People magazine MJ cover

I'm still mixed on if I should get People Magazine. I only went on ahead a got the Time issue because everyone said the pics balances out the not so great article. I'm also waiting to see what fans think about the Rolling Stone and TV Guide tributes.

I was also mixed and decided not to get "People".

I also read that "People" did not dedicate the whole magazine so screw them.

Yeah don't be fooled by the covers. Sometimes they are filled with gutter speculation and other garbage I wouldn't so much as spit on, let alone buy.

Yeah don't be fooled by the covers. Sometimes they are filled with gutter speculation and other garbage I wouldn't so much as spit on, let alone buy.

Yeah, i bought EW because i would like to frame it. The pictures they used are beautiful.

I agree!

I made that mistake with Newsweek! Decided not to get "People or EW" and I bought USA Today Magazine, The Historical Collectors Edition, and some other cool magazine that has no name..lol.

Peace,
Destiny

Yeah, i am sure more magazines with no name will pop up in the coming months with nice tributes. I bought Time, EW (all 4 covers) and RS mainly for the cover and i also beacause i would like to frame some of them.

Yeah, i am sure more magazines with no name will pop up in the coming months with nice tributes. I bought Time, EW (all 4 covers) and RS mainly for the cover and i also beacause i would like to frame some of them.

yeah I was gonna do the EW like that but my funds are limited..hehe! I'm still going to London and was hoping that there might be some of the 02 stuff there as well. So I wanna save my money. Magazines expensive! Especially for 4 pages of MJ. I work for the library system in the daytime and I get to see everything that we subscribe to! So I saw all those but the newsweek one and I was so in rush to get MJ tribute stuff I only scanned it in the store (should have read it).

Shoot! It be cheaper for me to check them things out and say I lost them and pay 4.00! lol! even though I would prob not have to cause I'm a library employee but I will not do that.

Oh but when I was in Highschool! LOl! that's why I can't check out books from the local DC library! Checked out books (MJ's) and in all honesty wanted to return them but never made it back to the library! lol! They are mine now! plus the library staff was mean...so I kept them! haa haa!

i bought Hello and OK! magazines with good covers too

yeah I was gonna do the EW like that but my funds are limited..hehe! I'm still going to London and was hoping that there might be some of the 02 stuff there as well. So I wanna save my money. Magazines expensive! Especially for 4 pages of MJ. I work for the library system in the daytime and I get to see everything that we subscribe to! So I saw all those but the newsweek one and I was so in rush to get MJ tribute stuff I only scanned it in the store (should have read it).

Shoot! It be cheaper for me to check them things out and say I lost them and pay 4.00! lol! even though I would prob not have to cause I'm a library employee but I will not do that.

Oh but when I was in Highschool! LOl! that's why I can't check out books from the local DC library! Checked out books (MJ's) and in all honesty wanted to return them but never made it back to the library! lol! They are mine now! plus the library staff was mean...so I kept them! haa haa!

LOL! you are funny!

i bought Hello and OK! magazines with good covers too
He means russian version of OK! It's cover is really good.
Hello.jpg

29ad24b3.jpg

Last edited:
The photo's were very good...the articles, not so much. I mean they were decent and I understand that they have to talk about the good and bad when it came to MJ 'cause there was certainly plenty of both, but I felt that "People" like most magazines, focused too much on the negative. I wanted more on MJ's music and legacy, but they of course decided to go more of a tabloid route, but it was pretty decent overall I guess. The pics were the best part.

i have seen People magazin the other day at he newstand (the one with blue cover) it is massive, but has basically the same photos that all other magazines have now. both the front and backround cover have Michael on:)

Also Word Up magazine (its a black teen mag) has 1 out about Mike.

I'm not sure how many are aware of this, but there are two issues of "People."

There's a double issue, (Michael onstage with Jennifer Batten) and then there is an issue which is devoted entirely to Michael. I have seen the double issue everywhere, but I've only seen the tribute issue at Barnes and Noble. There are many gorgeous pictures in the tribute issue, but I don't remember exactly what the content of the magazine was.

Messages And Tributes To Michael and His Family.
Here you can post articles celebrating his life & Legacy, pass on your message, video tribute of love & support, whether its MJ his children or any one of his family./QUOTE]

thanks for posting this :)

**moves to appropriate forum**

Thats the one I bought. I didnt realize at the time that there were 2 of them.
I hope I can still find the right one.
However, the one that I bought is not bad. Not bad at all. I'm glad I have it.
I still have a bit left to read, but so far there isnt any bashing in it at all.

I wanted more on MJ's music and legacy, but they of course decided to go more of a tabloid route, but it was pretty decent overall I guess.
But you could get a magazine focusing on his music and videos only to have them tell you how crappy the music and videos were. I'm looking at you, Rolling Stone.

But you could get a magazine focusing on his music and videos only to have them tell you how crappy the music and videos were. I'm looking at you, Rolling Stone.

I've got the Rolling Stone one and I don't think it's that bad, it looks like all they done is copy and paste all their old articles into one bundle but I loved reading the earlier ones like the article where Mike took the journo to see Freddie Mercury just before a Queen concert and MJ saying he was jealous because Freddie was so pumped up for the show!

My mother got me the special double issue of People magazine. I don't know how good it is. Cause I only looked at the pictures in it and I just love the pictures in it. I only have 2 tribute magazines of Michael. The other is the USAToday one.

Back