post your IJCSLY CD single serial number

Mine has no serial-number like yours...

2ld1w.jpg

Mine is 08029, which I uploaded the .jpg scan to the Discogs page: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=3652726

I bought 4 of these at my local Walmart a couple days ago, and 3 outta the 4 had normal serial #'s but the last one was blank :eek: I haven't opened it, it's still factory-sealed in shrinkwrap. Anyone wanna make me an offer on it? *lol* It's probably a rare collectors item to someone out there!

n6k5j.jpg

Oh also, I'm not sure about the 30,000 number - that could be correct. But what I do know with 100% certainty is that there will never be more than 100,000 of these CD singles pressed up, because of the way that the numbering scheme is laid out. There's only 5 digits you can see from the .jpg scans, so therefore the highest # that can ever be printed using just 5 digits is only 99,999.

Considering there's only around 3,000 Walmart stores in the US, that works out to about 33 CD singles per store (which of course doesn't count online orders, which is honestly where a lot of their sales numbers will come from). I think "I Wanna Be Where You Are" was smart to snatch up as many as he could (especially at such a cheap price! $1.88!) because these very well may turn out to be great collectors items someday.

I think The only CDs that have serial numbers are the "Wallmart exclusive" and they come in hard plastic case
not the soft vinyl cover.

I think The only CDs that have serial numbers are the "Wallmart exclusive" and they come in hard plastic case
not the soft vinyl cover.

Ok. Mine is not from Wallmart - but it is in hard plastisc case.
But I don't really care much about serial number. - It's not like this release will ever be worth a fortune or anything. :)

I'm travelling to L.A. next week and was planning on buying the Wallmart edition when I get there. I wonder if there'll be any left in the stores.. I already have the Australian version, but I really want the Wallmart one as well!

I'm travelling to L.A. next week and was planning on buying the Wallmart edition when I get there. I wonder if there'll be any left in the stores.. I already have the Australian version, but I really want the Wallmart one as well!
To insure you will get one you can order online at wallmart.com and select to pick it up at a wallmart store . You just have to pick the store on the Wallmart site you want it delivered to if you know it. That may not be applicable to your situation but its just a thought.

20120605220518.jpg

Why are fans buying multiple CDs?
1) I might be able to understand this if they thought this CD will be a collector's item in the future and would gain value over the years, but it won't. There are no more than 99,999 copies printed in the US (more worldwide) but that IS ALOT of copies for a CD single that isn't being actively promoted and isn't going to be a hit in the true sense of the word. This will NOT be the top selling single in the US or anywhere else. Items only increase in value when there are relatively few items and a strong demand for them. Neither of these are true and I can't see that changing. It would be a better investment to hunt down the original 80s single IMO.

2) I might be able to understand it if the song was right on the edge of becoming a #1 single and people were buying extra copies to gain a victory over a rival artist. It's not going to top the singles chart (except for maybe the CD only chart which is irrelevant), so buying additional copies will not help its chart status.

Why do fans want multiple copies (e.g. 24!!) of a CD single that isnt worth anything to anybody but us fans?
Honestly I'm not criticising you for doing it - you can do what you like as far as I'm concerned because it's your money - but I'd like to understand the thought psychology behind it.

Can somebody please explain?

EDIT:

I just found out that according to Billboard IJCSLY entered the Billboard 'Hot Singles Sales Chart' at #1 with sales of only 5000 copies sold.
(This chart counts physical (e.g. CD) singles.)

To put it into perspective the No1 single on the digital songs chart was Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" which sold 284,000 copies (down 6% from the previous week).

Judging from some of the numbers printed in this thread, after the 1st week of sales which is generally going to be the largest week due to mass buying by hardcore fans, there should still be tens of thousands of copies available in the US to buy. (It could be up to almost 95000 copies but I now doubt they printed anywhere near that number)

Last edited:
To insure you will get one you can order online at wallmart.com and select to pick it up at a wallmart store . You just have to pick the store on the Wallmart site you want it delivered to if you know it. That may not be applicable to your situation but its just a thought.

I'll have to look into this. Thank you for the suggestion :flowers:

Why are fans buying multiple CDs?
1) I might be able to understand this if they thought this CD will be a collector's item in the future and would gain value over the years, but it won't. There are no more than 99,999 copies printed in the US (more worldwide) but that IS ALOT of copies for a CD single that isn't being actively promoted and isn't going to be a hit in the true sense of the word. This will NOT be the top selling single in the US or anywhere else. Items only increase in value when there are relatively few items and a strong demand for them. Neither of these are true and I can't see that changing. It would be a better investment to hunt down the original 80s single IMO.

2) I might be able to understand it if the song was right on the edge of becoming a #1 single and people were buying extra copies to gain a victory over a rival artist. It's not going to top the singles chart (except for maybe the CD only chart which is irrelevant), so buying additional copies will not help its chart status.

Why do fans want multiple copies (e.g. 24!!) of a CD single that isnt worth anything to anybody but us fans?
Honestly I'm not criticising you for doing it - you can do what you like as far as I'm concerned because it's your money - but I'd like to understand the thought psychology behind it.

Can somebody please explain?

EDIT:

I just found out that according to Billboard IJCSLY entered the Billboard 'Hot Singles Sales Chart' at #1 with sales of only 5000 copies sold.
(This chart counts physical (e.g. CD) singles.)

To put it into perspective the No1 single on the digital songs chart was Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" which sold 284,000 copies (down 6% from the previous week).

Judging from some of the numbers printed in this thread, after the 1st week of sales which is generally going to be the largest week due to mass buying by hardcore fans, there should still be tens of thousands of copies available in the US to buy. (It could be up to almost 95000 copies but I now doubt they printed anywhere near that number)

Those are good questions! I'm buying them to hold on to, in case they DO increase in vaule (which they definitely will, that's 100% guaranteed). The price now is $1.88 which is ridiculously cheap. Look at the prices on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/csc/CDs-/307/i....kson+just+can't+stop+loving+you&LH_Complete=1 -- they're selling for anywhere from $5 to $15 each. And that's WHILE there are still copies available for sale in the US for a fraction of the cost! What happens when those copies run out? (which let's be honest - it may take a year or two, but believe me they WILL run out whether the printing run is 30,000 or 99,999 it doesn't matter). The price can only increase, and therefore people who own these will hoard them and not wanna part with them, which will drive up the price.

Case in point, remember the "Thriller" 25 special-edition CD album from Best Buy? The one with the mystery track on the end that was the Morales/Knuckles "Def Thrill Mix" that wasn't listed on the sleeve? I bought one for $10 back when it first came out, and then a couple years ago put it up for sale on Discogs - the final price it went for was $200. I was abolutely KICKING MYSELF that I didn't buy an entire box of them at Best Buy at the time, and now it's too late - they're all gone, and most people who have them now don't even know it unless they kept them sealed in shrink-wrap, with the custom sticker.

So me, I was burned before on foolishly NOT buying multiple copies of something SO cheap, when I really should have. I'm not gonna let that happen to me again, so that's why I bought 4 copies, especially when their priced about as low as a McDonald's hamburger. Maybe 5-10 years from now I can get $20 each for them, maybe even more? Who knows :)

Those are good questions! I'm buying them to hold on to, in case they DO increase in vaule (which they definitely will, that's 100% guaranteed). The price now is $1.88 which is ridiculously cheap. Look at the prices on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/csc/CDs-/307/i....kson+just+can't+stop+loving+you&LH_Complete=1 -- they're selling for anywhere from $5 to $15 each. And that's WHILE there are still copies available for sale in the US for a fraction of the cost! What happens when those copies run out? (which let's be honest - it may take a year or two, but believe me they WILL run out whether the printing run is 30,000 or 99,999 it doesn't matter). The price can only increase, and therefore people who own these will hoard them and not wanna part with them, which will drive up the price.

Case in point, remember the "Thriller" 25 special-edition CD album from Best Buy? The one with the mystery track on the end that was the Morales/Knuckles "Def Thrill Mix" that wasn't listed on the sleeve? I bought one for $10 back when it first came out, and then a couple years ago put it up for sale on Discogs - the final price it went for was $200. I was abolutely KICKING MYSELF that I didn't buy an entire box of them at Best Buy at the time, and now it's too late - they're all gone, and most people who have them now don't even know it unless they kept them sealed in shrink-wrap, with the custom sticker.

So me, I was burned before on foolishly NOT buying multiple copies of something SO cheap, when I really should have. I'm not gonna let that happen to me again, so that's why I bought 4 copies, especially when their priced about as low as a McDonald's hamburger. Maybe 5-10 years from now I can get $20 each for them, maybe even more? Who knows :)

Look like there are some people making money on this walmard CD :D

There is a promotional CD sold for $51.5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jac...pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3cc6cbe29d#ht_752wt_764

is there by any chance that someone could get me one from walmart and send it to me, i pay before you send me. its not in my country yet!!

Back