Poll: Will 'This Is It' be nominated for best picture at the Oscars?

Re: OSCAR VOTER: "MJ's 'THIS IS IT' WILL BE NOMINATED FOR BEST PICTURE OSCAR!"

Well... just the fact of TII being nominated would be wonderful. I agree, it is really difficult it would get that prize, but anyway, dreaming is for free :)

... just to think he was thinking about working on film actually.... life is such an irony...

Re: OSCAR VOTER: "MJ's 'THIS IS IT' WILL BE NOMINATED FOR BEST PICTURE OSCAR!"

If Sony is willing to put the money into campaigning the movie for the Academy Awards, could have a decent chance.

IDK. . . heard that Oprah's movie 'Precious' is also getting some Oscar buzz. I've no idea what other movies are being considered for best picture.

Yeah, there hasn't been a WHOLE load of great films this year like last.

I think that UP has a pretty good chance at a nom, and even a possible Win (though other than the first 10 minutes I'd say its a rather average film). Public Enemies was crap, but fits the Best Pic. Profile. Star Trek MAYBE but its a little to big-budget action to see a Best Picture nomination.

It'll be a weird year, thats for sure. But then again, stuff can be nominated for Best Picture right up until Christmas so there's still time for those last minute "oscar front runners" to be released (most of the best picture nominated films from last year came out right at christmas time)

Elysa Gardner of USA Today gave it three out of four stars, calling it "Equal parts thriller, off the wall, HIStory,"

lol well someone didn't do their research, since there are no OTW songs in the movie

No!!!!!!! It has a long shot from getting the "Best Picture" nomination... But it has a chance of being nominated for "Best Documentary" and it could win. The only major compitition in that catagory would be "More Than A Game", the story about LeBron James and his basketball team. That film got rave reviews from a lot of the film festivals through out the world since 2008.

Back