PICTURES INSIDE-"MJ Cafe" opens at Ponte 16 Resort in Asia

i visited the gallery last june and it was a great experience! i wonder where i can post the photo's here on the forum? some of the most interesting parts of the exhibit (aside from of course the authentic memorabilia), was a simulated billie jean street with tiles made of album covers that light up and an MJ "time tunnel" with album eras and giant MJ images. what i found most interesting was the motown 25 glove (it actually leather) and the swarovski socks, and oh yes, an original MJ sketch rendering of charlie chaplin and a vinyl master of dirty diana. We spent 3 hours there, although the gallery is small, but there is alot to see (and watch because of a big video screen), taking pictures, poring over every exhibit piece and just taking the whole experience in. The staff was very accomodating and friendly, assisting us in taking pics and even lending us their fedoras! twas a great experience, and best of all, its free! =)
p.s. the mug is new! i want that too! the mug that was available at the time i was there was a slim type mug with the "number ones" tippy toes image. Another interesting piece of merchandise they sell are limited edition gloves made of the same leather grain as the original

That all sounds sooooo friggin' awesome!

I may be wrong. I think this Cafe is opened by a fan, who is a very weathy businessman in Macau/Hong Kong, Asia. He bought the glove Michael wore on Motown 25 and other memorabilia. I don't know if this cafe is an "official" one approved by the Estate. Anyway, the pictures of the cafe look great.

I believe the Estate is planning to open a MJ theme restaurant/bar in Las Vegas to coincide the opening of the Cirque du Soleil show. I hope the plan is moving along. I'd love to visit Vegas when the show and restaurant are open.

i visited the gallery last june and it was a great experience! i wonder where i can post the photo's here on the forum? some of the most interesting parts of the exhibit (aside from of course the authentic memorabilia), was a simulated billie jean street with tiles made of album covers that light up and an MJ "time tunnel" with album eras and giant MJ images. what i found most interesting was the motown 25 glove (it actually leather) and the swarovski socks, and oh yes, an original MJ sketch rendering of charlie chaplin and a vinyl master of dirty diana. We spent 3 hours there, although the gallery is small, but there is alot to see (and watch because of a big video screen), taking pictures, poring over every exhibit piece and just taking the whole experience in. The staff was very accomodating and friendly, assisting us in taking pics and even lending us their fedoras! twas a great experience, and best of all, its free! =)
p.s. the mug is new! i want that too! the mug that was available at the time i was there was a slim type mug with the "number ones" tippy toes image. Another interesting piece of merchandise they sell are limited edition gloves made of the same leather grain as the original

now that sounds awwwweeeesooomeeee!!! :clapping::clapping:
The tunnel sounds great and interesting, indeed.

I saw the glove last year in Chile (before it was bought by the owner of this caffe). It's simply amazing. The night they closed the exhibition a group of fans were there and... THEY ALLOWED THEM TO TAKE PICTURES WITH THE GLOVE!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

and I didn't go there!!!!!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed
When I saw the pics, I just wanted to cry :(

Now I have to move to both Rome and China, Hong Kong and Macau.... =)

That place looks cool! Now wouldn't that be a proper place for a MJ fan meet up! :D

That place looks cool! Now wouldn't that be a proper place for a MJ fan meet up! :D
absolutely!
we should choose a date and meet there
but in some 3 years from now... just to get the money to fly there :doh:

now that sounds awwwweeeesooomeeee!!! :clapping::clapping:
The tunnel sounds great and interesting, indeed.

I saw the glove last year in Chile (before it was bought by the owner of this caffe). It's simply amazing. The night they closed the exhibition a group of fans were there and... THEY ALLOWED THEM TO TAKE PICTURES WITH THE GLOVE!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

and I didn't go there!!!!!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed
When I saw the pics, I just wanted to cry :(

hi! how do i post pics? i wanna share shots i took at ponte 16. sorry im a newbie i dunno how =) thanks in advance!!

OMG! Imagine if someone resolved to run away with the glove. :wild:

buuu... no single way out.
there were many guards here and there and the place was not that big to really run away. but the thought of those guys from Julien's running behind my friend... makes me wanna smile!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
hi! how do i post pics? i wanna share shots i took at ponte 16. sorry im a newbie i dunno how =) thanks in advance!!

you have to first upload your pics to a server (for instance, www.photobucket.com) and then you will have the links you can use to post pics here. Those links will look like this:

hope you can share them! :wild:

^^^^ Can't wait for your pics. Good luck with the upload.

20100805656494.jpg

Y'all can add me to the "i want a mug like that" list. It looks soo cool. I usually got 4 of them at the office, but since my Alice in Wonderful mug went mia, thaaat would be a perfect replacement.

I'm so in love with this mug. I want! >>>
crazy_kermit.gif
:lol:

Ok... it's official: you're in love with this Kermit!!!!
:toofunny:

(... well... we are all a bit like that in the official thread of the next album, to be honest....me included.... :ninja: )

Thank you for the pictures!! :) There are so many signed and special items on display, I really really wish I could go there.

Back