(PIC) From Streisand to Michael Jackson, Greg Gorman photographs the world's most interesting people

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Greg_Gorman_Michael_Jackson.525w_700h.jpg

From Streisand to Michael Jackson, Greg Gorman photographs the world's most interesting people

Text by Clifford Pugh
Photo by © Greg Gorman
05.16.11 | 8:14 am

For more than 40 years, Greg Gorman has taken photos of the world's most interesting people. More than 125 of them are showcased In Greg Gorman: A Distinct Vision 1970-2010, on display at the Decorative Center Houston through June 3. Recently, the Los Angeles-based photographer picked out some of his favorite images in the exhibit and talked about how they came about.

Michael Jackson, 1987

"Michael was a perfectionist beyond your wildest imagination. Every time we would shoot, he would call me and we'd have a two-hour conversation to discuss what it was we were going to do and how we were going to go about it. He had pet tarantulas; they actually shed their skin. This is the casing of the tarantula that he brought with him.

"He never traveled with a big entourage. He was very genuine and really loved photography. I dearly miss him. He was a tragic individual but an amazing human being."

From Streisand to DiCaprio and Michael Jackson, Greg Gorman photographs the world's most interesting people - 2011-May-16- CultureMap Houston

Such a stunning photograph, never seen it in this high quality before! I remember everyone freaked out when it first got realised because we all thought it was the actual spider, haha! I much prefer this BAD-era look to the buckles and chains etc.

This literally takes my breath away. Stunning!!!

He's more beautiful than words can describe.

Can't wait to go home and save this picutre to my home PC...

Amazing photograph, not sure I could have had that on my face though, I'd have been scared even if it was just the casing!

Wow..are there more pictures from this photoshoot? Would love to see them!!

Kinda creepy but so beautiful at the same time. Amazing. :)

The calmness and depth of spirit he exudes, to top of his beauty... Sigh.. Beautiful. The photo is pure perfection. The tarantula's colors match Michael's skin and hair too, it looks like a jewel almost. ...

Incredible!! Bad era >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I didn't know spiders shed their skin in one piece. I always thought it came out bits & pieces at a time. MJ was a genius...styling his own pictures.

1. stunning as always
2. ew ew ew. the spider is soo arghhhh. mj must of REALLY loved all animals
3. i lurve the pic with the black lace so much more than the actual bad album cover. does anyone agree???
4. what the photographer said was nice but i still hate the 'tragic' thing...grrrr

1. stunning as always
2. ew ew ew. the spider is soo arghhhh. mj must of REALLY loved all animals
3. i lurve the pic with the black lace so much more than the actual bad album cover. does anyone agree???
4. what the photographer said was nice but i still hate the 'tragic' thing...grrrr

Amen to all the above. Although I am alright with those spiders (I can't the ones with impossibly thin legs that just 'hang' in corners) it is stopping me from setting that as my background lol. :)

agree to everyone :) no matter what mj does he's always beautiful??? hehe

uhhhm, can someone tell me where/when this pic was used?

Nice feature..................

He has so many nice interesting things to say about some of the people he photographed!!!

Back