Questions about Michael Jackson's suprise appearance with N'sync

Hi ,

Well, i do not really like the history tour because sometimes he does not look that "into it", but then again i've only seen a few billie jean performances.

I have to be honest though, i have not seen the performances at the WMCIG charity concerts. What did he perform there ? Do you have a link please ? All i've seen is the performance in which he sings WMCIG with several (many) celebrities behind him.

Are you referring to the performances during the which he has the American flag wrapped around him ? I've seen a pic or two but no video. I think what you call "WMCIG concerts" are in fact the MJ and friends concerts.

I guess we won't agree about the quality of the Nsync appearance lol, but to each his own :). I hope i did not sound aggressive in the post you quoted, if so i apologize :).

I'm referring to the Germany and Seoul charity shows from 1999, MJ and Friends (it was also promoted under the name of WMCIG).

His dancing during the breakdown of BJ during most HIStory tour performances was incredible and IMO showcased some of his best ever dancing. Far superior to his BJ performances during the Bad and Dangerous tours and a million times better than his performances from 2001.

Watch this performance from the MJ and Friends show in Germany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_6feY_5D0I

The breakdown of Billie Jean begins at 3.32. His robot-type moves around 4.30 are incredible. Compare this dancing to his N Sync performance from 2001 and you'll see a HUGE difference in quality.

Thx for the link MattyJam ............. but i still LOVE the Nsync performance lol. :)

I had already seen this performance. Let's just agree to disagree, to each his own :).

But you've gotta admit, his dancing on that clip I showed you was pretty amazing, right?!

But you've gotta admit, his dancing on that clip I showed you was pretty amazing, right?!

Lol you're too cute. :)

Ok, yes i did like it. I got a question which might sound off topic, um, how does he spin like that ? For example, in the video u gave me, at 3:25 (don't jump on me Matty i know he can spin longer than that lol), how can he spin for that long ?

I can't because i get so dizzy, plus my balance sucks. I've heard of spotting. Like, i tried by watching a spot on the wall as much as possible while spinning, i.e throw my head back so i can keep on watching the spot. It does not work for me. When mj spins, his neck is not moving da much, that's the way i'd like to do it.

Ok, yes i did like it. I got a question which might sound off topic, um, how does he spin like that ? For example, in the video u gave me, at 3:25 (don't jump on me Matty i know he can spin longer than that lol), how can he spin for that long ?

I can't because i get so dizzy, plus my balance sucks. I've heard of spotting. Like, i tried by watching a spot on the wall as much as possible while spinning, i.e throw my head back so i can keep on watching the spot. It does not work for me. When mj spins, his neck is not da moving, that's the way i'd like to do it.

Don't ask me. I dance like an old man, it's all pointing and the occasional awkward hip movement.

It is incredible watching him spin like that. In the Scream video he spins at least six times in a row.

Don't ask me. I dance like an old man, it's all pointing and the occasional awkward hip movement.

It is incredible watching him spin like that. In the Scream video he spins at least six times in a row.

Lol, give my fingers some rest you're forcing me to write now lol. Cause, in the scream video i think it's a special effect my friend. I hope this news does not hurt your feelings......... :p

Last edited:
Hi :),

Well, i do not really like the history tour because sometimes he does not look that "into it", but then again i've only seen a few billie jean performances.

I have to be honest though, i have not seen the performances at the WMCIG charity concerts. What did he perform there ? Do you have a link please ? All i've seen is the performance in which he sings WMCIG with several (many) celebrities behind him.

Are you referring to the performances during the which he has the American flag wrapped around him ? I've seen a pic or two but no video. I think what you call "WMCIG concerts" are in fact the MJ and friends concerts.

I guess we won't agree about the quality of the Nsync appearance lol, but to each his own :). I hope i did not sound aggressive in the post you quoted, if so i apologize :).

The "mj and friends concerts" ARE the "WMCIG" ones. Hence the t-shirt i got at the munich show has "what more can i give" written on it. The show where he had the flag is "United we stand (what more can i give)"

I think his dancing was spot on considering..

1. None of the songs Michael has performed to before have such a high tempo, and it wasn't a song he had choreographed himself

2. His "chair" was actual a girl laying on her back..

3. From the start N'Sync made a huddle around him which probably constricted his movement, similiar to the end of YRMW where Usher and him are about to collide and Michael has to execute a hasty sidewalk

I can't because i get so dizzy, plus my balance sucks. I've heard of spotting. Like, i tried by watching a spot on the wall as much as possible while spinning, i.e throw my head back so i can keep on watching the spot. It does not work for me. When mj spins, his neck is not moving da much, that's the way i'd like to do it.

I love the spin ur referring to, its long, but kinda slower than usual and looks sick!!1 its all about balancing on the heel of one foot, and the ball of the toes on the other. At least thats what i have gathered from watching close ups in slow motion, and it works for me=)

The flow and feel of the music in the nsync dance was as good as anything you will see..period..He felt every sound of that music

His popping might not of been as solid but it ws a wonderful example of feel for music and dancing inside it and becoming the instruments you hear.

I personally liked his bj dancing in 2001..He didn't do the convential move after move you usually see in previous tours..One night he started with the moonwalk in one spot and then full moonwalk but for last 30 seconds he did freestyling which he never really did in those spots

I think the performance was great...He was incredible...His timing in the end was off, when he sat down..it looked sorta awkward...but ...meh...who cares...

Back