(PIC) From Streisand to Michael Jackson, Greg Gorman photographs the world's most interesting people

Amazing pics. Wish there were some without the spider lol. That would be awesome.

He really did love all animals didn't he? Because I just don't understand being able to hold or even be in the same room with a giant ugly, hairy, creepy, crawly spider. I am getting chills just looking at these photos. Anyway, they are stunning photos (I prefer there were no spider though, lol).

the picture it's amazing! :)

1. stunning as always
2. ew ew ew. the spider is soo arghhhh. mj must of REALLY loved all animals
3. i lurve the pic with the black lace so much more than the actual bad album cover. does anyone agree???
4. what the photographer said was nice but i still hate the 'tragic' thing...grrrr

I know! he wasn't tragic, the way the world/media treated him was the tragic thing :mellow:

btw, It's amazing how many people don't like spiders :D I'm alright with them the only animal I can't stand are toads, eww :ninja:

I didn't think I like spiders but Michael has the power to turn everything in something special, beautiful and unforgetable.

So the spider doesn't freak me out at all, I think it gives more sensuality to these pictures.

That one with the lace, I wish he would've been allowed to keep that as the original BAD album cover. I mean the one we ended up with is classic, but the lace is just so intriguing....

I also would have preferred the pic with the lace rather than the Bad cover that was used at the end. Why wasn't the lace pic used, does someone know?

About the photoshoot, eww to the spiders :bugeyed, :wub: to Michael. Even though I dislike spiders MUCH it suits to those pictures very well.

I agree with those who say that Michael should have used the lace photo for the BAD cover.

I also would have preferred the pic with the lace rather than the Bad cover that was used at the end. Why wasn't the lace pic used, does someone know?

The oryginal cover was rejected by Walter Yetnikoff, President of CBS Records. The eventual cover was photographed during a 15-minute break from the Bad video shoot.

Even though the lace picture is so beautiful I don't think it matches with the album's title so it could be the reason why it was rejected.:unsure:

Yeah, the lace is very sophisticated and refined, very cultivated, while the song 'Bad', which was also the album's title - this title is painting a street-wise atmosphere with raw, unleashed elements of coolness, therefore the simple album cover of Michael posing dressed in the black outfit with belts and zippers attached seems to very well suit this mood.

I LOVE the BAD cover but I think the one with the tarantulla was more artistic and creative imo, however Alma is right, the outfit suits with atmosphere of the song.

Ya creepy, but sexy at the same time. So inspired, a true angel.
love-094.gif

That tarentula looks real to me.

Hey Alma, did you see that commercial about some new smart phone with vibrant picture quality. The guy has the pic of a tarantula on his display. His phone starts to vibrate on the table during a business meeting and the woman starts screeming and some guy crushes the phone hitting it with his shoe.
bigfyingpan.gif

It could happen to your brooch.
hehehehehe.gif

Hey Alma, did you see that commercial about some new smart phone with vibrant picture quality. The guy has the pic of a tarantula on his display. His phone starts to vibrate on the table during a business meeting and the woman starts screeming and some guy crushes the phone hitting it with his shoe.
bigfyingpan.gif

hehehehehe.gif

:lol:

bigfyingpan.gif

hehehehehe.gif

^^ Lol. I'll sure bear that in mind. ^ The emoticon, that is - too funny. ^

i agree that the actual BAD cover fits the theme more, but to me it seems exactly what it is...Just a 15 minute-no-real-effort-and-time put into it photo. i absolutely adore all of mj's photoshoots and i love seeing him as different character/costumes. it just seems like a waste of a cover to me.

The first Bad album cover was refused but a few years later it was presented in Dancing the dream book. So Michael liked that picture with black lace. But as I know photo with lace is not made by Gorman, it's by Matthew Rolston - he had a contract to work for Bad album cover. But Gorman did photoshoot for Moonwalker and some other shoots for Michael

Back