Really nice interveiw w David Gest

Either david gest kept the burnt toast or the sun feels they need to shows us a picture of burnt toast INCASE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE....schmucks

Gest provided mj with the last great 2 nights on stage, he got to see all these artistspa their respects and honour him..He got to perform in his country with his brothers in a lonnng time..Hegot to have his mum and dad watch him..He got alot on those two nights and I think he looked back and was retty happy it happened regarless of technical mistakes or that he was on paiinkillers blah blah..That was a grat gift david produced and might not have ever happened..There has never been a tribute night like that in his life that honoured mj so much..Welll Done Davi Gest for letting us see michael perform certain songs for the last time and to perform with his brothers...

Gest would sue if this article was fake so i guess he regurgiated stories he has said before but I like it and he loves the jackson and the jackson live himm..Watch the clip of when he inteviews katherine jackson..Only someone who is a close famiy friend could ask what he asked the Jackson Mother ! lol...Remember what he said? About giving birth lol

He also has a wonderfully dry sense of humour which is one reason he was liked so much in Britain and one reason he won I'm a celebrity. When he says his weddin photo looked like they were from the Addams Family..He knows how to poke fun at himself and that is admirable..But also tose stories he makes upwith sexual names for his friends...He is wonderfully odd and unique

would love to meet him to thank him

He stuck by mj and is a true friend..No question..Him and elizabeth taylor..two very close freinds of mj who he could rely on

I don't really know what exactly to think of David Gest yet, but from what I have seen...I can see why Michael could have liked being around him. Because he seems to be very funny. :lol: That story about him starting to talk with a weird fake accent and MJ laughing hard at it...I coudl just PICTURE it. Made me laugh! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for posting the article. I enjoyed reading it and thought some parts were very funny. I didn't know David and Michael were friends for 40 years! I guess we only heard about him when he married Liza.

Also, that photo booth pic of them is too adorable. Too bad they both had low self-esteem about the way they looked because both looked fine to me, esp Michael. ;) I wish Michael had stopped listening to the plastic surgeons and taken David's advice that 'enough is enough' concerning the plastic surgery.

What a nice article. :cry: It's always great to read these kind of articles..thanks for posting this.

“I started talking in a dumb fake foreign accent and Michael started laughing — she slapped him across the face and told him not to be rude to foreigners! No one had ever done that to him.”

Awwww, she slapped him. I can just imagine Michael laughing at that though. lol. Cute. I wonder what exactly his reaction was to that...

What a nice article. :cry: It's always great to read these kind of articles..thanks for posting this.

“I started talking in a dumb fake foreign accent and Michael started laughing — she slapped him across the face and told him not to be rude to foreigners! No one had ever done that to him.”

Awwww, she slapped him. I can just imagine Michael laughing at that though. lol. Cute. I wonder what exactly his reaction was to that...

I bet he was first like :lmao: at David. Then when that lady slapped him he was probbly like :bugeyed for a second but then right after that he probably looked at David sheepishly like :shifty: (you know like, "She doesn't know who I am! Muahahah!) and then was like :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: in the end (because he probably thought it's so funny he got slapped by some lady for "being rude to a foreigner"..who was actually his FRIEND...and she didn't have a clue she just slapped MICHAEL JACKSON! I bet he thought that was hilarious! :lol:)

Nice article. You can tell who his real friends were by what they say about him.

Cool, but i thought he had a crush on Beyonce not Kelly Rowland????, i dont know, i LOVE Henry VIII story also!!!!!

dont you think Beyonce is prettier than Kelly (at least the face), ummm, he's lying there, the Black Eyed Peas su*c today

“The waitress was in her seventies and had no clue who Michael was.

:hysterical: that was hilarious!

i thought michael didn't like eminem?
he liked the Eminem and Dr. DRE working together, and dont forget the others like Beyonce, (who i used to like, but now im pretty like she should have thanked Michael more, so im desappointed with her actually, i thought she was so good, but you know, i guess its really hard to say a "Thank you Michael, this is for you" when recieving an award, i mean she always named Michael, but anyway, one day new generations will do it properly:yes:

Wow until today I wasn't sure what burnt toast look like.....LOL thanks to THE SUN! Their So Stupid! LMAO! And they need to stop calling him that name, his name is JACKSON! DAMN! But, nice artical.

i refuse to click on the sun co uk link (UK tabloids just like USA tabloids are full of shyt - esp the SUN) so can somoone just post what David said (will disect and figure out if the sun fabricated it or not) - I dont trust the sun

Awww poor mike lol

i refuse to click on the sun co uk link (UK tabloids just like USA tabloids are full of shyt - esp the SUN) so can somoone just post what David said (will disect and figure out if the sun fabricated it or not) - I dont trust the sun

cut n' pasted:

TO the world, Michael Jackson was an enigma. While his music dazzled and amazed, his behaviour often baffled and shocked.

But to TV star and music producer David Gest, one of the people who knew the King Of Pop best, Jackson was a loyal friend who made him laugh and gave him memories to treasure.

In the second part of his exclusive interview with The Sun, David reflected on his 40-year friendship with Jackson, who died last Thursday aged 50.

David, 56, said: “There is nobody who knew Michael like I did. He was so gifted, it’s hard for me to picture him gone. There is a whole side to him people never saw.

“For instance, people always think of him as talking in that high, soft voice, but he didn’t really speak like that — it was a facade.

“Still to this day I am not sure why he did it. The Michael I knew talked like a real man, acted like a real man and shook a hand like a real man.”

David, who has made millions as a concert promoter and TV personality, was 16 when the Jacksons family moved into a mansion only a short drive from his own family home in Encino, California.

He first got to know Michael Jackson when he called at the house to take the Thriller star’s sister, La Toya, on a date.

David said: “It was just puppy love, nothing serious. La Toya had the flu so Michael — who was nearly 12 at the time — asked me to drive him to a memorabilia sale. I had no clue what memorabilia even was at that time.”

The outing proved to be the start of a life-long friendship — and a shared love of shopping, collecting and eating in fast food restaurants.
And despite the huge personal wealth Jackson enjoyed at the height of his career, David revealed that the superstar always loved a bargain.

He said: “He loved haggling over the price in stores. If something was $4,000 (£2,400), he would cheekily start them at $200 (£120). He was an arch negotiator. People thought he was absolutely nuts but he actually got away with it sometimes.”

David told how Jackson was always incredibly generous with his friends.

He said: “One time when we went to Disneyland he bought me more than 200,000 dollars-worth of rare memorabilia, spent about the same on himself and had three limousines come and collect it all.”

David added that he and ***** were inseparable as young men.

He said: “We were best friends — always staying over at each other’s houses, living in sleeping bags or going on trips together.

“We both loved music and would often play a game where we tested each other on which artists had sung which songs. If I won I got to keep one of Michael’s stage costumes. If he won he got some of my film posters or a rare piece of Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix memorabilia.”

David, who called Jackson ‘M’, told how the star always kept up to date with music and revealed his favourite contemporary artists were Beyonce, Eminem and Dr Dre, the Black Eyed Peas and Kelly Rowland — whom he had a crush on.

He added: “His all-time favourite vocalist was Whitney Houston. Michael always said she could sing the Yellow Pages and it would sound great.”

Fans of the singer will no doubt be fascinated to learn that Man In The Mirror and Heal The World were *****’s favourite songs from his own body of work.

David added: “She’s Out Of My Life and One Day In Your Life were his favourite of the ballads.”

In the late Seventies, David and his pal embarked on another shared hobby — plastic surgery.

David, who found fame in the UK on the 2006 series of TV’s I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, said: “Michael and I had always felt insecure about the way we looked.

“Michael became obsessed with the idea of having plastic surgery. He would say to me, ‘Don’t you want to look better?’

"So I went for it in grand style — even though I have a huge ego I have always felt I was never good-looking — so I got a nose job, cheek bone implants, a second nose job, even bigger cheek implants, and the removal of those cheek implants when I ended up looking like a chipmunk!

“After each operation Michael would always come over to my apartment in Beverly Hills and look after me.

“He would play me music, make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and burn the toast unmercifully.”

By the early Eighties David began to regret his own surgery, but Jackson showed no signs of slowing down.

David said: “I begged him not to have any more, I said, ‘Your nose is perfect’, but the plastic surgeon we were using kept encouraging him to have more procedures.

"I believe he was just trying to keep the relationship going with Michael, but he wasn’t being honest with him.
“Even his family tried to say enough is enough. This guy made a fortune on my nose, Michael’s nose, Janet’s nose and La Toya’s nose. Tito and Jackie were smart, they left their noses alone.”

David explained that the key to his enduring friendship with Jackson was he always treated him like a “normal” person.

He said: “When we would take a trip together, I would always make Michael get out of the car and fill up with gas. He would say, ‘Who is the star here?’ and I would say, ‘When you are with me, I am!’

“We would always go to McDonald’s, Michael loved their French fries, or KFC. He loved that chicken, although he would take the skin off because he thought that made it organic — that would crack me up.

“I remember we once went to Disneyland. He was in disguise and we watched Captain EO, a Disney 3D movie which he starred in.

“When we came out I said, ‘You were brilliant’ and he went, ‘Oh thanks, have you only just realised?’. Then when we got home I made him Moonwalk in my kitchen — then I tried it and fell flat on my face!”

David also revealed that Jackson was a voracious reader with a passion for classic literature.

He said: “What a lot of people don’t know about Michael is that he was always reading. He was an intelligent man. His favourite poet was Robert Burns and he was obsessed with the novels of Charles Dickens.

“He would scour antique bookstores looking for first editions of his work.

“He loved Shakespeare and got me into the plays too. He was also fascinated by English history, especially Henry VIII, and loved collecting costumes from that period.”

David told how Jackson passed this love of books on to his own children Prince Michael Jnr, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year-old Prince Michael II.

He said: “He home-schooled the children and always had them reading the right books. He was a great father, but he was strict. He believed in manners and showing respect to adults and behaving properly. Michael loved being a dad, he should have done it years before he did.”

David also refuted claims by Jackson’s former nanny, Grace Rwaramba, that the children were nervous around him, and he said: “They loved Michael with all their hearts.”

And he told how he believes Jackson’s mother Katherine — who was yesterday awarded temporary custody of his children — should raise them in Jackson’s absence.

He said: “Katherine is a natural. She has raised so many children — she was even like a mother to me.

“Michael loved his mother more than anyone and would want Katherine to raise the kids. I hope Michael’s ex-wife Debbie Rowe will not challenge this, for the kids’ sake.”

It has been well documented that Jackson’s relationship with his father Joe was less harmonious.

David witnessed this first-hand when he spent time in the Jackson family home as a teenager.

He said: “Michael was scared of Joe. Michael and I would take trips just to get away from him. Joe was always demanding but he wasn’t a bad man — he perhaps went about things the wrong way but what he truly wanted was more for his kids than he had.

“Joe eventually mellowed and Michael didn’t resent him like people think he did. Later in life, they got to know each other and made peace.”
The family, and David, stood firmly by Jackson when the star faced a third set of child molestation allegations in 2005 brought by 15-year-old Gavin Arvizo. After a four-month trial, the singer was found not guilty.

David said: “When he went through that trial, my heart bled for him, because he was innocent.

“Michael loved spending time with kids because they didn’t expect anything from him. Accusations always came from the parents. Michael loved being around children because of the childhood he missed out on.”

David also believes Jackson never recovered from the emotional and financial strain of the court case.

He said: “Michael was never the same afterwards. It was a terrible thing to be accused of, especially when there was a district attorney hell-bent on proving he was guilty.

“There were friends of his — I am not naming names — who turned their back on him at that time. I just thought. ‘What a bunch of p***ks’.”

But while David stuck by Jackson in the bad times, he insists they shared mostly good times together.

He said: “The Michael Jackson I will remember was smart, articulate and made me laugh. His death was a huge shock but it brought back so many happy memories. I will remember the time we went into a pancake house late at night after watching The Four Tops perform on Sunset Strip.

“The waitress was in her seventies and had no clue who Michael was.

Michael famously acted as best man when David wed his now ex-wife, the singer Liza Minnelli.

David joked: “Michael, Liza, Elizabeth Taylor and I looked like the friggin’ Adams Family in those wedding pictures. They are really scary to look at, but Michael made a very touching speech.”

All around David’s London flat is the evidence of his lifelong love of collecting. And Jackson memorabilia, much of it signed, features prominently in his collection, which is worth around £10million.

One signed photograph carries the poignant hand-written message: ‘To David Gest. Remember, unbounded immortality is yours, just create it. Michael Jackson, 1998.’

David said: “There will never be another Michael Jackson — he was a musical innovator, a great dancer and you know what else? He was one hell of a friend."

Last edited:
Glad to know Michael's cooking skills rival mine.. I am like a fish out of water when I am in the kitchen.. Michael was lucky he cld afford a chef, I on the other hand am not rich and must suffer and eat my own "creations"..

ROFL@the lady poppin' Mike in the face..

Very nice interview,I enjoy reading this.

But why the hell they bold the nose job part?

i only have one thing to say Michael's tastes on this interview given by other person(not him) completely collapse with the ones Michael himself gave in the filmed interview with Brett Ratner

i prefer Michael himself speaking (the Brett Ratner interview Michael did is the BEST EVER)

But nice article i bet half of the things were invented, but hey!, it all works now:scratch:

David Gest is Tito's friend, and just a friend of Michael's through Tito. I'm sure David Guest knew Michael well, but think David Guest was of more of a very trusted associate than a real close friend of Michael's.

now I want a toast (even burnt), but I am on a diet *sigh*

overall, loved the article. he really sounds like a good friend of Michael's. it's nice to know he had such people in his life.

Back