bad from sometime in the 90's which does not contain the breathing sounds and the bass is different.

I outta check the four copies of Invincible I have to see if any of them have that bang thing.

four? lol well i got 13, so i'll tell u that no.

it doesn't feel like 8 years ago. it feels timeless. people shouldn't be told what to let go of.

I love Invincible. The member wanted MJ to repromote Invincible and put replace some tracks on it. This is why I said to let go because Sony nor Michael are going to do promotions for and 8 year old album when there are new projects on the horizon to promote. ;)

How many times has Sony and Michael pimped out Thriller to the public? If they are going to do that to an album 25+ years old, they can do it to an album less than 10 years old.

The original HIStory intro was a pre-recorded stock track. The reissued HIStory intro was an original recording which includes bells and is altogether more powerful than the original intro.

HOLY CRAP! I've never noticed that before, lol.

The re-recorded into is a different arrangement too, I'm not even sure if I like it as much as the first version.

I haven't listened to my edited copy of the HIStory album since I was a kid so I never noticed the difference by the time I got one of the original copies, which is the one I usually listen to. I kinda like the vintage stock sound better.

I love Invincible. The member wanted MJ to repromote Invincible and put replace some tracks on it. This is why I said to let go because Sony nor Michael are going to do promotions for and 8 year old album when there are new projects on the horizon to promote. ;)

well..let's put it this way. there are countless seen and unseen ways to promote something. if he performs requested songs from Invincible at o2, then, that's a way to promote the cd, too. even if it's unintentional, it would work. i know i would download it song by song...and those songs are available...

Back