Official calendar for 2013 / Estate Statement

Re: 2 NEW official calendars 2013

http://www.buy.com/prod/michael-jackson-2013-calendar/230629576.html?listingid=-1
here is one mj 2013 calendar I can't find the other ones :(

PS how can I change my name on here? I tried and just figured out what my name was on here I want to change it, how can I? this is my first post on here but I've been a member for a while now I haven't posted because I don't want this name on here

Here is info by the estate team about the calendars:

It has been brought to our attention that there is some confusion in the community regarding the 2013 Michael Jackson official calendar. Only the 2013 calendar released by Bravado/Danilo is licensed; ML Publishing is not authorized to put out calendars or any other products.

We hope that clarifies any inquiries

It has been brought to our attention that there is some confusion in the community regarding the 2013 Michael Jackson official calendar. Only the 2013 calendar released by Bravado/Danilo is licensed; ML Publishing is not authorized to put out calendars or any other products.

Thanks for posting that. How were you able to submit this to the estate for an answer?

^^

They follow the forums and can see if people has questions.

Thanks for posting that. How were you able to submit this to the estate for an answer?

They see fan's complaints and send emails to clarify doubts to all fan sites. As I am co-administrator of a fan site, I was able to get the email too.

Source? Link?

They see fan's complaints and send emails to clarify doubts to all fan sites. As I am co-administrator of a fan site, I was able to get the email too.

Hmmm, well not a complaint exactly, but just a comment or two.
This is a calendar for the world's most beautiful man (personal opinion), so why are there 6 photos on the official calendar where you can hardly see his face? (I do like the cover photo,though...it's very atmospheric). And in one of the 2 photos (counting the back cover) with his back to you, he is wearing a long jacket......
Also, I know its 'Bad25' year, but it would be really nice to see a few 'older MJ' pics in future calendars.

They are great photos, but when you only have 12 per year it would be nice to have atmosphere and clarity, both together?

To be honestly I understand still not:

I see 2 calendars in the posting ‘1 from moonwalker fan, the first with a picture from Smooth-Criminal-MJ and the second in darkblue/black with an silhouette from Michael.

On the back side from second calendar is a label from Bravado;
On the back side from first calendar ist a label from ML Publishing Group LLC. But that calendar is the calendar Danilo is selling:
http://www.calendars.com/Danilo/cat410038/
(you must click “wall calendars und then write in “search” Michael Jackson calendar 2013)

The note the Estate is saying:
“Only the 2013 calendar released by Bravado/Danilo is licensed; ML Publishing is not authorized to put out calendars or any other products.”
But Danilo sells a calendar fom ML Publishing…..

Maybe somebody can explain to me?

Moonwalker.Fan;3705304 said:
http://http//lesliemjhu.blogspot.com...nsing-llc.html
Wiesner was helped by certain individuals, mostly by Stefan Munstedt. He owned mijac.org and some of the other domains, and was responsible for projects.
In early 2006 Wiesner and Munsted added a Bahrain representation to their already existing German and US ones under "ML Publishing LLC" (MLP). I was told back then that MLP had a licensing approval from both MJ and Sony.
How about MJL's present and future?
Since MJ's death MJL granted some European companies with MJ licensing rights. In one case MJL's approval crossed lines with the Estate's plans, because both of them appointed entities to license MJ related official costumes. The two manufacturer ended up at court late last year.
The fact that the parties agreed out of court and that MJL still exists and operates means that the Estate can not or would not do anything with them. MJL launched several new items.
According to the 2003 MJL agreement the company's rights will live until June 20, 2012 and might be limited to some parts of Europe. At least the 50% of the incomes goes to the Estate anyways (I have been told by an insider in 2007 that this might be up to 75%).

So, technically its official, because ML Publishing has the right to release some products with MJs brands.

First of all: Leslie wrote this article at July 25., 2010.

Second: Leslie wrote “I was told back then that MLP had a licensing approval from both MJ and Sony.”
Who was told to Leslie? We don’t know this, and Leslie away….

Third: “In early 2006 Wiesner and Munsted added a Bahrain representation to their already existing German and US ones under "ML Publishing LLC" (MLP).”
Wiesner has sued Michael in November 2005 about 64 million dollars and Michael has made a counter suit against Wiesner. ‘Til September 2007 it was a vacuum between Michael and Wiesner.

I can’t imagine me Wiesner in Bahrein early 2006 visiting Michael and drinking tea together und talk about business. I don’t believe that…

Last edited:
I think what's confusing you is that originally, the Danilo/Bravado calendar was going to have a Smooth Criminal image on the cover. However, the design changed and now the cover will be the image of MJ standing in a spotlight. Some websites that will be selling the calendar still show the old cover showing.

Mneme;3712194 said:
To be honestly I understand still not:

I see 2 calendars in the posting ‘1 from moonwalker fan, the first with a picture from Smooth-Criminal-MJ and the second in darkblue/black with an silhouette from Michael.

On the back side from second calendar is a label from Bravado;
On the back side from first calendar ist a label from ML Publishing Group LLC. But that calendar is the calendar Danilo is selling:
http://www.calendars.com/Danilo/cat410038/
(you must click “wall calendars und then write in “search” Michael Jackson calendar 2013)

The note the Estate is saying:
“Only the 2013 calendar released by Bravado/Danilo is licensed; ML Publishing is not authorized to put out calendars or any other products.”
But Danilo sells a calendar fom ML Publishing…..

Maybe somebody can explain to me?

First of all: Leslie wrote this article at July 25., 2010.

Second: Leslie wrote “I was told back then that MLP had a licensing approval from both MJ and Sony.”
Who was told to Leslie? We don’t know this, and Leslie away….

Third: “In early 2006 Wiesner and Munsted added a Bahrain representation to their already existing German and US ones under "ML Publishing LLC" (MLP).”
Wiesner has sued Michael in November 2005 about 64 million dollars and Michael has made a counter suit against Wiesner. ‘Til September 2007 it was a vacuum between Michael and Wiesner.

I can’t imagine me Wiesner in Bahrein early 2006 visiting Michael and drinking tea together und talk about business. I don’t believe that…

Meanwhile, ML Publishing's pictures in their 2013 calendar are much more interesting and cute than there're in the official one!

Eric;3712721 said:
I think what's confusing you is that originally, the Danilo/Bravado calendar was going to have a Smooth Criminal image on the cover. However, the design changed and now the cover will be the image of MJ standing in a spotlight. Some websites that will be selling the calendar still show the old cover showing.

Many Thanks Eric!

Now, I am a little densely und understand not yet. (Sorry for that)
Means that: Bravado ordered the SC-calendar at Danilo and Danilo wrote wrong on the back-site "ML Publishing Group LLc"?
And means that: Bravado haven't seen this and this calendar was going to sell? And then, later, after Bravado have seen the wrong editor Bravado ordered the another with Michael in the spotlight?

Who is now the SC-calendar selling? Bravado isn't it.... Do you know that?
Because the Estate wrote to the fans: "ML Publishing is not authorized to put out calendars or any other products.”

Mneme;3712802 said:
Many Thanks Eric!

Now, I am a little densely und understand not yet. (Sorry for that)
Means that: Bravado ordered the SC-calendar at Danilo and Danilo wrote wrong on the back-site "ML Publishing Group LLc"?
And means that: Bravado haven't seen this and this calendar was going to sell? And then, later, after Bravado have seen the wrong editor Bravado ordered the another with Michael in the spotlight?

Who is now the SC-calendar selling? Bravado isn't it.... Do you know that?
Because the Estate wrote to the fans: "ML Publishing is not authorized to put out calendars or any other products.”

Originally there were going to be 2 calendars.

1. Official Bravado with a Smooth Criminal image on the front.

2. Unofficial ML publishing with a different Smooth Criminal image on the front.

That's 2 different calendars that just happen to both have a Smooth Criminal image on the front. Now, the Bravado calendar was changed and will have the image of MJ in the spotlight.

The problem (and this is NOT only my problem!) ist:

We have in Post No. 1 (Moonwalker. fan) four Pictures of two different calendars.

The two pictures above are front- and back-site of the ML Publishing calendar. See here:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/161701091X/...de=asn&creative=22494&creativeASIN=161701091X

The two picures below arefront- and backsite of the Bravado/Danilo calendar.
This calendar can I find nowhere, not at Bravado either at Danilo.
Danilo shows on theirs webside a MJ-calendar with a Smooth Criminal Image and a Dancer in the background. See here:
http://www.calendars.com/search/adv...GS=/search/facetsearch.jsp.searchFormDetailed
Maybe this calendar and the calendar with Michael in the spotlight are the same and only the cover is different. (?)

But in Post No. 1 I can't see this picure!
There are only two large pictures from of a ML-Publishing calendar...... a calendar, which is not authorized from the estate!
That means MJJC is giving a place for advertising for an un-authorized calendar.

I don't see it from this perspective, I'd rather say that i LOVE the fact that there are many MJ products (also non-oficial) out there because that's what keeps him and his legacy alive. So why not have 100 different calendars instead of just one official? Maybe it is just me but I don't look at it from the 'money' point of view, it's about Michael, so if I love the calendar I'll buy it, doesn't matter whether it's official or not.

Imagine not existing any of the 'unofficial' and fan bootleg stuff.. boring! and I'm not talking only about the 'material' stuff, I mean also the video-clips, concerts, etc... forget Yokohama, Munich, LA etc...we'd only had Wembley because it's the only live concert that is official and approved by the estate. It would suck big time having only the official stuff!

That is the wrong way of putting it. Using your logic Howard Mann and Melissa Johnson should be illegally exploiting MJ intellectual property (IP), since according to you, it will keep his legacy alive. That's just dead wrong. Using MJ IP without his Estate approval amounts to STEALING. No matter how you wanna sugar coat it.

I got the right official calendar. I love it. I just have one complaint lol. I hope it's okay to say this but I would like to see more photos of Michael from th 90s and 2000s. There are really nice pictures of him. It seems always Thriller and Bad era photos. Not complaining because they are great but I hope you know what I mean.

I got the right official calendar. I love it. I just have one complaint lol. I hope it's okay to say this but I would like to see more photos of Michael from th 90s and 2000s. There are really nice pictures of him. It seems always Thriller and Bad era photos. Not complaining because they are great but I hope you know what I mean.
I think since right now we are in the Bad 25 mode, they chose a lot of pics from Bad. I know the 2012 calendar was the official Bad calendar, but Bad 25 is probably going to be promoted at least a few months into 2013. So I guess they just continued the theme.

I think since right now we are in the Bad 25 mode, they chose a lot of pics from Bad. I know the 2012 calendar was the official Bad calendar, but Bad 25 is probably going to be promoted at least a few months into 2013. So I guess they just continued the theme.

I think so too.

I don't see it from this perspective, I'd rather say that i LOVE the fact that there are many MJ products (also non-oficial) out there because that's what keeps him and his legacy alive. So why not have 100 different calendars instead of just one official? Maybe it is just me but I don't look at it from the 'money' point of view, it's about Michael, so if I love the calendar I'll buy it, doesn't matter whether it's official or not.

Imagine not existing any of the 'unofficial' and fan bootleg stuff.. boring! and I'm not talking only about the 'material' stuff, I mean also the video-clips, concerts, etc... forget Yokohama, Munich, LA etc...we'd only had Wembley because it's the only live concert that is official and approved by the estate. It would suck big time having only the official stuff!

Agree!!
I got into Kpop recently, it is a big thing now and I found out that fans actually follow those idols around so they could take pictures and make money off them!! so I dont see the prob with 'unofficial' products.

I already bought both ! Lol ! Have them right here with me ... B e a u t i f u l !!! Love to all , nora .

Back