R. Kelly Tribute Video--It's a Good One

That was beautiful. It almost made me tear up a bit.:( It things like this that remind me that he is gone and how much I will always miss him.:cry:

maybe there is no official song because it still does not seem real..People are obviously going on with life but it is like mj is still there in some fashion so there are able to function propoerly..It is hard to explain but it's like the world is saying ''Ok we know he still here, so thats cool..Lets get on with things.''...But i just feel noone in the music world quite comphehends music without michael

The bits where mj starting dancing and the urban crowd started screaming..Coz he was busting some ghetto moves there..that gave me goosbumps

maybe there is no official song because it still does not seem real..People are obviously going on with life but it is like mj is still there in some fashion so there are able to function propoerly..It is hard to explain but it's like the world is saying ''Ok we know he still here, so thats cool..Lets get on with things.''...But i just feel noone in the music world quite comphehends music without michael

The bits where mj starting dancing and the urban crowd started screaming..Coz he was busting some ghetto moves there..that gave me goosbumps

:yes: I agree. Also, so many other things have been goin' on, that it may not be until next year that we see "official" tributes, though there have been a LOT of unofficial ones, which is sweet.

I think/hope there are some big plans in the works that we'll probably see next year on June 25th & August 29th.

For example: http://www.michaeljacksonimaging.com/

I can't stop watching this tribute because to me it is the rawest tribute done by another artist..R kelly was blessed and honoured to work with mj and he knows it and through him , he has become a wonderful and even better writer and singer..

The words to 'You are not alone' have another meaning now and the chorus has such a different poignant meaning since his passing..It conveys soo many different things now that what it did before he died..Amazing how a song can have so many different interpretations in relation to the moment.. a touch of his talent in just a snippet of a song...Quite amazing to watch this moment on a big screen..But overly glad it has now happened, i can't tell you

But they way he is filmed in the car, this wonderful angle..He just looks like a god..Big and commanding, on this big screen..looking down on the audience..showcasing just

But going back to the tribute..I had ALWAYS wanted to see a crowd reaction to mj dancing in the car...And now i have it and it blew me away how relevant mj always is..It was one of my most favourite moments in the private home movies because it is a pure example of mj being candid and spontaneous and living for the moment..Just instict and feeling..NO one can look so smooth dancing in a car..NO ONE.

Did you also notice that mj smiled each time the crowd cheered..It was as if it was a live recording and he could hear the crowd as he was dancing..Watch it again in this way and see, it is quite eerie..But they go willlld each time he busts a move, because most of the moves are club moves so that is one reason the r kelly crowd is so hype..He knows exactly what move to do for each line, it is quite incredible.

And then you have the beautiful song that is just emotional to the core..The pictures complement the lyrcs beautifully and the end line is wonderfully constructed, as is the whole song..It is from the heart.

Like mj's life , don't focus on 'the controversy' because we don't know the whole story..Look at the good and the content of the goodness of the human being.

I'm crying so hard right now. My heart is broken because Michael is gone. But still, that video was beautiful.

That was wonderful, thank you!! R. Kelly is REAL , and we need more real people about.
Made me laugh when everyone goes crazy seeing Michael's actions for "bounce, bounce, bouce" :rofl: from 6 years ago!!

That was such a heartfelt speech. :wub: "Michael being gone is like... our musical breath being taken away"

Then I heard the song. :cry: omg... Here we go again..... That's the best tribute for him so far!

Last edited:
Great!!

Loved him talking about the memories.

I know what you mean. Part of me still thinks that I am gong to turn on the news and find out it was all a big illusion or he was in the witness protection program or something and that he isn't really gone. It still does't really seem possible. Even though I have come to terms with his death in some ways. I think part of me will always believe that he's still here.

I can't stop watching this tribute because to me it is the rawest tribute done by another artist..R kelly was blessed and honoured to work with mj and he knows it and through him , he has become a wonderful and even better writer and singer..

The words to 'You are not alone' have another meaning now and the chorus has such a different poignant meaning since his passing..It conveys soo many different things now that what it did before he died..Amazing how a song can have so many different interpretations in relation to the moment.. a touch of his talent in just a snippet of a song...Quite amazing to watch this moment on a big screen..But overly glad it has now happened, i can't tell you

But they way he is filmed in the car, this wonderful angle..He just looks like a god..Big and commanding, on this big screen..looking down on the audience..showcasing just

But going back to the tribute..I had ALWAYS wanted to see a crowd reaction to mj dancing in the car...And now i have it and it blew me away how relevant mj always is..It was one of my most favourite moments in the private home movies because it is a pure example of mj being candid and spontaneous and living for the moment..Just instict and feeling..NO one can look so smooth dancing in a car..NO ONE.

Did you also notice that mj smiled each time the crowd cheered..It was as if it was a live recording and he could hear the crowd as he was dancing..Watch it again in this way and see, it is quite eerie..But they go willlld each time he busts a move, because most of the moves are club moves so that is one reason the r kelly crowd is so hype..He knows exactly what move to do for each line, it is quite incredible.

And then you have the beautiful song that is just emotional to the core..The pictures complement the lyrcs beautifully and the end line is wonderfully constructed, as is the whole song..It is from the heart.

Like mj's life , don't focus on 'the controversy' because we don't know the whole story..Look at the good and the content of the goodness of the human being.
I really love what you said. Nice overview of the tribute. You can be sure there are many MJ fans among the R.Kelly fans at the show. And yeah, R.Kelly got fans from all backgrounds, but black people takes a huge percentage of the whole number. I read elsewhere the clip shows Mike busting some what you called "ghetto moves" in the clip, hence the crowd's especially loud cheer at some points. I don't know exactly what the moves are cuz I'm Asian, but can relate to that type of pride:yes: I'm Korean and when I see another Korean doing it big, I feel it, so yeah I can understand and I'm not even one of the most patriotic people. After he passed, I saw many young black people are proud of him like, "MJ is one of us!" and they seemed to know he's from ghetto, just like some of them are. It made me feel real good:)

This one, besides Stevie Wonder's tribute at the Staples Center, made me cry most...Thank you Robert again.

Last edited:
i cried my heart out while listening this ....the most beautiful tribute.So touching,so sincere...

Back