Ok hate to be a debbie downer here but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnyJackson

Proud Member
I want to just put something out there. We are all getting our hopes up for things on this dvd/blu-ray set. Now If the things you hope are not on there please don't go all crazy. lol.

We need to remember that Michael never wanted us to see this anyway. This wasn't his best, we all know his best. This is a REHEARSAL We have to remember this. I feel guilty for even wanting this knowing that Michael hated to do anything half assed. And this was as half assed as it got. We have to also be grateful for what we get. This is something that we shouldn't be getting. Michael should be on stage performing these songs for all the people who loved him.

I know we will be happy with this but some of us will no doubt bitch and moan for some reason or another. And to those i say Get over yourself. Be satisfied for once in your life.

Ok I'm done. Please remember.

I want to just put something out there. We are all getting our hopes up for things on this dvd/blu-ray set. Now If the things you hope are not on there please don't go all crazy. lol.

We need to remember that Michael never wanted us to see this anyway. This wasn't his best, we all know his best. This is a REHEARSAL We have to remember this. I feel guilty for even wanting this knowing that Michael hated to do anything half assed. And this was as half assed as it got. We have to also be grateful for what we get. This is something that we shouldn't be getting. Michael should be on stage performing these songs for all the people who loved him.

I know we will be happy with this but some of us will no doubt bitch and moan for some reason or another. And to those i say Get over yourself. Be satisfied for once in your life.

Ok I'm done. Please remember.

We all know what to expect now. We've seen the film. The extra footage on the blu ray will be of the same standard as the film itself. I think we all know that.

This isnt like the film when we didnt really know what to expect.

We all know what to expect now. We've seen the film. The extra footage on the blu ray will be of the same standard as the film itself. I think we all know that.

This isnt like the film when we didnt really know what to expect.
exactly

I know but im just saying. Even with knowing everything some people will not be happy with it. I just thought we all needed to be reminded of what michael wanted or didn't want.

I know but im just saying. Even with knowing everything some people will not be happy with it. I just thought we all needed to be reminded of what michael wanted or didn't want.

Ive allways personally thought that Michael would of at least wanted us to see what he was planning had he known he was going to die. Im not sure though.

do you know when you are going to die? No. Michael had no idea he was going to be murdered.

What is with people thinking he knew he was going to die? People dont say "See you tomorrow at 2" if they knew they were going to die!... sorry having this same convo on msn

This movie really needed to be released, it has helped bring a bit of closure to a lot of us. It would've been a lot more painful to many of us if we never got to see anything and I think Kenny did a wonderful job on the movie.

This movie was elementary for his legacy and put those washed up, has been, spaced out, druggie rumors to rest IMO. You could see he was at the top and fully capable of pulling it off.

this is NOT what i am getting at here!
I KNOW Michael was in top form I KNOW he could do it. That is not what i am posting about.

I have been here long enough to see that people will find fault with this even though we have seen it in the theater. What i am saying is FOR ONCE be satisfied.

I KNOW Michael was in top form I KNOW he could do it. That is not what i am posting about.

I have been here long enough to see that people will find fault with this even though we have seen it in the theater. What i am saying is FOR ONCE be satisfied.

I think I know exactly what you mean actually. Since MJ passed, when things come out, there's so much speculation before hand that everyone builds it up and then finds a reason to complain later about how it wasn't good enough or didn't have this or that or what they personally wanted to see wasn't on it.... (i think this is what you were getting at anyhow) ;)

If this is what you meant, then I actually agree. Many fans are happy with what comes out but others complain etc and I agree, with TII on DVD at least, we should be thankful we are getting it at all. They didn't have to release any footage at all.

I for one will be very happy with what is on it... because it will be better than not having any of it. I'm very thankful we get to see the footage. :wub:

Hugs Ginny :hug:

i think mike was in good shape but don't believe he could do the whole 50 (imo i don't think anyone could... the dates were crazyyy :bugeyed ).... but that's another subject.

back to the point.
I don't think i will be dissapointed or anything.... unless they won't show the Dirty Diana rehearsal in the extra footages then i will be very very VERY angry. >:[

I think I know exactly what you mean actually. Since MJ passed, when things come out, there's so much speculation before hand that everyone builds it up and then finds a reason to complain later about how it wasn't good enough or didn't have this or that or what they personally wanted to see wasn't on it.... (i think this is what you were getting at anyhow) ;)

If this is what you meant, then I actually agree. Many fans are happy with what comes out but others complain etc and I agree, with TII on DVD at least, we should be thankful we are getting it at all. They didn't have to release any footage at all.

I for one will be very happy with what is on it... because it will be better than not having any of it. I'm very thankful we get to see the footage. :wub:

Hugs Ginny :hug:

that is EXACTLY what i mean Thank you!:yes:

Sorry but the title made me laugh lol, Debbie Downer. I haven't heard that one before :giggle:

I think I know what you mean but unfortunately there will always be people who will not be happy with something. It was just rehearsals and Michael wasn't performing to his full ability. They could have just archived that footage and gave us nothing but I'm extremely grateful that we're getting this. It's the final piece to Michaels history and even though he's not performing how he would have in London, it proves that he could do it and was ready. Unfortunately, there will be people that complain saying we didn't get enough, the footage wasn't good enough and find some kind of flaw but the only person who was ever suppose to see this was Michael and we do need to remember that it's not going to be 100% perfection.

I'm also very thankful for Kenny and the team for putting the film together, they did an amazing job and gave us fans a gift, they know just how much this means to us. :)

Last edited:
I completley agree with you. Like his brothers said on Larry King live not too long ago, the rehearsals were like 30% effort, now when he performs for his fans, Michael is all 2000%.

I don't see why you are getting all defensive about it, I wasn't accusing you of not getting he was on top etc. I was just stating the fact that this movie was necessary for his legacy to shut up narrow minded and stupid people (not you but the haters and such).

As for people who will complain they will always be this way, they don't need a reason to b****, f*** and mourn around. They will just do it, regardless of them knowing full well that this is just a rehearsal and Michael not giving his all. I believe that's got to do with their attitude toward Michael in general. Such people would do anything to turn a molehill into a mountain.

you know, i haven't seen the movie yet, but if what you call 'half-assed' made two hundred million at the box office....well..i guess we all have our interpretations of 'half-assed'. i'd be afraid of how my heart would react at what would be considered 'full-assed'. MJ is the best there ever was, and i'd pity the fool that tried to imitate what some would consider a 'half-assed' performance by Michael, himself.

oh for the love of god!

fuck this mods delete this thread. Bitch and moan all you want to.

i think mike was in good shape but don't believe he could do the whole 50 (imo i don't think anyone could... the dates were crazyyy :bugeyed ).... but that's another subject.

It was like 2 shows a week spread out over months. Would hardly take a colossal effort.

It was like 2 shows a week spread out over months. Would hardly take a colossal effort.

nah i don't believe so. MJ should have been the shape he was in after the 50 concerts not before.

if you look at all his tours. he loses a bunch of weight by the end of it.

i can't remember the exact schedule of the TII but when i saw it i didn't think he could... but that's just saying me.

i thought maybe he'd reschedule some of them... we'll never know I guess.

nah i don't believe so. MJ should have been the shape he was in after the 50 concerts not before.

if you look at all his tours. he loses a bunch of weight by the end of it.

i can't remember the exact schedule of the TII but when i saw it i didn't think he could... but that's just saying me.

i thought maybe he'd reschedule some of them... we'll never know I guess.

If you're that much of a cynic then that's only your problem to deal with. I'm more than familiar with Michael's tours and never doubted for a minute he could pull this off. And btw the '87 leg of the Bad tour compared to the '88 leg? - Michael was skinnier at the beginning of the tour, not the end.

If you're that much of a cynic then that's only your problem to deal with. I'm more than familiar with Michael's tours and never doubted for a minute he could pull this off. And btw the '87 leg of the Bad tour compared to the '88 leg? - Michael was skinnier at the beginning of the tour, not the end.

woah hold up, gurl.

It's my opinion. if you feel like he could pull it off then that's fineeeeeeeeeeeakfjasdihfvuidvbkjhnfkblnl;dfhgklodfhg
amyholdmebackbeforeigetbannedjkhgkjfgjhcgjgfthgfujkkkkkk

Go look at him at the beginning of History Tour k? And then go look at him at the end of history tour. Look how much weight he lost. Michael was quite thin, and he was about to do 50 shows? Really? If you're so familiar with Michael's tours then you would know about History Tour as well, yes?

Go look at him at the beginning of History Tour k? And then go look at him at the end of history tour. Look how much weight he lost. Michael was quite thin, and he was about to do 50 shows? Really? If you're so familiar with Michael's tours then you would know about History as well.

i'm getting off this thread.
if she replies... don't tell me.

see? everytime i try to be nice trying to state my opinion.... sadkfjjfuhjfviugksdhfg7itoiuglvfkb cvb vm c vm. cvm,

woah hold up, gurl.

It's my opinion. if you feel like he could pull it off then that's fineeeeeeeeeeeakfjasdihfvuidvbkjhnfkblnl;dfhgklodfhg
amyholdmebackbeforeigetbannedjkhgkjfgjhcgjgfthgfujkkkkkk

I don't recall saying you were wrong for thinking that or that you couldn't have an opinion. So you can chill out 'gurl'. :) No need to get so defensive. You stated that in all his tours he loses weight by the end. I only pointed out the fact that that wasn't the case for the '88 Bad Tour leg. Maybe you should leave this thread or get a grip if you'll take something harmless so personally. It's obvious from the first few posts this wasn't going to be a happy fluffy thread filled with hugs and bunnies and sunshine.

Go look at him at the beginning of History Tour k? And then go look at him at the end of history tour. Look how much weight he lost. Michael was quite thin, and he was about to do 50 shows? Really? If you're so familiar with Michael's tours then you would know about History Tour as well, yes?

Honestly why are either you or MicHil bothering to compare a WORLD STADIUM TOUR of several shows a week, over a period of 12-18 months, with extensive traveling and timezones to get used to, to being in one city, only 2 or 3 shows a week, no traveling, spread out over several months with like a 3 month break in the middle? Apples and oranges. There is nothing to indicate he wasn't capable of completing the shows, since there is no residency he ever did to compare it with.

I don't recall saying you were wrong for thinking that or that you couldn't have an opinion. So you can chill out 'gurl'. :) No need to get so defensive. You stated that in all his tours he loses weight by the end. I only pointed out the fact that that wasn't the case for the '88 Bad Tour leg. Maybe you should leave this thread or get a grip if you'll take something harmless so personally. It's obvious from the first few posts this wasn't going to be a happy fluffy thread filled with hugs and bunnies and sunshine.

gurl, I hope she's not online. :no:

It's not because you stated the Bad Tour and your opinion. It was because of you calling her a cynic.

Honestly why are either you or MicHil bothering to compare a WORLD STADIUM TOUR of several shows a week, over a period of 12-18 months, with extensive traveling and timezones to get used to, to being in one city, only 2 or 3 shows a week, no traveling, spread out over several months with like a 3 month break in the middle? Apples and oranges. There is nothing to indicate he wasn't capable of completing the shows, since there is no residency he ever did to compare it with.

:smilerolleyes: It's obvious you don't care about his health. Me and MicHil's main priorities for Michael are his health and his happieness.

And.. that's all I'm gonna say, because you think you're right and everyone else is wrong. That's okay though, because your the Queen of Right and we are only the Peasants of Wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back