Questions on apollo 2002 performance and UNITED WE STAND CONCERT Merged - pics and video pg 3

lmojackson

Proud Member
omg where is these entire show i cannot find it anywhere

ok what was the setlist for both of the shows

i need to view these shows

for the united we stand show wasnt the setlist

HEAL THE WORLD

MAN IN THE MIRROR
AND WHAT MORE CAN I GIVE

and for THE APOLLO SHOW
BLACK OR WHITE
HEAL THE WORLD
DANGEROUS

plz help mne out on the info and post vids thanks much love-

Re: Questions on apollo 2002 performance and UNITED WE STAND CONCERT

I think we will never see the tape.
only dangerous

Isn't it strange that there isn't any home video recodring of united we stand? At normal concerts everyone is filming?

u wont find them anywhere lol. only audio from man in the mirror,theres a vid 4 WMCIG i dont think ive seen the WATW vid,and apollo only about a few minutes of dangerous was aired due 2 copyright or sum ish lol

For C-Span, I guess technically we could sue them and serve a subpoena for the full tape.

But that's an aweful lot of work. =]

For C-Span, I guess technically we could sue them and serve a subpoena for the full tape.

But that's an aweful lot of work. =]

your siggy is...is.... oh my God "AMAZING"

it was 2001, right? i guess not THAT many had cameras or mobiles so it wasnt recorded by private persons? thats the only reason i could think of... hmmm... too bad anyway... really sad. especially for the appollo performance. must have been GREAT.

The topics come up 100 times......It's sux that the few times MJ performed in the new millenium less than half of the performances were televised/taped. I've heard MITM from the UWS was sung live, but I highly doubt it and there is also very few pictures from the event. BOW, and HTW have also never even seen the light of day. And again very few images exist of these concerts......go figure.

I was at United We Stand. As you can imagine, the security measures were intense. As I recall, cameras were prohibited. However, didn't VH1 or MTV actually air the show?

I was at United We Stand. As you can imagine, the security measures were intense. As I recall, cameras were prohibited. However, didn't VH1 or MTV actually air the show?

Either way did u c MJ's performances? If so was MITM shoddy?

thank all yall for clearing this up and so we will never see this footage oh boy

At the United We Stand concert everyone was physically searched before being permitted into the arena. They wouldn't allow my main camera because it was a professional camera. They didn't allow anything with a detachable lens or any video cameras. The event was extremely intense with security. There were armed men walking the top and once inside you were not permitted to leave the event for any reason and come back. It was definately interesting. The concert was aired on tv but it wasn't the whole thing.

At the United We Stand concert everyone was physically searched before being permitted into the arena. They wouldn't allow my main camera because it was a professional camera. They didn't allow anything with a detachable lens or any video cameras. The event was extremely intense with security. There were armed men walking the top and once inside you were not permitted to leave the event for any reason and come back. It was definately interesting. The concert was aired on tv but it wasn't the whole thing.

again we hear about the security issues from ppl who were there, but how was MJ's MITM peformance?

Michael wasnt allowed to be shown on the TV broadcast due to a contractual agreement with CBS for the "30th anniversary shows" Thats why on the peroformance of "What more can i give" they dont say Michaels name and there are no close up's of him.

I would definitely would like to see all of the Apollo songs from MJ, and I remember Diana Ross was singin' with him on HTWorld if I'm correct.

IMG_0064.jpg

I think that song "What more can I give" is so appropriate.

Last edited:

Michael wasnt allowed to be shown on the TV broadcast due to a contractual agreement with CBS for the "30th anniversary shows" Thats why on the peroformance of "What more can i give" they dont say Michaels name and there are no close up's of him.

That's right! Also, the United We Stand performance of Man In The Mirror was supposed to have be aired at the 2002 AMA before his Artist of The Century award. He was expected to perform and the Grammys therefore he couldn't perform at AMA so instead they were going to play that performance, which in the end they didn't and it pissed everone off. I still have the clippings/articles of that somewhere, about how Michael pissed everyone one off for not performing or show a video of his performance.

RS

again we hear about the security issues from ppl who were there, but how was MJ's MITM peformance?

I was there! The only thing they let me in with was my Little Disposable cam and those did not take video back then! lol! I remember all the dues with the yellow shirts! hehe! what was funny is that somehow My group did not stand in that long line and was able to get through! lol I even got my mom on the floor when it was time for MJ to perform. There had to be tape because remember they were filming cause MJ wanted to do the song again and they would not let him. Everybody stood still when he want to do WMCIG again!

I guess cause of that contract MJ had with CBS for the 30th aniv shows..he was not to be seen performing on stage alone prior to 30th aniv show. Would be nice to someday see that performance again! Unitl then I have my memories...:cheeky:

wow they were so strict i guess because of 9/11
i can hear mj saying no cameras no video cameras

I would definitely would like to see all of the Apollo songs from MJ, and I remember Diana Ross was singin' with him on HTWorld if I'm correct.
omg are so serious i havent seen it and somebody post apic of that?

omg can you explain that contract?

That's right! Also, the United We Stand performance of Man In The Mirror was supposed to have be aired at the 2002 AMA before his Artist of The Century award. He was expected to perform and the Grammys therefore he couldn't perform at AMA so instead they were going to play that performance, which in the end they didn't and it pissed everone off. I still have the clippings/articles of that somewhere, about how Michael pissed everyone one off for not performing or show a video of his performance.

RS
wowo i didnt know he was suppose to do mitm at the ama wowowo

can somebody post a pic of diana and mj performing heal the world?

I'm also shocked we don't have a HQ audio of audio from 30th Anniversary, preferably September 10... The amateur video's audio is not good at all except for one of them which is decent but it skips during moonwalk on Billie Jean...

But then again, out of the 80 or so HIStory and Dangerous concerts, about 20-30 were recorded on amateur cameras; 10 or so on audio recorders. It's important to mention that the audio captured by the amateur footage is nearly always awful... It is not so with audio, about 60% of audio recordings are REALLY good, almost pro-like. The only decent audio video concerts would be Dangerous Stockholm (which is incomplete, anyways), Oveido (same), HIStory Gelsenkirchen (which has frame rate issues and BOTDF is incomplete), HIStory Wembley July 15 (in which the tape was stepped on by the uploader's little brother before the full video was uploaded; we have full audio :()...

Amateur footage isn't always good as more recent concerts occur; people start to rely on simpler methods of filming the concerts; like cellphones and digital CAMERAS which aren't as well made as a camcorder. An HQ audio recorder is better than using such things.

That's disappointing the stuff about MITM not being broadcast... :(

I've long heard that BOW was sung live at Apollo. A fan claimed about a month ago that her friend in London had a private recording of it, but until I see proof I'm not going to trust it...

TSCM - Can you PM me in the direction of this fan? I might be able to trade. This weekend I'm planning to get a private recording of Stevie Wonder, MJ & Wade Robson perfoming 'BAD' in Brisbane, 1987.

can somebody post a pic of diana and mj performing heal the world?

These are all the pictures we have (that I know of) of the event in NY

1.jpg

10.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

There has got to be more though. It's a shame we can't see these performances :no:

I was also at the United We Stand concert. It really sucks what happened there. MJ was supposed to do a good number of songs, but it was cut short. The concert was running too long. It ended up being like 10 hours total. The subway in DC had to be held open late to accomodate the concert goers and they couldn't hold it any longer so they MJ could only do a few songs in order to end the concert in a timely manner.

Back