Original TGIM has NOTHING on 2008 version.. here's why..

BONGANI

Proud Member
The fact that there's more Michael in it should make it more appealing because he even does the Paul Mccartney parts.
The beats are not as commercial as I thought they would be, in fact they are quite smooth which is rare in todays RnB.
PLUS you gotta love how Michael throws his falsetto all over Will.i.am's rap part.:punk: Its actually quite a great song which stands independantly from the original, this song is soo good I dont even want to call it a remix!!
I'm telling ya'll MJ and Will.i.am make a very cool collaboration. I'm not a fan of past MJ collabos with these Hip hop/RnB cats BUT this collabo was just too hot!

"Will.i.am non stop
rollin with the king of pop
MJ make it hot":D

You hate McCartney. Fair enough. I don't. Therefore I like the song. McCartney doesn't ruin the song for me like he ruins it for some other people who don't like him.

You hate McCartney. Fair enough. I don't. Therefore I like the song. McCartney doesn't ruin the song for me like he ruins it for some other people who don't like him.

Mccartney is not the only only reason I stated why the 2008 version is better but for the record I don't hate him, he a decent singer.

Just to add to all the reasons I say th new version is better, I feel Michael's vocals are amazing, even better than on the original, JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TRACK IS TIGHT BRA!
Ok maybe we cant agree that its better than the original but it IS a hot track right BOB?

both are corny and both will have aged the same quick way once this one goes out of the loop.

but since i never liked the original much, and enjoyed this remix, i'll have to say it's better. the original (solo) demo isn't that bad, either.

I hate the one with Paul...ugh...and i LOVE the 2008 version.

WBSS08 and TGIM08 are better than the original ones imo.

the original was CHEESEY

the new one is not cheesey at all, Paul made the song cheesey

I also prefer WBSS 08 over the orginal one, mainly because the one on the Thriller album is tooooo long....5 MINS MAN! ahhh...

Seriously? Even though Akon completely distorted the meaning of the song and took over on lead vocals casting Michael off into the background?
It's not that bad actually.
i think Akon has a sense of melody not just beats. i love the bridge he added to the song, which is the best part of the whole song and the piano sound at the beginning is catchy!

Akon disgraced a classic when he done wbss, I will never look at that song the same way again :cry:

I agree that Will.i.am and MJ make a cool collaboration. I just looooooooooove TGIM 2008 and P.Y.T 2008:wub: Those are the two best remixes on Thriller 25 in my opinion.

The fact that there's more Michael in it should make it more appealing because he even does the Paul Mccartney parts.

Not really lol. I'm a fan of good music, regardless who it comes from. That reminds me of when somebody once, while making an argument for how Blood On the Dance Floor is better than Thriller (lol), said that Thriller isn't that good because (amongst other things) Rod Temperton wrote a lot of the songs, and we're supposed to be MJ fans and not Temperton fans. How lame.

The back-and-forth between MJ and McCartney is what it's all about in this song. The 08 version is pretty good, but nothing that'll really be remembered.

Not really lol. I'm a fan of good music, regardless who it comes from. That reminds me of when somebody once, while making an argument for how Blood On the Dance Floor is better than Thriller (lol), said that Thriller isn't that good because (amongst other things) Rod Temperton wrote a lot of the songs, and we're supposed to be MJ fans and not Temperton fans. How lame.

Yeah that was pretty lame you're right but dont confuse what I said with this clearly bias opinion, if you read my post as a whole you'l see I go further to state more reasons why this song is hot! I'm a fan of good music too although I was being a typical MJ fan with the "there's more MJ in it statement":) I tried listening to the original after I started this thread and its not the same anymor everytime the chorus came on I felt like singing: "She like the way I rock, the- way I rock":punk:

I love the original and I hate this remix, lol. Paul McCartney, say what you will about him, has a hell of a good voice and it works beautifully with Michael's. Too bad they have a riff, because I love all three songs they did together. Michael's voice on the original is heavenly too. His voice on the demo is just as good, which is what's used for this remix. But if I want to hear Michael sing the whole song, I just listen to the demo, lol.

The beats are not as commercial as I thought they would be, in fact they are quite smooth which is rare in todays RnB.
PLUS you gotta love how Michael throws his falsetto all over Will.i.am's rap part.:punk: Its actually quite a great song which stands independantly from the original, this song is soo good I dont even want to call it a remix!!
I'm telling ya'll MJ and Will.i.am make a very cool collaboration. I'm not a fan of past MJ collabos with these Hip hop/RnB cats BUT this collabo was just too hot!

"Will.i.am non stop
MJ make it hot":D

I love this version better too!!! :D

I actually like the remix better. And above that, I prefer the original demo. The vocals are amazing. I feel like he "dumbed down" his vocals on the version with Paul Mac- it's playful, and cute and I do like the song, but I just have no idea why his vocals changed so much from the demo to the final recording. The vocals on the demo and remix are far more exciting, rich, precise and just all-round better. That's my opinion. :yes:

The Demo is the best Version;)

I dont like Paul Mc Cartney too, because of the way he treads Michael.
He is a creepy singer too:puke:

Last edited:
I think most of MJ's songs got an amount of cheesy and sentimental-ness to it lol. That doesnt make it bad.

But i do prefer the new version over the old. I can't pin point why but McCartney being removed helped lol.

And aging doesn't mean the song isn't good either.

"Will.i.am non stop

actually i do agree with you about the newness of the song. i think that in this release he has proven that MJ can write..or..oversee...or..just be there and his magic causes anew a new song and not write one, simoutaneously..and therefore it helped make a good argument for sony's anger about the charts....

i dont discount mccartney's contribution though to the original. i love both versions...i do love the will i am one more.

Last edited:
And aging doesn't mean the song isn't good either.

i mentioned aging - and to me production and arrangement is just as important as the songwriting and singing. i think on the production and arrangement side, TGIM aged pretty badly compared to others on the same album.

I love Michael's ad-lib's on the 2008 version, but the original is still better.

i mentioned aging - and to me production and arrangement is just as important as the songwriting and singing. i think on the production and arrangement side, TGIM aged pretty badly compared to others on the same album.
I co-sign..:)

Back