Our thread for Lisa -Marie Presley. - Our Condolences, Love & Prayers to all of her family.

iu

Last edited:

San Diego Union-Tribune / Jan 13 2023 / George Varga

Reprints of two interviews done by George Varga, one in 2003 on the release of her debut album, To Whom It May Concern. And the other one in 2012, promoting her third album, Storm and Grace.

Both of the interviews are good, imo. One quote from the 2003 one jumped out at me:

"I have so many (songs). I’ve been writing for 15 years; I have boxes of them.”

Last edited:
Does anyone perhaps have a copy of Lisa's 2010 Oprah interview? I wanted to re-watch it recently, but it seems to have been scrubbed from the internet.

Times Leader 2013 review of Lisa Marie's gig at Sellersville Theater in Pennysylvania. Can't find the name of the writer.

The first two paragraphs illustrate how easy it would have been for Lisa Marie to just take a very predictable path into the music world but instead chose to do it her way.

"Throughout the past decade, her career has moved forward on her own terms and at her own pace ... "

Last edited:
Just picked this out from one of the pieces posted by @Paris78.

On June 25, 2009, Lisa Marie Presley was in England having what she calls "the strangest day of my life."

Despite the seemingly routine tasks of the day—she went to work in the studio before coming home for dinner—Lisa Marie spent the entire day in tears and couldn't understand why. "I was literally cutting my food, eating my dinner crying," she recalls.

Later that evening, in an effort to stop crying, Lisa Marie went upstairs and crawled into bed to watch something mindless on television. An hour later, she got a text from her friend John Travolta that sent shock waves through her body.

Lisa Marie's ex-husband Michael Jackson had died.

The tears stopped as shock set in. "I was floored," she says. "Honestly floored."

This is interesting, heartbreaking, weird. I didn't know about this. There she was, 3,000 miles away in the UK and yet she felt the energy change - or something.

Back