reaction at death of mj !!!

I remember i was still in bed and my mum barged into my room and said "MICHAEL"S GONE!" i was like huh??? so i rushed to the tv and watched it in disbelife and sadness

I was watching CNN and they said he had been taken to the hospital. Something inside me sat up and said 'Oh, NO!" and I was just hooked from then on. I watched everything--all the videos on MTV and I saw stuff I hadn't seen before, also the Bucharest Concert. There was no one who understood my feelings as they were not affected as I was. I remember someone asked me about him and I didn't know the answer to those questions so I started to research, watch videos, just learn more and more, stuff I didn't know. I grew up with MJ as the background to my life. I had a chance to see him once when he was in Oakland with his brothers, but I couldn't get anyone to go with me and I didn't want to go alone, so I never saw him live. The more I read, the more I cried, the more I loved him and understood how great he was /is--what an amazing person, artist, visionary, leader, global figure way ahead of his time. Then I wanted to defend him from the false charges and smears. When MJ said "People don't know me"--that was so true--and they still don't b/c of all the lies floating around.

Here's a comment I came across on a blog and I thought it was moving so I want to share it:

josie oppenheim † on 14 December 2009 #

As a baby boomer I followed Jackson not much past “Beat It.” I thought he was a genius but just didn’t get too excited about “Thriller” and so lost track of his work. Through the tragic years of disfigurement and scandal I felt always sympathetic and I did not lose sight of what I thought was genius. Still I was not interested, particularly. When he died I was surprised at how little I felt. Then a cousin sent me a video of a live performance of “Billie Jean.” I was stunned; it was so extraordinary the most extraordinary performance it seemed I had ever seen. So began my current obsession. I stayed up night after night watching the proceedings on Larry King and I watched the videos. My sense of tragedy is now unsurpassed by any public figure that has died in my time. There have been great men who have died but genius is genius. Genius is understood by the primitive and emotional centers of the brain to be supernatural and godlike no matter how destroyed is the personal life of the genius. Geniuses do things we could never do, they are above us because they can do more than we can. Michael Jackson is neither the “king of pop” nor “the greatest entertainer that ever lived.” He was a genius. I think that is why prisoners and nuns line up to dance his dance and sing his songs as tribute. If you don’t watch the videos of “Billie Jean,” “Man in the Mirror,” “Dangerous” and “Smooth Criminal” you don’t know what it’s about. But once you see these videos and more you will have to acknowledge, it seems, that this boy who grew up with us is in fact someone to revere for his genius and to grieve for as if a personal loss has occurred.

I was watching CNN and they said he had been taken to the hospital. Something inside me sat up and said 'Oh, NO!"

I had this same feeling. When I heard that he had been taken to the hospital and no one even knew what was really happening... My heart raced and something inside me said: This is not good .... something bad happened with Michael. :cry:

My dad phoned me to tell me he seen on the news that Michael had a heart attack, I kind of shrugged it off because it seemed unlikely to me.. About 15 minutes later my dad phoned me back to tell me that Michael had passed away, he told me to go watch the news. I couldn't believe when I was hearing, my heart stopped. I think I phoned every person I knew! The next morning I sobbed like a baby.

Rest In Paradise Michael :cry:

Back