PICS - HMV ONLINE - MICHAEL JACKSON STORE : HMV ONLINE Online Shopping & Information Site

Can someone please answer this for me?...cause I am confused! lol I don't have blu ray so I will get the DVD, I want the one that is double disc but is that only being sold in the U.K? I live in the U.S and I have bought Dvd's from over seas that worked fine on my dvd recorder so if I have to buy it from over seas I will but, I just want to know if it will be sold in the US also, so I can then buy it at a store instead of online if I don't have too!

The 2DVD doesn't seem to be available for pre-order to the US.

Is this Soul Train DVD exclusive to Japan only?

Blockbuster are doing deals on Blu Ray players, i picked up a rather tasty Samsung with 3Blu Ray films for £130 which i thought was pretty reasonable.

That's not bad. I think I'll have to do the same.

The stupid thing is that there are so many minutes of unnecessary footage like behind the scenes of the concert about the dancers, band, vocalists... (who cares about them, there is only one hero...), a theater trailer, but the most interesting footage of Michael is available only on Blue-ray...

I think that was deliberate on Sony's part.

Not true. Blu ray will work with any TV with an input connection. If the tav is not HD, you won't be able to watch the HD capability...but you can still watch the movie. it is like watching a 3D movie without the glasses. you lose the 3D aspect, but you can still watch the movie.

That doesn't make sense though. Blu-Ray use HDMI instead of SCART for input, and for a TV to have a HDMI port it almost certainly has to be a HD TV. Blu-Ray isn't like a DVD in terms of visual input. If the massive information on the disc isn't viewed in the 1080p like it's intended for, it may become warped or even unplayable for certain scenes. Just make sure your TV has a HDMI port, and you should be sorted. :)

That doesn't make sense though. Blu-Ray use HDMI instead of SCART for input, and for a TV to have a HDMI port it almost certainly has to be a HD TV. Blu-Ray isn't like a DVD in terms of visual input. If the massive information on the disc isn't viewed in the 1080p like it's intended for, it may become warped or even unplayable for certain scenes. Just make sure your TV has a HDMI port, and you should be sorted. :)

but if you have a ps3 which plays blu rays, you can plug it into a normal tv, and play it that way

just download the bluray xtra. theres not much choice unless u wanna go out and get hdtv,bluray or a ps

no that's not the case. You can buy a Blu-Ray Disc player for a Standard television (although I recommend if you can afford to, to buy a HDTV). The Blu-Ray player will just match the video output to lowest quality rate that's compatible for your standard television. Ironically most Blu-Ray Disc players include standard video cable hookups for standard televisions and often sell separately the component video and HDMI cables needed for high definition output.

why not have all features in both dvd and blu ray discs and if it mean 3 discs for the dvd, then charge a little more for that than the blu ray version. most peopl only have dvd players!

Agggghhhh I don't have blu ray either! Oh well at least I have til Feb to save up for one :)
Thanks for the chart it makes it all so much clearer :)

I'm not going to buy a BR player just for this, but do you reckon the "This Is It" Blu-Ray is the kind of release that will be in print for a few years at least? Or is it best to buy it right away and keep it safe for when we have a player that supports it? Because I can't help thinking there will be an extended version in the future, with more bonus features. I mean we're used to Sony milking the fans for all they've got, so this should be no exception, right?

why not have all features in both dvd and blu ray discs and if it mean 3 discs for the dvd, then charge a little more for that than the blu ray version. most peopl only have dvd players!
cause they want ppl to buy bluray players

Dont buy a blu ray...! The part that arent in the dvd will be avaible on internet and you will download it..

Japan Only

Michael Jackson/Michael Jackson This Is It Premium Record Jacket Mobile & PC Edition [micro SD + USB] [Limited Release]
31.7cm x 31.7cm x 2cm
Price: 70€
2qv9th1.jpg

Back