paul mccartney on michael jackson

yes

Proud Member
Before yesterday paul made an interview on david lettermen show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNzHsGf2040

So what is your opinion about what he says about mike?

I think its annoying to always bring the discussion about the catalog i mean he had money more than mike at that time and he didint have the catalog even before mike had it so why is it a big deal after mike grabed it.

Nuts to Paul, that catalog was sold on two other occasions before Michael bought it. Paul had other opportunities to buy it with his cheap self.

At least Michael told him ahead of time! lol

I don't know why Paul is complaining because he was the one who gave Michael the idea when Michael asked Paul for business advice.

Im abit of a paul fan, but i will say that mike bought them fairly and i respect that. you guys need to know that paul doesnt HATE mike, but i understand wh people dislike him for the song thing..mike gave em back to him, so ya.

Get the fuck over it!! Talking about that NOW?! Maybe you should have thought of it before you made a stupid business move, Einstein!! I do appreciate him for his contribution to The Girl Is Mine, though. That was brilliant.

Last edited:
I like Paul (John will always be my favorite Beatle though), but I agree, it's time to let it go.

Although, Paul did say that Michael was a nice person, who will be missed at the end of the interview, so I appreciate him saying that.

guys, after watching it, i do think you are being maybe a tad sensitive for mike...i mean, he just described what happened, not bitterly, just matter of factly.....he wasnt being mean. =/

''say say say'' what you want...............I loved the songs made by Sir Paul and our late Michael. :)
Sir P lives near me in East Sussex.......... Why didnt Michael get a knighthood???
Maybe cos he was too good for that :)

He was respectful I think considering what happened with he & MJ. I mean as MJ fans of course we love Michael, but he had faults too and it wasn't nice that he bought Paul's catalogue especially when he considered him a friend. If one of your friends did that to you, i'm sure you'd be resentful too, but MJ was smart in doing that lol. Sneaky, but smart. Anyhow, I think it was alright wat Paul said, at least he ended on a good note about Michael. Nice interview.

:bugeyedPaul Paul,,ooo poor little baby always complaining..But Paul baby you need to get over it,move on with your life.haha Im really worried that when Paul will be takin his last breathe he will still be complaining about that catalogue in some TV interview.Who knows if he wanna die in any tv interview while sayin all this same bullshit again and again.:doh:Stupid Paul,now Im 100% sure that a 1 yr. old kid is more matured than Paul.

:bugeyedPaul Paul,,ooo poor little baby always complaining..But Paul baby you need to get over it,move on with your life.haha Im really worried that when Paul will be takin his last breathe he will still be complaining about that catalogue in some TV interview.Who knows if he wanna die in any tv interview while sayin all this same bullshit again and again.:doh:Stupid Paul,now Im 100% sure that a 1 yr. old kid is more matured than Paul.
Biased much? V__V*

''say say say'' what you want...............I loved the songs made by Sir Paul and our late Michael. :)
Sir P lives near me in East Sussex.......... Why didnt Michael get a knighthood???
Maybe cos he was too good for that :)

Or maybe cuz MJ wasn't born there. But I suspect that you already know that :/.

Nuts to Paul, that catalog was sold on two other occasions before Michael bought it. Paul had other opportunities to buy it with his cheap self.

didn't know that- but thanks for letting us know. i don't like paul more now than ever.

i mean i think the loss of that friendship hurt michael alot. if you want something get it. he had the money. you let someone else out bid you then you act like a two year old.... i am not talking to you anymore. what a ........ !

I don't know why Paul is complaining because he was the one who gave Michael the idea when Michael asked Paul for business advice.

he is complaining b/c he isn't too bright. i'd be pissed too if i didn't buy something that was worth 40 mil at the time. then later the value jumped to 500 mil to 1 billion. LOL.

sry to the paul fans. my loyalty lies with the king of pop, rock and soul ~ dame elizabeth taylor (you rock)

Paul owns thousands of songs himself including Buddy Holly's and a lot of Broadway show tunes & blues songs. I think he also owns the song "Happy Birthday To You". The reason Paul & John didn't own the songs in the 1st place is because Brian Epstein who was The Beatles manager wasn't experienced at first and made a lot of bad deals. The group didn't make money from their dolls, Beatle wigs, and other merchandise. A lot of the older acts were ripped off. But Paul has always been miserly. That's one of the reasons that Wings never had a steady lineup. In the early 70s, Paul & Linda lived in a house with sheep and other animals running through it, lol. It was pretty dirty (& smelly, lol). They didn't have a maid service as Paul didn't want to spend the money. Which is why a lot of people were surprised that Paul didn't have a pre-nup with Heather Mills.

Didn't Michael, I think this year, say he was sorry for the bitter with Paul and that he would have given the catalog back to Paul after his death? Or were they just rumors?

Paul, as another poster mentioned, just matter-of-factually recapped his relationship when asked about Michael; what's so offensive about that? Ironically those of you cursing and name-calling appear guilty of the very offenses you cast at Paul in regard to immaturity and bitterness.

BTW, even w/out the catalog Paul is still worth $800,000,000, so he must have done something right :)
(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_Paul_McCartney_'s_net_worth).

:lol:

Off Topic but:
OOOOH Pinklollypop your siggy!!!! :cry: I remember to this day when I learned that Jim Henson died. I was upset about it for years because it was so unexpected. I still cry sometimes when I see him or watch one of his films. And now that picture of them together. One thing I always wanted to know from Michael was what it was like to meet Jim Henson...

Just a question, but did George or Ringo ever have a problem with Michael owning the catalog?

I'm a huge Beatles fan, they're up there with Michael, Genesis, and The Jackson 5 for me. I'd say The Beatles are the only band I'm as obsessed with as much as The Jackson 5 and Genesis.

I don't really care much for Paul, though. He's a musical genius, but not that great of a person. I've always wondered why he won't just let this go - it happened years ago, and as far as I know, Michael never meant to hurt Paul. It's time for him to lay this to rest.

did Michael still own his 50% of the Sony/ATV catalogue before he died? I could have sworn he never sold his rights to the catalogue but I keep reading that he sold a percentage to pay his debts with the option of Sony to buy back the entire catalogue. Is there any truth to this?

I honestly don't think it was that bad. I actually laughed at some parts, especially when he nudged Letterman and said "Oooh yooou." But I do think it's annoying that he randomly felt the need to bring that up. Before I clicked the link I thought Letterman prompted him about it, but nope. I can totally understand both sides of the coin, but after 20 and some odd years you'd think it'd be old news and that they'd eventually reconcile.

Paul is ok. There's no need for MJ fans to get upset over every little thing. Besides, the way Paul tells it it's almost as though MJ pulled a practical joke on him - which in a way he did I guess.

Just a question, but did George or Ringo ever have a problem with Michael owning the catalog?
Ringo wasn't a songwriter, so to him it probably doesn't matter who owns those songs. George wrote some songs, but I don't know if his songs are part of that catalogue. I think it's only the Lennon/McCartney tunes that are included, but I could be wrong about that.

Paul, as another poster mentioned, just matter-of-factually recapped his relationship when asked about Michael; what's so offensive about that? Ironically those of you cursing and name-calling appear guilty of the very offenses you cast at Paul in regard to immaturity and bitterness.

BTW, even w/out the catalog Paul is still worth $800,000,000, so he must have done something right :)
(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_Paul_McCartney_'s_net_worth).

I guess that is my point. I knew Paul was worth like 1 bill- at least that is what they were saying during his divorce not too long ago.
I remember the video say-say-say. They seemed like they enjoyed working with each other, and had a great friendship. Then came the business part. I guess, If I was a beetle, was worth 1 bill (give or take), lost catalog rights in a fair and legit way, -- why break a friendship?
I bet if MJ knew he was going to lose his friendship with Paul, he may never had purchased it. I think to MJ, friendships and treating other people right mattered more than money. From all that I read, it was a legit dealing. Michael / John Branca outbid Paul and his reps.

Ringo wasn't a songwriter, so to him it probably doesn't matter who owns those songs. George wrote some songs, but I don't know if his songs are part of that catalogue. I think it's only the Lennon/McCartney tunes that are included, but I could be wrong about that.
Ringo wrote a few songs like 'Octopus Garden'. But I'm not sure if his stuff was in the catalog. I don't think his songs were with Northern. George's songs that were published under Northern Songs are in the catalog I think, because Northern Songs were the publishing company that John & Paul used. George even has a song in Yellow Submarine called "Only A Northern Song" because he didn't like the deal with Northern because they made more money than the group, who had a really low royalty rate.

Back