please not hate me, please not get anger

rockstar

Proud Member
i saw this book in my music store :yes: cause i have been collectioning everything is MJ out there before is gone :yes:

here is picture of it :)
MJinsidemagazines003.jpg

Cut MJ's picture out of the cover and keep it. For the rest of the book, throw that shiz in the burner.

It's trash. Here is a review from a non-MJ fan.

Ian Halperin book review – Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson

By Anne Sutherland , The Montreal Gazette July 15, 2009

Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson

By Ian Halperin

Transit Publishing, 287 pages with 55-page appendix, $24.95

It’s finally here, the first book about late pop star Michael Jackson, and there’s a slight sense of lunch-bag let-down.

After all the hype, all the leaks and all the publicity about Montreal author Ian Halperin’s supposedly explosive tome, I experienced more of a small pffft! after churning through the pages.

Unmasked has been called an unauthorized biography. It’s clearly unauthorized, but certainly not a full biography – it doesn’t address the first 35 years of Jackson’s life at all.

Instead, Halperin focuses on the last 15 years of the King of Pop’s existence, and on the author’s own agenda: how he set out to make a documentary that morphed into a book after Jackson was acquitted on charges of child molestation in 2005, the second such case in a little more than a decade.

Halperin has no problem with self-promotion. The introduction to this book is filled with Me, I, Look What I’ve Done, Other Books I Have Written, etc. Granted, he has sold nine exposés – the most recent about Cirque du Soleil founder Guy Laliberté – but we really don’t need the advert, we’re here to read about Jackson

Among the author’s conclusions:

Debbie Rowe, the mother of Jackson’s two eldest children, was paid $6 million for the first child.

Without question, Jackson was gay.

Jackson was not in any way a child molester.

A Montreal realtor says Jackson was interested in moving here after his Neverland ranch was raided in 2003.

The book is divided into chapters and reads like a series of long magazine articles – all the better to excerpt, it would appear.

Because of this format, a lot of the information is repeated, as if we didn’t remember who Hard Copy tabloid-television journalist Diane Dimond is from one chapter to another.

Halperin’s modus operandi to get the dirt on Jackson was to go undercover in his camp, impersonate a hairdresser and speak to anyone who had an axe to grind or a tale to tell.

Some of it is downright laughable, like the idea of this somewhat unglamorous 44-year-old author passing himself off as a gay model or his version of the late Ted Blackman’s account of a conversation he allegedly had with Jackson backstage during the 1984 Victory Tour.

Dead men can’t talk, but I wonder if the long-time Montreal print and radio journalist would like to be remembered as the man who stated Jackson sided with the separatists on the idea of Quebec leaving Canada.

Halperin reports, based on a conversation with a realtor in 2007, that Jackson was looking to relocate to Montreal after his Neverland ranch was raided in 2003 as part of a molestation charge and trial.

Halperin suggests a rationale for such a move: “For some reason, Quebec had always held a special affection for Jackson and it happened to be the only jurisdiction in North America where polls showed that the majority of residents firmly rejected the child abuse allegations against him, perhaps because Quebeckers know what it’s like to be persecuted,” he writes. When I got to the last part of that sentence, I almost dropped the book laughing.

Essentially, this book rehashes the two cases brought against Jackson by pubescent boys in 1993 and 2004. The first resulted in a financial settlement and the second ended in acquittal.

Halperin writes that the first boy, whose parents had been through an ugly divorce, was given sodium amytal by his dentist father for a tooth extraction and then told his dad all sorts of lies under the influence that became the basis for the first case. Halperin’s take is that Jackson mightily wanted to prove his innocence in that case, but was forced by his insurance company and other handlers to settle, to make the story go away.

In the second case, all the gory details, from the boy’s description of the mottled skin on Jackson’s penis and buttocks to the humiliation the singer suffered being photographed naked by detectives, are painstakingly chronicled in the book.

The parade of disgruntled and vengeful bodyguards, cooks and housekeepers who tried to make a buck off the singer leave the impression that Jackson hired from Central Casting for Creeps Most Likely to Sue.

On Page 145, Halperin states that Jackson was gay, but offers little corroboration.

Then he goes on to another subject: Speaking about the Church of Scientology and a perceived plan to bring more celebrities into the fold, Halperin writes that Jackson married Lisa Marie Presley, oddly calling her a lesser known celebrity whom most people had barely heard about before marrying Jackson. In fact, as the only child of the King of Rock ’n’ Roll, Elvis, she certainly was not little-known.

There is a lot of detail on the court cases, but there are also a lot of major typos, entire paragraphs and even pages duplicated as a result of the rush job done on this book.

For the curious who know little about the man, this is a sympathetic book. For hard- core fans, there’s not much new in Unmasked.

i saw this book in my music store :yes: cause i have been collectioning everything is MJ out there before is gone :yes:

I not mad Rockstar
but I am curious
I have 2 questions _ please answer

1, why would you think fans might be mad or upset over
you promoting this book ?

2 Why are you smiling about this book ??

I not mad Rockstar
but I am curious
I have 2 questions _ please answer

1, why would you think fans might be mad or upset over
you promoting this book ?

cause of name of the book :yes:

2 Why are you smiling about this book ??

i'm not smileing about this book :no: i just through it was o.k book my mother buy this book and see read it on the back and she say it's good and it's mean about anything :no:

U know what so sad, most people who didn't know Michael, or wasn't a hardcore fans like us are gonna read that book and believe every word of it. :(

“For some reason, Quebec had always held a special affection for Jackson and it happened to be the only jurisdiction in North America where polls showed that the majority of residents firmly rejected the child abuse allegations against him, perhaps because Quebeckers know what it’s like to be persecuted,”

So Ian Halperin fancies himself a comedian? I'm not laughing. What a ridiculous statement.

Yes, Rockstar. The book is full of lies and the author who wrote the book is a liar and has written many mean articles about Michael. The person who wrote the book you bought, recently wrote an article about Michael Jackson being homosexual and having gay lover-partners. Like the previous poster said, burn this book.. Its no good. Read more about who Ian Harpelin is.. He's not a good man!

I was out at the mall today and saw this book in the window. I felt disgusted because this book is all lies.. its garbage. I wont read any book unless its written by Michael himself.

U know what so sad, most people who didn't know Michael, or wasn't a hardcore fans like us are gonna read that book and believe every word of it. :(
sorry but i wouldn't read a book about elvis or the beatles. im not a fan. i wouldn't even read a book about bob marley and i am a fan.

so this is really the point...no mj books sell. ever. good or bad. cuz honestly, who reads books? lol

rockstar got teh book, im sure it has pictures. if she wants to get the book, then oh well. she'll be like one of five people. lol it may be a collector's item in a few yrs or turn up in the rubbish pile w/ dd

That is one book I will never buy. I had learn my lesson 14 years ago when I had my mother buy me the Unauthorized book. Let me tell you I had read only half of that book and I wish to god I never even read that much of it. That book is nothing book is nothing but tabloid garbage that should be burn. The only thing that is good about that book is the pictures of Michael in it.

Rockstar, nobody is angry at you! I suggest you cut any pictures out of the book and keep them?

The author is NOT a good person. He made up many lies about Michael. He did not know him. By writing these lies, he added to the pain in Michael's life. It's ok.. . you didn't know. Enjoy the pictures?

love,

Victoria

sorry but i wouldn't read a book about elvis or the beatles. im not a fan. i wouldn't even read a book about bob marley and i am a fan.

so this is really the point...no mj books sell. ever. good or bad. cuz honestly, who reads books? lol

rockstar got teh book, im sure it has pictures. if she wants to get the book, then oh well. she'll be like one of five people. lol it may be a collector's item in a few yrs or turn up in the rubbish pile w/ dd

Ok maybe not, but the papers are gonna print little segments of the book and people who read the papers will believe it like they believe everything else.

I am in NO WAY defending Ian Halperin:
By the time Halperin, 44, finished the book, and long before Jackson died two weeks ago,
his opinion of the troubled artist had undergone a 180-degree shift.
"I interviewed all kinds of people connected to the case and kids who stayed at NeverLand,
and my final conclusion today is that he is 100 per cent not a child molester,"
Halperin said in an exclusive interview with The Gazette this week.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...+born+author+Halperin+says/1780321/story.html

Took him long enough.

So what do you think...more lies?

Hi Rockstar. It was very nice of your mom to buy you this book, I'm sure the back of it sounds interesting and I'm also sure that she didn't know what this book was like.

Just keep it for the front cover :) xxx

I think that's a trash book that would hurt Michael immensly if he was alive and I cannot believe fans keep on bringing it up in threads and by that basically promoting it. As if we have never heard about Michael's opinion about tabloid sensationalism and how that hurt him.

Jesus, give Rockstar a break, her Mom bought it for her as a present, she didn't realise what this book was going to be like!

Nice cover :)

Do not worry about other peoples opinion, if you want to read the book I see no reason why you should not...

Might decide to get the book myself, so that I have a chance to judge it for myself and not make my judgement based on what other people say and write...

so u went and bought this? frankly im tired of fans moaning about the media and then continuing to feed the trash by buying them. *goes to listen to tabloid junkie*

I will not buy this book. The price of this book more expensive then tribute to MJ from Life and People. I buy those not this one. And because of Ian did for year to destroy his image and reputation..i hate the author..so I don't consume the product from this person.

I agree with ppl here ,,keep the cover of this book or if not ..please do not place the book near Moonwalk or Dancing the dream because they are not the same class

Back