Paris Hilton spoke about MJ

I am not sure how Michael 'knew' Paris Hilton......but Nicole Richie was Michael's goddaughter and Nicole and Paris have been close friends for a few years. So it's possible that Paris met Michael through Nicole (hence the pics someone posted of all of them together.....). I don't think Michael had a friendship or whatever with Paris Hilton, or her family.

Michael was great friends with the Hiltons becuz Kathy Hilton was to appear on Larry King with Donald Trump... the show was called "Michael's friends speak out" but Kathy Hilton backed out of the show...

LaToya did give that interview and if Kathy Hilton was there as she said.......I think she is grieving even more than any of us....especially if she rushed over to be with Mrs Jackson and the kids...

I think Michael wanted to call his daughter Paris (she was conceived there, or other reasons), and because she was kind of close to Paris Hilton's mother, he told her about it and asked if that would be okay, just to be polite or something. It doesn't mean he literally named his daughter AFTER Paris Hilton. He just liked the name. Or so I gather.

Exactly. She speaks of him like she really loved him. She said he was like an uncle to her. Her and her family were closer to Michael than any of us. We should know not to judge people based on the public perception of them.

Damn right.

I think La Toya went to school with Kathy Hilton. The Hiltons, seemingly, are family friends of the Jacksons (or at least some of them).

I just don't understand why Paris would come out and say this? Why would she feel the need to broadcast it to the world?
I certainly don't think Paris was named after PH.
Michael liked the film "An American in Paris" - Kobe Bryant has said that Michael introduced him to it, and a lot of other films that he "wouldn't otherwise have seen" as he put it. Also didn't Michael have a picture of Paris the city up at Neverland?
I think Michael felt affiliated with Paris, France, and liked the name.
Anyway, even if he got the idea for the name from the Hiltons, it doesn't mean he named his daughter after Paris Hilton.

Michael liked the film "An American in Paris" - Kobe Bryant has said that Michael introduced him to it, and a lot of other films that he "wouldn't otherwise have seen" as he put it. Also didn't Michael have a picture of Paris the city up at Neverland?
I think Michael felt affiliated with Paris, France, and liked the name.
Anyway, even if he got the idea for the name from the Hiltons, it doesn't mean he named his daughter after Paris Hilton.

Karen Faye said on her facebook that Michael LOVED France. He was crazy about the country and whenever they would talk about their favorite places Michael would always say "France". So, he might have chosen the name because he loved France and because Paris is both the capital and a pretty name.

Back