Previous Support Acts?

Derek22

Proud Member
There has been alot of speculation regarding who will be Michael Jacksons's support acts for the concerts at the O2.... names that have been linked are Signature, Akon, Ne-yo etc, but in previous tours who have MJ's support acts been? Or has he even had any?

The HIStory Tour had support acts. I remember DJ Bobo, Sabrina Setlur, Tic Tac Toe, Human Nature...to name just a few.

crappy dance /euro bands for the most part no one of any repute

Also Rozalla on the Dangerous tour and Culture Beat somewhere on the '93 leg! Kim Wilde and, I think, Taylor Dane on parts of the Bad tour... but yeah, for the most part he had crappy support acts!

Suleman-Mirza from Maximum Jackson

As I am currently in the USA I now have been given permission to give the following information.
Myself and Madhu are going through some fine tuning for our opening act for Michael's tour.
We have been commisioned to dance 2 numbers for the opening act, 1 of which will open the main start of his show.
We will be performing our rendition of "billie jean", followed by a collabaration with myself and Michael of "Dangerous"

It was a long and hard negotiation to make as we were fighting off a great performer "Navi".

We are very honoured to have this opportunity, we hope that this information is of use to the fans around the world.

See you at the O2

Suleman

Amazing! :)

But have you actually seen/heard Signature? Yes they can perform but not to a high enough standard. They are like one of the runners up on 'The X Factor' who has like one album then plays in Butlins for the rest of their lives.

Yes I saw the Signature and I like them .
but the debate between more talented and less talented, it's useless.
Michael Jackson is who decides what is best for "his" return.
We want to trust him?

yeah um the whole idea of the Signature act is GREAT dont get me wrong. but to Open for Michael Jackson ummmmm who is doing 'the songs my fans want to hear' Michael will be performing ........ CRAP!

Who the HECK wants to see a tribute/impersonator BEFORE the REAL DEAL!? Give me a break.

Hey if they were performing in like an interlude or whatever in a break to keep the crowd pumping or heck even at the after party, go for your life! Would be fantastic. But as an opening act its bloody stupid and ridiculous.

As for "competing against Navi" LOL LOL LOL! A lot of fans can dance better then him. So yeah um, Navi should stick to the whole decoy thing in my person opinion

^^yeah
I think these guys are great, but as an opening act..not sure and when he said they are peforming DANGEROUS with Michael jackson..well.. is that the opening song? dangerous?
this will be interesting..

I wanna trust MJ's descision as I know how great he is at this..all of this..and I just can't believe he would make a terrible choice?

I'm very 50,50 about this

I'm 50/50 about it too. It seems crazy.
But, what if it is some sort of a gimmick type thing. Not a straight up real support act, but a part of a skit or something where Suleman pretends to be MJ and there is some little plot line and the real MJ makes an explosive appearance or something like that.
I don't know, I am just making it up.

Don't want any impersonators as support... it's stupid and ridiculous and I hope it won't happen!

I think it would be cool if the Black Eyed Peas would open for a couple of shows.... there was a report, that they would want to do it!

I'm still so sure that Ne-Yo is going to be the support act for July 8th.
isnt he on tour around the same time? i know some of his 02 shows were moved. think one was due the day after mj. neyos ok but it will be like having signature performing(obviously to a higher level) neyos about as wannabe mj as u can get. be kinda embarassing him trying to do his mj impression b4 the real one comes out

isnt he on tour around the same time? i know some of his 02 shows were moved. think one was due the day after mj. neyos ok but it will be like having signature performing(obviously to a higher level) neyos about as wannabe mj as u can get. be kinda embarassing him trying to do his mj impression b4 the real one comes out
Apart from the fact that he won't open for MJ at the O2 one night and then play the O2 by himself the next night!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the History tour there were different supporting acts in each country?

I'm not mistaken, "Dede" opened in Sweden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6W8Psvkoxk

EDIT: "DeDe was the only Swedish artist in Michael Jacksons opening act in 1997 at Ullevi stadium in Sweden."
From her youtube.

I wonder who the others were, maybe Mike had an entourage that opened up at all concerts then.

Apart from the fact that he won't open for MJ at the O2 one night and then play the O2 by himself the next night!
that aswell lol

yeah there were different supports acts for different legs etc it changed depending on where the shows were

No man , Neyo and Akon are both bad singers ..
thats my opinion ..
Please give us someone else

Yes I saw the Signature and I like them .
but the debate between more talented and less talented, it's useless.
Michael Jackson is who decides what is best for "his" return.
We want to trust him?

highly agree with you ,

~i remember kris kross :D , um and ..olive . ...and rozella for past concerts ,

well....who ever it is , its gonna be wicked :wild:

and stargal ~i agree witcha.. lilly allen roxs too :punk:

Why are signiture being slated for not being "reptuble" enough to open for Michael all you have to do is look it his past support acts to no that they are on the same calliber!

I mean come on....its not like michael is known for having massive artists open for him, so why would it change this tour!

Signature are amazing live the show the put on in the arena are mind blowing , they get the audience hyped up and are incredibly entertaining- when they perform at arenas they have a large professional team dancing with them it incredible!

I don't think that Michael choses the support acts.
It's most likely the record labels or venues or whoever has a say in this. But not Michael himself. The support acts have almost always been very crappy....

i remember on the History tour 2nd European leg there were always rumours that the 3t will be the support act (the Viva teletext used to write that) and it was such a big disappointment for me when i saw instead of them Human Nature as a support act :lol:

Back