POLL: Which track should be the 3rd single from Michael Jackson’s ‘XSCAPE’ album?

JEMFTV

Proud Member
What should be the 3rd Single from the Xscape-Album?

This Thread serves as an Discussion Place regarding the third single choice. News or related stuff belongs also here..

Last edited:
Thanks^ Although that poll was a Pretty hard choice for me. Personally, I would say Do You know Where Your Children Are or A Place Wit No Name, Or [Surprisingly,,, for me at least] Loving You. Any One of those 3.. but I voted Slave To The Rhythm to imprint tonight's possible historic event .

:hiya: At some point maybe Chicago too, because the lyrics are so intense and passionate Could be quite a powerful video coming from the storyline.

just saw this

Epic Records chairman L.A. Reid said the BBMA premiere of Michael Jackson's "Slave to Rhythm" did not necessarily mean it would be the follow-up single to "Love Never Felt So Good." "It's certainly one of the songs (being considered)," Reid said, noting they would be studying feedback from Sunday's performance. "We pick the first single; fans pick the second."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/bbma-2014/6092076/backstage-moments-billboard-music-awards?utm_source=twitter

I wanted to pick "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" it is a really great song, but in actuality I'm choosing "Slave To The Rhythm" for the next single.

I think they should go with Slave To The Rhythm since they already premiered it and it's going to be used for the phone's adds. After that, I think all the songs are strong enough to be released, and they should release them all one by one. People are always wary when it comes to posthumous albums, because they believe there can only be weak songs left unreleased, so the best way to get rid of that wariness would be to let them hear those songs so they can see how good they are!

APWNN - catchy, danceable and radio friendly. It would be a perfect single.

Since they already premiered it (and seem to have used that as the official Vevo video), I'd guess that STTR is the front runner for the next official radio single from the album.

Not a bad choice, but I think APWNN should be the 3rd single for sure (or even the 2nd single if they choose to not officially go with STTR).

The second single should be STTR without a doubt! APWNN should be next....damn, all of the tracks could be released as singles.

Slave To The Rhythm should absolutely be the 2nd single!

3rd should be Chicago or APWNN (please be an animated video for either one!).

4th and final (lets be real, we'll be lucky if they push 3 singles, let alone 4) should be Loving You.

I think Slave should be the next single. Then APWNN, but really Chicago is so great too, and Loving You. All of them are great.

But please please make a creative video for whichever they use.

My Own Choices:

Promo-Single for Xperia z2:
Slave To The Rythm

2nd Single:
A Place Without No Name

3rd Single:
Chicago

4th Single:
Lovin' You or Xscape

I don't think Slave to the Rhythm should be a single. It is a great track but it has already lost momentum. Releasing it now wouldn't make much sense, as people would just be like "ok, heard it already next song" lol. I would much prefer Blue Gangsta or Xscape, as long as Xscape was the ORIGINAL, not the raped and totally ruined new version.

tricia70;4012773 said:
I think Slave should be the next single. Then APWNN, but really Chicago is so great too, and Loving You. All of them are great.

But please please make a creative video for whichever they use.

It's really a tough choice isn't it Tricia ? I have to say I co-sign wit you about any possible video. I really hope they take a very artistic approach to whichever single might be coming next. I really hope a video of some kind for some of these songs

Ok for me as of 27/05

A Place With No Name - Lovin it through and through. This song seems to appeal to old and young alike.

Loving you -Perfectly Breezy sweet sounding summer sing along song so I believe somewhere along the line they should release it.

or

Xscape - Truly intense. though I wish it would be the orig. they use, since I feel it has more impact with the breathing, the running.

Personally, not a fave of this following song in any of its forms because i cannot stand to hear m in what seems dire distress mode, :( but it seems to be a catchy, addictive tune for many of the public and some of the fanbase name this particular track a masterpiece with full on emotion so,

Chicago- you can do a lot with it

Last edited:
I think xscape should be the next single though think they will probably use the remix version rather than the orginal

Second single: Xscape
Like in the old days, the title track should become a single.

Third single: A Place With No Name
So every producer is pleased.

No to:

Slave to the Rhythm
> Got enough attention with the animated clip ("hologram") and the Xperia commercial.

Loving You
> Beautiful, but already the first single was about love.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are
> Banging - but what can they bring up as a music video, another Hollywood Tonight? Think it won't happen.

Blue Gangsta
> It's okay, but to me one of the weaker tracks on the album.

Chicago
> Difficult. I think it's too "aggressive", not so much radio friendly.

When I look at the crap that is liked by today's radio and the young public (just see what is the current #1...) honestly I don't know which song would appeal to the general public the most from the album. LOL.

But I think A Place With No Name, Loving You, Xscape and Chicago are the obvious candidates. I think APWNN should be next. They should somehow get radios play and people buy both versions (that could boost sales). Also APWNN is so cinematic that it screams for a video! Just not the "MJ tribute" type video any more, please! Be a bit more creative, Estate/Sony! The song has a good story, the video should reflect on that.

Thriller 25;4014368 said:
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
> Banging - but what can they bring up as a music video, another Hollywood Tonight? Think it won't happen.

Also, it would be Inappropriate now, because of the new stupid allegations.
It would gain some negative reviews i think.

Back