• Yes, 1st type.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Yes, 2nd type.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Yes, 3rd type.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
Re: r u vegeterian? what type?

It really amazes me sometimes how many items they can manage to put animal products into. Geez. I'm getting pretty good at reading labels by now. I didn't know about sugar, though, or the whey and casein, so thanks for the heads up. unfortunately i just found out about gelatin a few months ago so I had been eating it while I was supposedly "vegetarian". :doh: anyway, I've been without all dairy products for almost 3 days now. Not much, but it's a start. just got to work on finding all natural soaps, shampoos, etc. I know some people only do dietary veganism but to me it seems more of a way of life.

You can use unbleached sugar. Sugar, flour, and salt aren't naturally white. Turbinado sugar is unbleached also. If I bake something I usually use stevia. It's sweeter than sugar, it's not a carbohydrate, so you don't get a "sugar rush". It's kinda costly though, but 1 teaspoon of stevia is equal to about a cup of sugar. Stevia is a plant so it's not chemicals like NutraSweet and other artificial sweetners.

I just don't eat any meat, but I do eat fish, and eggs and that kind of stuff. But no meat at all.
fish is meat. They have flesh. Flesh = meat. :doh:

I'm the second type of vegetarian. No meat at all. I'd love to become vegan but it is not at all realistic for me at the moment. I've been vegetarian for more than 2 years now :) since I was 16.

i prefer not much meat however havin said that ~
*throws my sprouts about *:lol:

It really amazes me sometimes how many items they can manage to put animal products into. Geez. I'm getting pretty good at reading labels by now. I didn't know about sugar, though, or the whey and casein, so thanks for the heads up. unfortunately i just found out about gelatin a few months ago so I had been eating it while I was supposedly "vegetarian". :doh: anyway, I've been without all dairy products for almost 3 days now. Not much, but it's a start. just got to work on finding all natural soaps, shampoos, etc. I know some people only do dietary veganism but to me it seems more of a way of life.

I know, when I say I can't have milk and egss, people often think I can't have a glass of milk and a boiled egg:smilerolleyes:. They don't know you almost can't bake anything without using eggs and milk. I always have to read the ingredients of everything I buy. People often stare when I do that but I don't really care about that... At least I know what I'm eating. Some people don't even know butter and cheese is made of milk:mello:. I could always eat Lays crisps untill a few weeks ago when I found out they suddenly changed the recipe and now they put milk powder in their crisps:eek:. WHY do they do that? Don't they always claim their product is more pure then ever?! :doh:I'm proud of the fact that I grow some of my own vegetables:D. And I can proudly say I didn't use ANY pesticides or herbicides :yes:. And it really is a way of life :yes:

she didn't exclude chicken, and chicken is white meat.
Turkey is also white meat and some people even see veal as white meat.

I know, when I say I can't have milk and egss, people often think I can't have a glass of milk and a boiled egg:smilerolleyes:. They don't know you almost can't bake anything without using eggs and milk. I always have to read the ingredients of everything I buy. People often stare when I do that but I don't really care about that... At least I know what I'm eating. Some people don't even know butter and cheese is made of milk:mello:. I could always eat Lays crisps untill a few weeks ago when I found out they suddenly changed the recipe and now they put milk powder in their crisps:eek:. WHY do they do that? Don't they always claim their product is more pure then ever?! :doh:I'm proud of the fact that I grow some of my own vegetables:D. And I can proudly say I didn't use ANY pesticides or herbicides :yes:. And it really is a way of life :yes:

Wow, 3 vegans on this thread so far. :dancin:

Yeah, I know what you mean, most people are pretty clueless about veganism. luckily no one ever seems to go in the health food section of the store I go to but me, so no one ever sees me reading all the ingredients, lol.

lol @ people not knowing butter and cheese are made of milk. that's as bad as me getting asked all the time, for some reason, "so, can you still eat potatoes?" my response: "umm...yeah, they're vegetables, right?" :scratch:

:( I didn't know that about Lay's. Is that all Lay's, or just certain kinds?

that's cool that you grow your own veggies. I have some herbs in the garden, and tomatoes, but that's about it.

Wow, 3 vegans on this thread so far. :dancin:

Yeah, I know what you mean, most people are pretty clueless about veganism. luckily no one ever seems to go in the health food section of the store I go to but me, so no one ever sees me reading all the ingredients, lol.

lol @ people not knowing butter and cheese are made of milk. that's as bad as me getting asked all the time, for some reason, "so, can you still eat potatoes?" my response: "umm...yeah, they're vegetables, right?" :scratch:

:( I didn't know that about Lay's. Is that all Lay's, or just certain kinds?

that's cool that you grow your own veggies. I have some herbs in the garden, and tomatoes, but that's about it.

Well, they put it in most of their crisps except for the salt one :yes:. I've read them all and when they don't put milkpowder in them, they put butter or ?sojalecitine?(don't know hwat that is in english) and I can't have that either. A lot of people just don'tthink about what they eat... They believe all those sweet are orange, red or yellow because they put real 'healthy' strawberries, lemons or oranges in there:doh:. All those sweets are just nasty... cowbones and crushed scale insects... eeeeeew:bugeyed LOL.

im a vegetarian (the type that doesnt eat meat)

I could never be a vegetarian, not to mention vegan. I like my meat, yummy yum :blush:

Really? How stupid could someone be...

I'm a type 2 for 3 years. Just couldn't enjoy eating meat anymore knowing that these animals probabely were caged up their whole life, never saw a ray of sunshine etc.

I want to become type 2. I just hate the taste of meat and it makes me feel sick.

Back