"Off The Wall" Album Discussion

Cant leave me out. Lol! I love this album too.

I Can't Help it. Smooth and jazzy.

Off The Wall - Fun! And MJ's voice is OTC (thats off the chain,lol.) on this track.

Rock With You - Love the simple funkiness of this one.

Working Day And Night - The fast pace of this song, mixed with MJ's
sexy falsetto parts, is fire! He be jammin'!

I love this album. I really didn't start listening to it until right after Bad came out though because I used to see it at the store with a "value price" sticker on it and as a kid I guess I assumed it wasn't that good because it was so cheap.

But finally, one day in the late 80's I decided to buy it on cassette and when I did, I was very happily surprised with how much I liked it. For one, it featured Rock With You, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, and She's Out Of My Life like I'd seen for years in music videos and concert footage (esp. the new Bad tour concert footage), and then it also had a slew of other great songs I instantly got hooked to.

For awhile there, in the late 80's, I was addicted to Off The Wall along with the new album Bad. I'd listen to some of Bad on vinyl, then switch over to my Off The Wall cassette tape. It was great. :)

Now, when I listen to it, the only song I really don't enjoy is Girlfriend. The reason is just because I don't like hearing songs glorifying infidelity in any form. Sorry, that's just me. I didn't like Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me" either for the same reason. That's just me. I'm a married man of 10 years and my wife an I...we have personally seen what happens and the emotional damage infidelity can do. So....yeah.

Anyway, the whole album (besides that song) is friggin great. One of the best albums ever put out. But just to clarify, it's not Michael's first solo album. He had others under the Motown label. But it is Michael's first BIG solo album (and it was with Epic btw).

One last thing I want to add here is that I never skip The Girl Is Mine when listening to Thriller. It's part of the whole Thriller experience for me. It's one of the songs I listened to when I was a little kid back then and it is Thriller. Without the song, the Thriller album is not the Thriller album. I guess it's one of those "you had to be there" type situations...lol I love it.

When I first became a fan, Off the Wall was the second album I ever received (I chose the Greatest hits HIStory vol. 1 album for my birthday, and then got Off the Wall given to me as a belated birthday present). I listened to it a few times, decided I didn't really like it much and began to buy myself the other albums, which I have played so much that tracks are beginning to jump! I went back to listening to OTW a few years ago, when I passed my driving test. I wanted some music to listen to while driving on my own, so I decided to put some of my least listened to CD's on.

...that album is AMAZING! :D It has everything - romance, cheekiness, sexiness...the list is endless! I love Burn This Disco Out, as it reminds me of the day I finished my GCSE's and sat outside my school blasting MJ :D I've got a whole lot of love for that album now!

Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - I LOVE this one!!!
Rock with You -- SO cute! I love the harmonies.
Workin' Day and Night -- Jammin'!!! Great song to groove to!
Get on the Floor -- BEST SONG ON THE WHOLE ALBUM!!! It makes me want to get my disco ball out and DANCE!!
Off the Wall -- Pretty good.
Girlfriend -- Like it. It gives a different feel to the album since it sounds different. I don't like what it's about, though! If you get the chance, listen to Paul McCartney's original version. It has more words to it. And it's good as well.
She's Out of My Life -- Beautiful vocals. So sad, so I can't listen to it a lot, because I've felt like that one too many times.
I Can't Help It -- I usually skip this one. I need to listen to it again. I love his vocals on it, though.
It's the Falling In Love -- I skip it usually. Cute song, though.
Burn This Disco Out -- Great song!!! It makes me want to get up and dance!!! :D

This is one of my fave albums!!! :)

Off The Wall is my favorite Michael Jackson album (followed by Bad), I see this album as the essence of what Michael's all about and love the fact he's free and unconstrained by the monumental success that would lead on from Off The Wall. I also think the late 1977-81 was the best era in music and the most funky, because so much great music was being released and new genre's of music were being created with the Off The Wall album being the best of them all.

I love all the songs on Off The Wall, for me only Girlfriend and It's The Falling In Love are the only weaker songs, but even those songs are quite good.

My favorite songs on Off The Wall are .......

1. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
2. Workin' Day And Night
3. Get On The Floor
4. Burn This Disco Out

Back