Old songs are finally allowed to re chart on Hot 100

I haven't checked, but am sure i remember hold my hand getting to number 10 in the uk around xmas time.

I'm annoyed at myself but still peeved at billboard not changing their policy re albums re-charting for mj, esp after learning they changed the rules double quick after whitney's death re hot 100. They're making a big thing of adele getting 2 albums in the top 4 simultaneously, apparently it's only happened a few times. Then it's mentioned mj had 3 albums in the top 4, for 7 weeks in 09 which i imagine wd have been a record except they weren't allowed to chart back then.

I haven't checked, but am sure i remember hold my hand getting to number 10 in the uk around xmas time.
Yeah, and being #10 in the UK is really great. The UK charts are based solely on sales, not on airplay, so I think it would be easier for Michael's songs to do well there than in the US.

I'm annoyed at myself but still peeved at billboard not changing their policy re albums re-charting for mj, esp after learning they changed the rules double quick after whitney's death re hot 100. They're making a big thing of adele getting 2 albums in the top 4 simultaneously, apparently it's only happened a few times. Then it's mentioned mj had 3 albums in the top 4, for 7 weeks in 09 which i imagine wd have been a record except they weren't allowed to chart back then.
Lol, me too. I know it isn't that important, but I just wish they had changed the rules earlier. But I guess at least we know Michael would have topped the charts then.

Back