Pepsi "I'll Be There". Is there any way to...

Is there any way to make an audio MP3 of Michael singing "I'll Be There" as an adult from the Pepsi commercial? If anyone has ripped the audio from that commercial and can make it in to an MP3, that would be awesome.

the song was completed in full, and was due for release or summat

I wish man. Michael's voice is absolutely gorgeous on the track and the song itself is so haunting. The original really isn't, it's sweet, but this one is poignant. I like how they had him sining over that kid (that wasn't actually Michael was it?), but had his adult voice over the kid's, as though he were remembering back. And the arrangement of the song is beautiful. I wish they would release the full version.

that kid kinda does sound like little michael but I don think its him

Yeah Chaos, I don't think the kid is Michael. But it still sounds awesome with him singing over it. I just love the arragement of this version.

it might be Michael in both instances. the mystery is the mystique..and technology is frightening these days..

The kid in the video was not Michael. There was a fairly significant BOGUS rumor that MJ wanted a white child to play him in that video. Totally ridiculous, but nothing new there. But yeah, if any of you have heard that rumor, that was the promo they were talking about.

In regards to someone who sounds like Michael Jackson, there is an artist named Mic Little who sounds a lot like a young MJ. This is his Myspace page:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=92612316

I heard him on this Ne-Yo mixtape I downloaded.

The kid in the video is not Michael apart from Jackson 5 images however the audio IS young Michael.

Well, the audio of grown-MJ is obviously Michael Jackson, but the kid who is singing is not Michael Jackson. Totally different voice from young-MJ.

A full, adult studio version of "I'll Be There" and "Never Can Say Goodbye" were slated to appear on the anticipated "Decade" greatest hits compilation in 1989/90, along with 3-5 brand new songs. Unfortunately, despite the material being recorded, that compilation LP never got released. Michael was even recording several short films and videos for the new material (as MJ said, "some very special short films") and the entire release was going to be promoted and sponsored by L.A. Gear; including commercials.

Last edited:
Too bad that never happened. Maybe we'll get to hear those songs some day. I would kill to hear Michael's adult voice on those tracks.

shame those never got released... or leaked haha.

honestly though that version of that song is simply stunning! would love, love, love a full version someday.

^

I know! i wish they were leaked. hheehe

i love this version of the song, and the commercial is so beautiful.

Thank you soooooo much! :wub:

A full, adult studio version of "I'll Be There" and "Never Can Say Goodbye" were slated to appear on the anticipated "Decade" greatest hits compilation in 1989/90, along with 3-5 brand new songs. Unfortunately, despite the material being recorded, that compilation LP never got released. Michael was even recording several short films and videos for the new material (as MJ said, "some very special short films") and the entire release was going to be promoted and sponsored by L.A. Gear; including commercials.

A full "I'll Be There" and "Never Can Say Goodbye"?!? :eek:
I wanna thaaaat!!! :wild:

Too bad that never happened. Maybe we'll get to hear those songs some day. I would kill to hear Michael's adult voice on those tracks.

Yeah, me too. :(
I was gonna ask if anyone have them, but by the answers I'm guessing it wasn't leaked, right? :(

Maybe someday... :wub:

I would like someone to create a longer version... I know it would be fake, but damn it.. I wish it was a full song they did for the commercial.. OMG I love it..

speaking of songs MJ and young MJ..

I have been thinking it would really be AWSOME if Michael were to have a song about music always being in his life, and it were a duet with the Young michael..

picture his new album with that song..

HOW IT COULD BE DONE:

there are digital ways to take a persons voice, from there when someone talks or sings it registers in the other persons voice.. Michael has enough of his younger self voice to fully register the ranges and make it sound realistic..

it would be pretty groundbreaking in my opinion.. to use it in that way.. it would get so much talk..

the only other time I have heard of these devices being used were in investigation cases, where people were framing other people for commiting a crime.. FAKE phone recordings etc..

if they can do it, Michael could easily use that same equiptment to create a new vocal set by the YOUNGER Michael Jackson.. that way they can sing together on his new album...

that would be awsome to me.. just ONE song.. but it could be HUGE!!!!

Last edited:
I have been thinking it would really be AWSOME if Michael were to have a song about music always being in his life, and it were a duet with the Young michael..

hmmm... like "Music and me"? :unsure:

I thought your idea was cool, but they could make it with "Music and me". They already have the little Mike version... So they only needed to record current Mike's voice and voilà! :D

It is a song about music always being in his life and all... What do you think? :unsure:

Barbra Streisand actually did something that's similar in concept. She recorded a song called "You'll Never Know" when she was 13. Anyway, when she was in I think her late 30s or early 40s, she took that recording from when she was 13 and had it play for about a minute and a half and it slowly faded in to her adult voice singing, picking up from her younger self. It sounded really cool. Michael could totally do somethng like that also. What's so great about this version of "I'll Be There", besides the arrangement and Michael's vocals is how they blend it in with the child's voice, even if it isn't Michael's, and make it sound so distant and naulstalgic and haunting, like he's remembering back to that time with a hint of sadness. It's incredible, really.

Back