Phantom of the oprah 2 {Love Never Dies}

wendijane

Proud Member
World-famous composer Lord Lloyd-Webber has launched his latest musical, Love Never Dies - a sequel to the award-winning Phantom of the Opera. Set on New York's Coney Island in 1907, 10 years after the Phantom fled Paris, it is co-written by Ben Elton and has taken more than two years to complete.

yay !
~link .http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8297371.stm

Last edited:
I love your spelling error. Sorry for pointing it out but it's hilarious.

World-famous composer Lord Lloyd-Webber has launched his latest musical, Love Never Dies - a sequel to the award-winning Phantom of the Opera. Set on New York's Coney Island in 1907, 10 years after the Phantom fled Paris, it is co-written by Ben Elton and has taken more than two years to complete.

yay !
~link .http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8297371.stm

lol! your thread title made me laugh, thought you were going to make a crack about Oprah in there but think it must just be a mistake :D

I love your spelling error. Sorry for pointing it out but it's hilarious.

someone else who is intrested :wild:

yes ..the error :blush: never mind ~i'l leave it in . for once i dont care bout spellin '~im excited ! yay!:D

Last edited:
Re: Phantom of the Opera 2 {Love Never Dies}

I'm a huge fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber and I LOVE Phantom and am so excited for this! The Phantom of the Opera was the reason I began writing music myself. I'm totally psyched for the Broadway run of Love Never Dies!

PS - Anyone who loves both Michael and musical theatre, feel free to PM or friend me! These are two of the major loves of my life.

i,m a huggggeeeee phantom of the opera fan....my love for musicals started with seeing that musical in the netherlands 14 years ago....and also huge ramin karimloo fan ( playing the phantom in londen)
he will play the leading role in the new musical too!
I saw the musical more then 6 times and next month will be the 7th time *lol*

Ramin will do phantom 2 tho.....7 november he will play phantom the last time in her majestic theatre.....( i,m there..yaaayyyyy)
And hopefully next june when i,m in londen again i can see POTO2

lol! your thread title made me laugh, thought you were going to make a crack about Oprah in there but think it must just be a mistake :D

:hysterical: you lot are SO quick witted ...but ..it was a pure mistake ...honest .haa,:cheeky: .. ..we will keep it in :yes:
and she's like a big ole phantom goosey gander anyways so .....:lol:

Ah my Beautiful friend wendi,
Awesome phantom return and Its so true' love never dies
6a00d8341c2c4f53ef0120a6257983970c-800wi
Phantom+of+the+Opera_2338_19402307_0_0_7023536_300.jpg

Phantom is my favorite musical, has been since I was twelve. I wonder if Michael ever saw it because I always thought it was a story he could relate too deeply of a misunderstood musical genius. I have no doubt the music will be incredible, it's Andrew Lloyd Webber! but if someone screws up the story that would kill the whole franchise. I'll try to keep the faith. :)

That's what I'm afraid of. I know that book is just awful but I hope Lloyd-Webber made the "necessary" changes.

Re: Phantom of the Opera 2 {Love Never Dies}

Phantom is my favorite musical, has been since I was twelve. I wonder if Michael ever saw it because I always thought it was a story he could relate too deeply of a misunderstood musical genius. I have no doubt the music will be incredible, it's Andrew Lloyd Webber! but if someone screws up the story that would kill the whole franchise. I'll try to keep the faith. :)

Actually, Andrew Lloyd Webber said in July that Michael had approached him about starring in a Phantom film. I wish that would have happened! Two of my heroes....

http://www.andrewlloydwebber.com/news/andrew-reveals-that-michael-j/

QUOTE:
Andrew recently spoke to the Sunday Telegraph about his personal recollections of Michael Jackson.

Andrew met Michael in 1988 when The Phantom of the Opera was playing on Broadway. Michael came to see the show several times and loved the theatricality of the show.

Andrew said, “I think he had a connection with the lonely, tortured musician. He found the idea of somebody working through music and having a girl as a muse very intriguing – and he loved that there was illusion in the show.”

Michael approached Andrew about the idea of making a film of the musical, with himself as the Phantom. However, although an interesting concept Andrew felt at that time that it was too early to make the musical into a film.

Andrew went on to speak about Michael Jackson’s immense talent. “I saw him a couple of times in concert. Thriller was probably the best stage event Ive ever seen. From my musical-theatre perspective, I could see that he was bringing a completely new vision about dance to the stage. A tremendous amount of what he was doing then you see in musicals now.

“I would absolutely put him up there with the all-time greatest performers. I’ve seen most of the top rock acts – I saw Elvis several times – but with Michael’s concerts, his showmanship was consummate.”

:hug::huggy: MY beautiful friend debb :wild:
yay..... isnt this great , i am excited :bugeyed! :punk:
thanx you so much for replying sis , :D:yes:yeah , we are SO off to see this haaaaaaa:wild:xox
thanx you for replyin :D
oh wow ...will have to hk that out , ty for the link hun ~and for replying :angel:
Actually, Andrew Lloyd Webber said in July that Michael had approached him about starring in a Phantom film. I wish that would have happened! Two of my heroes....

http://www.andrewlloydwebber.com/news/andrew-reveals-that-michael-j/

QUOTE:
Andrew recently spoke to the Sunday Telegraph about his personal recollections of Michael Jackson.

Andrew met Michael in 1988 when The Phantom of the Opera was playing on Broadway. Michael came to see the show several times and loved the theatricality of the show.

Andrew said, “I think he had a connection with the lonely, tortured musician. He found the idea of somebody working through music and having a girl as a muse very intriguing – and he loved that there was illusion in the show.”

Michael approached Andrew about the idea of making a film of the musical, with himself as the Phantom. However, although an interesting concept Andrew felt at that time that it was too early to make the musical into a film.

Andrew went on to speak about Michael Jackson’s immense talent. “I saw him a couple of times in concert. Thriller was probably the best stage event Ive ever seen. From my musical-theatre perspective, I could see that he was bringing a completely new vision about dance to the stage. A tremendous amount of what he was doing then you see in musicals now.

“I would absolutely put him up there with the all-time greatest performers. I’ve seen most of the top rock acts – I saw Elvis several times – but with Michael’s concerts, his showmanship was consummate.”
thats so beautiful and intresting to read , ty for replying sweetie :D

I read that Andrew Lloyd Webber had developed a new plot idea with Frederick Forsyth, but then they abandoned that idea and Forsyth turned it into a novel.

The Love Never Dies stage musical will be based in part on that novel but also with a lot of different ideas ALW thought of with his new collaborators.

Yay, I'm excited!

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic thread! Check it out friends:

Ticket info:
http://www.loveneverdies.com/

Article:
"Love Never Dies" a Brilliant Sequel to "Phantom"

LONDON (Hollywood Reporter) - Unlike lightning, Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom" does strike twice.

More than 23 years after "Phantom of the Opera" became a worldwide sensation, the British composer has delivered a sequel in "Love Never Dies." As handsome as the original and filled with infectious melodies, startling images and wonderful performances, it's running through October 23 at the Adelphi Theater.

The sequel is set in the early years of the 20th Century a decade after the ending of the original, with the key players from the first show caught up in a Gothic drama set in a spooky theater on Coney Island.

Soprano Christine (Sierra Boggess) arrives for a special performance bringing along her gambler husband Raoul (Joseph Millson) and their 10-year-old son Gustave. Unknown to them, the show's impresario is the Phantom (Ramin Karimloo). It is revealed in the first act that the scarred composer and his muse shared a night of passion before she got married and went away, and the question of who is the boy's father drives the story.

Further complications come from the current star of the Phantom's show, Meg (Sierra Russell), whose mother Madame Giry (Liz Robertson) fears that Christine's arrival will lead to their being abandoned.

Lloyd Webber gives credit to comedian/writer Ben Elton for coming up with the plotline for the show and he brings not the guile of "Blackadder" but the simplicity of another hit stage musical he wrote, the Queen show "We Will Rock You."

It's pure romantic melodrama but the lack of complexity leaves Lloyd Webber free to concentrate on the music, which he does with extraordinary vigor. His melodies radiate immediately and Glenn Slater's no-nonsense lyrics don't get in the way at all.

Iranian-born and Canada-based Karimloo has the strut and posture the Phantom needs and he has full command of a rich and subtle voice. Colorado-born Boggess' delivery of the title song alone is worth the price of admission. Its simple lyric becomes heart-rending as Boggess caresses and sculpts the song in a spotlight moment that in times gone by would have been called a showstopper. Millson, Robertson and Strallen also have their moments to shine as Lloyd Webber shakes up the musical tone with lively dancing girls and even some prog-rock.

His rousing and moving orchestrations with David Cullen lean less to his traditional keyboards and more toward strings and brass with exceptional playing by seasoned professionals including one of Britain's top flugelhorn players John Barclay, familiar from many James Bond movie scores.

The whole thing is rendered in a magnificent design that combines video projection; smoke and mirrors; beguiling illusions; and mischievous devices to create a vital atmosphere where love, jealousy and death can play out with sumptuous musicality.

(please visit our entertainment blog via www.reuters.com or on http://blogs.reuters.com/fanfare/)

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wirestory?id=10080614&page=1

Another article:
Does Love Never Dies tell us what the voters want?

f7375442.jpg

Great cartoon by Garland today on the comment pages - have you seen it? - niftily tying in the opening of Love Never Dies with the nightmare prospect of a sequel to the Brown government. Cue picture of a half-masked Gordon with his fingers in full throttle-position around the neck of the electorate, envisaged as the ravishing young soprano Christine. “Coming Soon! The Phantom of the Soap Opera - Starring The Same Old Cast” runs the sharp wording, and below: ‘Return by Popular Demand”.

Those of us who fear that the past few years have just been a dress-rehearsal for an even bigger catastrophe should cut it out and frame it.

I have to say that I think he’s got it in one. I haven’t yet read all the reviews of Love Never Dies - and I think it’s beyond ordinary mortal power to wade through all the commentary that has been spewing forth in the blogo-sphere ever since the curtain went up on the show’s first preview, two weeks ago.

To my knowledge, though, no one has yet highlighted the peculiar way in which Love Never Does does indeed appear to capture the particular political mood of the moment. It’s no secret that Andrew Lloyd Webber, having mulled over the idea of a sequel to Phantom of the Opera for at least the past decade, only properly got to grips with the project during the last two years - ie, under the full gothic gloom of the Brown premiership. And so many parallels come into play when considering the affinities between Number 10’s main occupant and the figure who flits, in Phantom Mark 2, to Coney Island, that it’s very tempting to conclude that Lloyd Webber was inspired, albeit at a subconscious level, by our brooding, reclusive, scheming PM.

Without wishing to give away too much of the sequel’s storyline - although there are so many spoilers running amok in cyberspace, not to mention fully edited Wikipedia articles, that coyness is futile - the grim truth lurking in Love Never Dies is that the sinister anti-hero of the musical is endowed with a fatal attraction the heroine can’t resist. Whatever dastardly ploys he uses to secure his power over her, it’s what she wants, at the end of the day, that proves the clinching factor - and that boringly ordinary, potentially decent aristocrat husband Raoul (yep, let's read that as David Cameron) isn’t in the frame of her desires. Beauty will have her Beast, you see. And that grisly insight made musical flesh should send as many shivers down the collective spine of the Conservative Party as any dire opinion poll. Love Never Dies may or may not last forever, but it's a product of its age.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-Never-Dies-tell-us-what-the-voters-want.html

I love The Phantom of the Opera I have seen the movie so may times and on stage four times. I am so excited about this coming out I can't wait to see it!!

Julia

Absolutely fantastic thread! Check it out friends:

Ticket info:
http://www.loveneverdies.com/

Article:
"Love Never Dies" a Brilliant Sequel to "Phantom"

LONDON (Hollywood Reporter) - Unlike lightning, Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Phantom" does strike twice.

More than 23 years after "Phantom of the Opera" became a worldwide sensation, the British composer has delivered a sequel in "Love Never Dies." As handsome as the original and filled with infectious melodies, startling images and wonderful performances, it's running through October 23 at the Adelphi Theater.

The sequel is set in the early years of the 20th Century a decade after the ending of the original, with the key players from the first show caught up in a Gothic drama set in a spooky theater on Coney Island.

Soprano Christine (Sierra Boggess) arrives for a special performance bringing along her gambler husband Raoul (Joseph Millson) and their 10-year-old son Gustave. Unknown to them, the show's impresario is the Phantom (Ramin Karimloo). It is revealed in the first act that the scarred composer and his muse shared a night of passion before she got married and went away, and the question of who is the boy's father drives the story.

Further complications come from the current star of the Phantom's show, Meg (Sierra Russell), whose mother Madame Giry (Liz Robertson) fears that Christine's arrival will lead to their being abandoned.

Lloyd Webber gives credit to comedian/writer Ben Elton for coming up with the plotline for the show and he brings not the guile of "Blackadder" but the simplicity of another hit stage musical he wrote, the Queen show "We Will Rock You."

It's pure romantic melodrama but the lack of complexity leaves Lloyd Webber free to concentrate on the music, which he does with extraordinary vigor. His melodies radiate immediately and Glenn Slater's no-nonsense lyrics don't get in the way at all.

Iranian-born and Canada-based Karimloo has the strut and posture the Phantom needs and he has full command of a rich and subtle voice. Colorado-born Boggess' delivery of the title song alone is worth the price of admission. Its simple lyric becomes heart-rending as Boggess caresses and sculpts the song in a spotlight moment that in times gone by would have been called a showstopper. Millson, Robertson and Strallen also have their moments to shine as Lloyd Webber shakes up the musical tone with lively dancing girls and even some prog-rock.

His rousing and moving orchestrations with David Cullen lean less to his traditional keyboards and more toward strings and brass with exceptional playing by seasoned professionals including one of Britain's top flugelhorn players John Barclay, familiar from many James Bond movie scores.

The whole thing is rendered in a magnificent design that combines video projection; smoke and mirrors; beguiling illusions; and mischievous devices to create a vital atmosphere where love, jealousy and death can play out with sumptuous musicality.

(please visit our entertainment blog via www.reuters.com or on http://blogs.reuters.com/fanfare/)

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wirestory?id=10080614&page=1

Another article:
Does Love Never Dies tell us what the voters want?

f7375442.jpg

Great cartoon by Garland today on the comment pages - have you seen it? - niftily tying in the opening of Love Never Dies with the nightmare prospect of a sequel to the Brown government. Cue picture of a half-masked Gordon with his fingers in full throttle-position around the neck of the electorate, envisaged as the ravishing young soprano Christine. “Coming Soon! The Phantom of the Soap Opera - Starring The Same Old Cast” runs the sharp wording, and below: ‘Return by Popular Demand”.

Those of us who fear that the past few years have just been a dress-rehearsal for an even bigger catastrophe should cut it out and frame it.

I have to say that I think he’s got it in one. I haven’t yet read all the reviews of Love Never Dies - and I think it’s beyond ordinary mortal power to wade through all the commentary that has been spewing forth in the blogo-sphere ever since the curtain went up on the show’s first preview, two weeks ago.

To my knowledge, though, no one has yet highlighted the peculiar way in which Love Never Does does indeed appear to capture the particular political mood of the moment. It’s no secret that Andrew Lloyd Webber, having mulled over the idea of a sequel to Phantom of the Opera for at least the past decade, only properly got to grips with the project during the last two years - ie, under the full gothic gloom of the Brown premiership. And so many parallels come into play when considering the affinities between Number 10’s main occupant and the figure who flits, in Phantom Mark 2, to Coney Island, that it’s very tempting to conclude that Lloyd Webber was inspired, albeit at a subconscious level, by our brooding, reclusive, scheming PM.

Without wishing to give away too much of the sequel’s storyline - although there are so many spoilers running amok in cyberspace, not to mention fully edited Wikipedia articles, that coyness is futile - the grim truth lurking in Love Never Dies is that the sinister anti-hero of the musical is endowed with a fatal attraction the heroine can’t resist. Whatever dastardly ploys he uses to secure his power over her, it’s what she wants, at the end of the day, that proves the clinching factor - and that boringly ordinary, potentially decent aristocrat husband Raoul (yep, let's read that as David Cameron) isn’t in the frame of her desires. Beauty will have her Beast, you see. And that grisly insight made musical flesh should send as many shivers down the collective spine of the Conservative Party as any dire opinion poll. Love Never Dies may or may not last forever, but it's a product of its age.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-Never-Dies-tell-us-what-the-voters-want.html

many thanx youz agent M, for bumping this and adding valuable info :wild: ...
nice to see your interested too .:yes:
l_12c9851d9183481f885fd0e30f851f12.jpg

I LOVE YOU FOR COMING IN HERE !:lol: woohoo.
i love phantom..:wub:

Last edited:
Afraid I don't support this sequel at all based on both the soundtrack I have heard and the story, at all. It basically nullifies and contradicts everything that made the first one great. The characters go from being meaty, real and complex to one dimensional soap opera, contrived cheap romance novel archetypes, 1907 is not ten years after 1870-80, whichever it is depending on the play or movie, and at the end of the day it contradicts what the original story is about, that no one is perfect and there are no perfect endings. Christine's decision is not easy in the end of the original, it's a really intense dilemma. Here it's practically handed to her.

Some of the music is fine but it's not Phantom. The lyrics aren't even haunting or clever like the first, I'm sick of hearing the word beauty/beautiful now. Phantom was actually one of Michael's favorite plays and I doubt he would like it either (I cringed listening to Bathing Beauty). Not to mention the Phantom goes from a creative, passionate but tortured and damaged person who we all feel compassion and tragedy for, he becomes a deformed Edward Cullen knock off (sorry twilight fans). Meg goes from being a sweet best friend to a jealous skank and Raoul is a typical drunken, gambling, wife abusing jerk and we don't know why.

Back to my point, they go from being characters love and could know to soap opera characters to make the decisions easy in the end. Life is not like that, they did to this story what they tried to do to Michael, label him, make him a villain without any of the truth that made him a great human at his core with his own flaws. The media and shallow ignorant people wanted Michael to be a superficial,greedy, womanizing self-righteous playa and make music encouraging others to be that way, when he wasn't they had to make him a crazy sick freak because god forbid a major talent could be flawed and human or want more than selfish gain. He can only be one thing or another. Don't support this play if you support the message of the original, accepting all the different possibilities people can be. People are not labels and we need to stop putting them on each other.

many thanx youz agent M, for bumping this and adding valuable info :wild: ...
nice to see your interested too .:yes:
l_12c9851d9183481f885fd0e30f851f12.jpg

I LOVE YOU FOR COMING IN HERE !:lol: woohoo.
i love phantom..:wub:

You're welcome.:) That's a cute graphic.:yes: Oh, and I hope everyone who goes to see the show enjoys it and if anyone here does so, perhaps they can share their experience.:)

The phantom that is coming back to haunt Oprah because of all the mean things she said about MJ?

Oh wait, OPERA...

I feel like bumping this because word of mouth on how bad this sequel is needs to get out before another dime is wasted and the original dampened.

I feel like bumping this because word of mouth on how bad this sequel is needs to get out before another dime is wasted and the original dampened.

shall we kill my thread?:thinking:
you wont be successful.:beee:
cos love never dies ..apparently.:bugeyed

I'm not trying to attack anyone or kill the thread. I'm a huge Phantom fan but notice how the title to the sequel itself is contradictory to what happens in the show (don't need to discuss it here) but did you know ALW called Phantom fans "a sad culture" and said the original story is hokum and makes no sense? The director and writer said that too. I respect Andrew as a musician but he has let his greed get in the way to the point where this story is the antithesis of the first. Go and thoroughly read my original post on why that is my opinion. You don't have to agree with it but I'm only trying to help preserve the originals integrity by helping others not to put up their hard earned money to support it, especially if they love the original.

^^ Where did ALW call the fans "a sad culture"? I read almost every article I can find on him but never saw that! I'm a HUGE Andrew Lloyd Webber fan -- he's the reason I am in theatre today -- and if he did say that it must have been taken out of context. I have heard him really marvel at the idea that it's become such a phenomenon, such as the woman who legally changed her name to Christine Daae. Andrew is really not a greedy person at all; I believe he continues to compose only when he feels moved to, not to "cash in" on anything, and I truly believe he thought he was giving fans a gift by continuing the Phantom story. Many have not been happy with it, and that's okay; everyone's allowed to have their own opinion.

I actually know several of the bloggers who were quoted in the English papers reviewing early previews of LND, and many actually are great ALW fans and their comments were never intended to be picked up by the mass media. One of them was even the admin of an ALW forum (now defunct though) that was much like MJJC in it's day in the 90s. They weren't intending to cause such a firestorm!

I have listened to the full cast album of LOVE NEVER DIES and I like it. I think it's some of Andrew's best music in years. I don't think the lyrics are anything more than serviceable, which is a shame because I think Glenn Slater is otherwise promising (from his other work). The thing people have to remember is that two and a half decades have passed since the original Phantom, the ONLY member of the creative team that both shows have in common is ALW (different director, designer, lyricist, etc), and the previous was an adaptation while this show is technically an "original" musical in that it's not adapted from an existing story, although it does use existing characters. I expected LND to be even MORE different from the original than it actually is; without giving anything away, I'll say I found lots of structural things about LND similar to POTO including Christine's 11-o'clock number performing a song written by the Phantom, an ultimatum between Phantom and Raoul, etc.

While I don't think LND will ever match the success of the original (and really, what could? It's the most successful musical of all time, the THRILLER of musicals I sometimes say!), but I'm happy it finally happened. I will be the first on line to see it when it comes to New York in the fall. I respect the differing opinions of others but upon hearing this score, I'm really glad it saw the light of day!

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/03/09/lloyd.webber.love.musical/
Hate to break it to you but here it is. I don't really think he is a greedy person at heart and I will always be thankful and appreciative of his talent for so many great musicals but this time he surrounded himself with yes people and forgot the purpose of the original. I have listened to the music and enjoyed many of the melodies but so many (I feel) don't fit in the context of Phantom. Yeah those of us who who love the original knew it'd be different but not its' polar opposite. Like Romeo and Juliet or Gone with The Wind this story needed no sequel. It had a bittersweet ending about true love meaning self sacrifice, not selfish gain but that is forgotten here by every character. Yes the music is good for the most part but like special effects in a movie, an element like a score should not outweigh something like the story or characters.

^^I never heard the words "a sad culture" and I watched the video and read the article. I have been a direhard fan of ALW even longer than I've been an MJ fan and I can truly say that if that quote came out of his mouth, it could not have been about Phantom fans themselves. MAYBE he could be referring to the culture of theatre snobs who repeatedly trash shows during previews, when even the critics aren't allowed to publish their opinions (ever check out the All That Chat theatre board for instance?). I mean the theatregoers who tweet during intermission of the first preview to announce how dreadful a show is -- if he meant THEM, well then I could see the word "sad" apply.

What he says in this article & interview is that LND can and should stand on its own and that he DOESN'T think it could "better" the original. I personally feel some fans are being a little possessive of the original story; it's anyone's right to use those public domain characters in a different way, and certainly the composer of the best known version would be someone I'd trust having a crack at a looser adaptation of the material. There certainly have been lots of other strange interpretations of the Phantom story that don't get the same attention as his.

I agree with you that the original story certainly does not NEED a sequel; it's an amazing novel which does have a beautiful ending. But sometimes there is an audience for a continuation of story, a continuation that isn't necessary but may just be fun, like the later Star Wars movies for instance (which I realize many fans hate, but certainly some people got joy from them).

I realize I may be in the minority on this one, and that's ok! I'm used to it as an ALW fan within the Broadway community! Haha, it was never cool to love him like I do, but I've been standing up for him for decades! :D We can certainly agree to disagree on LND and I respect your opinions as a fellow Phantom fan. :huggy:

Last edited:
Good News, this is one of my all time favorite musicals...wish I could see it on stage sometime.
But really I am just super happy to see Weber working after overcoming that whole cancer thing.

I realize I may be in the minority on this one, and that's ok! I'm used to it as an ALW fan within the Broadway community! Haha, it was never cool to love him like I do, but I've been standing up for him for decades! :D We can certainly agree to disagree on LND and I respect your opinions as a fellow Phantom fan. :huggy:

I agree about theater snobs and see your point. Still there was more than one source that Andrew did mention how he felt there were specifically phantom fans (not critics) who were sad because he feels their whole lives revolve around Phantom. Whether or not that true for some, he let his fear of his show failing outweigh remembering to respect the fans who pay to see his shows time and again. Here is the more specific article about Phans. I don't mean to downplay his talent like a theater snob, his talent has nothing to do with all of this because the music has always been great but I guess he spoke without thinking. He's human and we've all done it so I'll let it slide. We will have to respectfully agree to disagree as fellow phantom fans.
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/stage/article7052118.ece

Back