Off the Wall or Invincible?

Off the Wall or Invincible?

• Off the Wall

Votes: 233 59.0%
  • Invincible

Votes: 162 41.0%

• Total voters
I go for Off The Wall. I was around when the album was originally released. My neighbor had the 8-track, lol.

You know, in my personal humble opinion only, if Invincible had been better themed with it's cover art etc and had been given a more unique visual identity, the album could possibly have been a bit more psychologically appealing and wouldn't have seemed as "cold"

I voted for Invincible.

It has so much diversity in it. That album had so much potential and it's a great shame that its gone under the radar un-noted like his more mainstream albums. It has genre's of music that could appeal to a wide variety of taste and personalities. It's a true shame that this particular peice of art doesn't receive the creibility that it derserves.

There's simply no denying that Off The Wall deserves its own credits on its own merit. This album is unparalleled to almost any other album of it's time however, I believe that invincible has alot more to offer :)

I chose off the wall becouse of "I can't help it" - this song is great!
but invincible is great too I love both the same way, but they are very different!

M_Angel_*

Last edited:
Invincible because it has a wonderful track like Whatever happens....one of the MJ best ever songs....

There are both great albums and I don't think I can do without the other. There are times when I just bury OFF THE WALL to listen to VINCE and vice versa. It all depends on what kind of mood I'm in and what kind of Michael I'd love to hear.

Off The Wall! A youthful Mike with a set of funky and soulfull tracks :)

Off the wall even if it was underrated at that times, it's def a wonderful album that deserved more recognition by the music industry.

off the wall does it for me even though i think that vince has some of michaels best work nut overall otw wins my vote

OFF THE WALL although I reckon stuff like whatever happens and speechless are better then some of the stuff on off the wall

I feel like a 40-year-old sometimes: "kids these days... :lol: "

Anyway to compare OTW to Invincible, as someone probably already said, is like comparing apples and oranges.

I voted Invincible because even though some of the songs on it might be too commerical sounding, I think it has some of his best work on it, like Speechless, which I think is a truly amazing song. Off the Wall is a fun album, but most of the time I prefer Invincible.

i definitely have to say off the wall, beacuse overall the albim is amazing. the only "weak" song on the album i must say is "burn this disco out" and honestly if sunset driver had made the albums cut over btdo, off the wall would be rivaling thriller as his best work ever.

Although I DO genuinely love INVINCIBLE and OTW, I have to pick that invincible is my top fav over most of his albums, even coming in second only next to HISTORY! :yes:

Off the Wall. The organic production, vocals, delivery, freeness of it all inspires me in every single way. The beauty of his first real solo project, and his carefree attitude throughout shines through. (Although he may not have been carefree, wanting to break out on his own with his own terms)

I love both because it showz two different sides of michael the "Off The Wall" alblum shows and calm michael and fun and the "Invincible" shows the caring side and the hard core pop of him

Off The Wall!! I love ALL the songs on that album. I think the thing with Invincible is there's too many songs on it and therefore some sound alot weaker than others for example Cry, Privacy, Heartbreaker, 2000 Watts. Although I LOVE Invincible, it has some of his best songs too IMO, I perfer Off The Wall as an album, and that also has some of his best Rock With You, DSTYGE, Off The Wall, She's Out Of My Life...Oh what the heck, I love them all. :wub: :lol:

i already voted on this once..but if i had a chance to vote a second time i would vote for invincible again because 'unbreakable' is my fav dance song of all time.

My stereo likes Invincible, because the sound is second to none. Maybe not many know this but no album in history has clearer or louder sound then Invincible. That was Michaels goal. Listen to the album on a 300 watts amplifier and B&W speakers with the entire frequency range. The album is so heavily produced you cannot hear the songs in full on weaker systems. Ubreakable and Heartbreaker tear the walls down. Privacy bangs so loud the pictures on the wall came down. I got 10000 songs on my pc from alot of artists and bands, and noone comes close to the quality of sound on Invincible. Yeah I know, I am a geek on stereos. But as for hits, Off The Wall is better. But I prefer good sound over hits.

OTW!!!!! Can't remember if I already posted that in this thread......but oh well

Back