Previous Support Acts?

it was already CONFIRMED that the "news" about Signature being an opening act was a HOAX (fake report)

it is NOT true, meaning that Signature is NOT gonna be an opening act

Actually Neyo is a better live performer, nothing like signature come on, and he has written more hits for people in the last two years than anyone.

Yeah kim wilde supported mj, kris kross dj bobo rozala some australian group and some dance group the singer was some blonde girl can't remember the name though

There was also some black group they were really big at the time can't remember their name either though. Don't knw where they went

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the History tour there were different supporting acts in each country?

I'm not mistaken, "Dede" opened in Sweden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6W8Psvkoxk

EDIT: "DeDe was the only Swedish artist in Michael Jacksons opening act in 1997 at Ullevi stadium in Sweden."
From her youtube.

I wonder who the others were, maybe Mike had an entourage that opened up at all concerts then.
Yeah! On the second leg he had 2 support acts on every show... Human nature, who where on the tour, went on at every show right before Michael and a local act used to open the show! In Germany he had Tic Tac Toe, Sabrina Setlur and Sister Sister open the shows... I don't really remember the other support acts on that tour, as they where mostly, well actually all of them, crap! In '96 I think he only had one support act per show! In eastern Europe DJ Bobo and in Holland, like already mentioned, Total Touch!

Human Nature thats the boy band from Australia

Rozala and kris cross supported on the dangerous tour

I don't think that Michael choses the support acts.
It's most likely the record labels or venues or whoever has a say in this. But not Michael himself. The support acts have almost always been very crappy....
Well, usually the venue has no say in choosing the support acts... on smaller tours, which don't have a support act with them, the concert promoter sometimes adds local support acts! But on bigger tours it's mostly done by the main artists themself or the record company, if the main artist doesn't take any interest in it... so either Michael has very bad taste or he just doesn't care who opens and let's it be done by the record company! ;)

lol, i was just thinking, wouldn't it be hilllarious if lily allen opened with, "fuck you" to a backdrop of this huge screen showing alllll the known haters of mj like sneddon and haleprin and the guy from tmz and etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. x10000

lol :rofl:
sorry, couldn't help it :p

I actually liked total touch...they were not bad at all.
There was a act in Belgium however that made my ears bleed (ouch).
Human Nature were okay too.

But as people say here already, MJ is not known for having great support acts.
Ive seen people with great support acts (Cypress Hill and Xzibit opened up for Eminem in spring 2003 for example).
I hope this time Michael will have a nice support act (I am hoping for Mika hahaha ).

I don't think that Michael choses the support acts.
It's most likely the record labels or venues or whoever has a say in this. But not Michael himself. The support acts have almost always been very crappy....

Michael personally chooses his support acts as he likes to give back by allowing others to get some time in the spotlight. His tours are perfect for that due to his massive audience.

Anyway, D-Influence were support act at Glasgow Green Dangerous Tour August 18th 1992.

for me signature are great, but you will never be as shocked as the first time you see the guy with the brush, because you didnt expect him to come out.. it was shocking but later you know that the brush man will be coming. but in my opinion they should have won britains got talent they were much better than George Sampson !!!

Back