Proof that Michael Was a Marilyn Monroe Fan

CherubimII

Proud Member
Rare photo Shows Marilyn Monroe with JFK, RFK

By Alan Duke, CNNcnnAuthor = "By Alan Duke, CNN";
if(location.hostname.indexOf( 'edition.' ) > -1) {document.write('June 1, 2010 -- Updated 1757 GMT (0157 HKT)');} else {document.write('June 1, 2010 1:57 p.m. EDT');}June 1, 2010 1:57 p.m. EDTJune 1, 2010 -- Updated 1757 GMT (0157 HKT)

var clickExpire = "-1";
t1larg.monroe.kennedy5.km.jpg

Robert F. Kennedy, left, Marilyn Monroe and President John F. Kennedy in 1962 photo taken by Cecil Stoughton. Historian Arthur Schlesinger is on the far right. Singer Harry Belafonte can be seen facing the camera in the rear

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Rare photo taken after Marilyn Monroe sang for JFK's birthday
  • Photographer said Secret Service seized all other JFK-Monroe photos
  • White House photographer kept photo secret for decades
  • Tuesday would have been Marilyn Monroe's 84th birthday
Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Marilyn Monroe's sultry rendition of "Happy Birthday" sung for President John F. Kennedy's 45th birthday celebration marked the actress' last major public appearance before her mysterious death in August 1962.........

Tuesday, which would have been Monroe's 84th birthday, marks the public debut of a rare image of Monroe with Kennedy and his brother Robert F. Kennedy together after the May 19, 1962, party......

"There is no other known photo of Bobby [Kennedy] with Marilyn or JFK with Marilyn, and it's not because they were never photographed together," said filmmaker Keya Morgan, who now owns the only original prints of it. "In fact, they were photographed together many times, but the Secret Service and the FBI confiscated every single photograph."

Stoughton, who sold the prints to Morgan a year before his death in 2008, told him agents missed one negative in their search, he said.
"The Secret Service came in when he was developing the negatives and basically confiscated all the ones of Jack, Bobby with Marilyn," Morgan said. "The only one that survived is the one that was in the dryer."

Singer Harry Belafonte is seen in the background with his wife, talking to a man that Stoughton told Morgan was comedian Jack Benny.
Beverly Hills art appraiser David W. Streets, who reviewed the prints and their history for CNN, called them "the real McCoy."

"This is a very significant piece of American and celebrity history, of fine art photography," Streets said.

Stoughton made and signed 10 prints for Morgan, 30 inches by 30 inches. Nine of them go on sale Tuesday at the Art & Artifact Gallery in West Hollywood, California.
:)
The 10th print was given to singer Michael Jackson two years ago, Morgan said. Morgan was a friend of the pop star's, who was a big Monroe fan.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/06/01/marilyn.monroe.birthday.photo/?hpt=C2

Michael was a fan of old Hollywood. He loved movie stars from that time so it doesn't surprise me if he was also a Marilyn Monroe fan.

yes! I know I asked if he was awhile ago. Thanks for posting...thats awesome. what about James Dean I wonder too....

Re: Proof that Michael Is a Marilyn Monroe Fan

I meant to write:
"Proof that Michael Is a Marilyn Monroe Fan"
Unlike the media I don't won't to ever refer to
Michael Jackson in the past tense.:better:

That does not surprise me....I am sure that he liked her acting ability AND her curvaceous look. Gotta love that Michael..:)

To me marilyn was adorable, soooo beautiful, women of that era were different,

and Lisa Marie looks like one of those Pin Up women, you know, shorty, all curvie, blue eyed, she looks like a pin up girl (At the time she was with Michael) now she is pretty but doesnt look that much as a golden hollywood actress as she used too.(still pretty though)

I kinda always figured he was a fan of Marilyn Monroe. Just a feeling.
Very nice. :)

10zut6h.jpg

2k46r.jpg

m9vsp1.jpg

she was fly and unique i loved her style there can never be no other Marilyn Monroe

In the Aphrodite Jones book while she described what he had in his house, there was a mention of Marilyn.

Yep, I have seen a photo of his books and he had a lot of books on Marylin (also on the Beatles/Lennon and Elvis). Also lots of black history books. But the most books he had on Walt Disney.

Since we are posting Marilyn Monroe pictures.
Here's three I know Michael Jackson will Love.
ENJOY, MICHAEL!!

marilyn_monroe.jpg

3472955390_f6d933b1c6.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I have seen a photo of his books and he had a lot of books on Marylin (also on the Beatles/Lennon and Elvis). Also lots of black history books. But the most books he had on Walt Disney.
I never read a book about Marilyn. :doh: I know that Randy Taraborrelli recently wrote a biography about her. I'm curious to read.

It didn't suprise me.. I already knew it. Michael and Marilyn is one of the two people I really love :)..
Here is some picture
26673063.jpg

tl_mj-mm.jpg

Michael had this in his home Neverland
mj-house-marilyn.jpg

This remind each other :p

nvtelen34415.gif
post38511231936352.gif

I'm not surprised. She was blonde, gorgeous, and an old hollywood star with style and grace. I've been a fan for years. I absolutely love Marilyn.

That's a beautiful cover.

I've only read one book about Marilyn, "Marilyn" by Norman Mailer. I believe it was originally published in the early 70's. I read the paperback which belonged to my mother.

scan0013.jpg

That's a beautiful cover.

I've only read one book about Marilyn, "Marilyn" by Norman Mailer. I believe it was originally published in the early 70's. I read the paperback which belonged to my mother.

scan0013.jpg
This cover is wonderful. :wild: I love to read this book, but I think today it is impossible to find it to buy. :lol:

This cover is wonderful. :wild: I love to read this book, but I think today it is impossible to find it to buy. :lol:

And it has nice photos in it too. You're right. I think the book is out of print now, even in paperback. But there are used copies on Ebay.

Back